July 04, 2024, 08:03:08 AM

Author Topic: Best Buy Deluxe Edition  (Read 27432 times)

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Best Buy Deluxe Edition
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2008, 11:53:08 PM »
Mine was also back-ordered.. I just went to Best Buy Hollywood they had tons of Double Disc edition (atleast 30), looked like more of them then the regular CD edition. I bought mine in-store and am calling Best Buy to cancel my pre-order that I placed online...
My only exit is a one way out...

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2008, 01:30:23 AM »
I can't even track my order, it says tracking status is unavailable. I'd be very happy to get a copy at my local shithole, I'm sorry, BestBuy, but like I said, I already forked over $18 and I would have no way to resell the copy that would eventually come in the mail. How do you check if your copy is backordered? I get the feeling mine could also be.
Back for another one

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2008, 02:21:26 AM »
Walked into Best Buy around noon today and grabbed my copy.
There were only a handful in the "New Release" section (all deluxe versions), but there were a ton of both regular and deluxe versions in the regular cd shelves.

And since I had a $5 Reward Zone coupon I only paid $11.99!

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • check me out on the book of faces
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2008, 02:39:08 AM »
All of you who are complaining that you thought you could only buy it online, or that you would only get the shirt online are a bunch of whiney bitches.

I told you almost a week ago that if you want to get it the day of the release to cancel your preorder and get it from the store. I said that each store is getting around 20 copies of the deluxe edition and that each has the coupon for the free shirt inside.

If you didn't listen you have no room to complain.

wha, wha wha. Here comes the whambulance.

Shutup and listen to the music. It's good.

-Cubs
If you give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. But if you SET a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

guvnagrover

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2008, 03:15:19 AM »
Picked up my copy at Best Buy (the deluxe edition).  Still haven't received any status on the copy I ordered online.  I'll leave that open so I can have a "backup" copy lol.

Just received a email from Scott's website-they list Newbury Comics as a place to buy the cd, so, the autographed copy must be legit.
"Skin is smooth I steal a glance...Dragon flies 'er' gliding over"

"Cause she could play the six string, Better than those macho pendejos...Oh Maver..."

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2008, 03:37:24 AM »
I tracked my order from Best Buy and it's backordered!  I didn't want to drive over to the store and that's why I pre-ordered online.  Now I have to go to the store which isn't convenient for some of us.  Really, is it necessary to be so bitchy Cubs?  I ordered mine before your words of wisdom last week.

The Action Girls

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2008, 03:47:55 AM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
I tracked my order from Best Buy and it's backordered!  I didn't want to drive over to the store and that's why I pre-ordered online.  Now I have to go to the store which isn't convenient for some of us.  Really, is it necessary to be so bitchy Cubs?  I ordered mine before your words of wisdom last week.

Yeah, same here, I ordered mine a while ago, then again, I just registered here the other day. Now how can you check if it's backordered? Will it just say "Backordered" when you try and track it?

EDIT: I checked mine. It says "Status: Completed / Shipped Standard via USPS on 11/25/08"

When should I expect it to reach my hands?
Back for another one

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2008, 05:44:23 AM »
So can someone tell me what the difference is between the Standard and Deluxe Edition?    Wondering if I should just get the one on itunes for 9.99 or wait and go buy the deluxe at Best Buy?

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2008, 05:53:43 AM »
The Deluxe is 2 discs and has a free t-shirt offer.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2008, 05:55:24 AM »
Quote from: "Casual"
So can someone tell me what the difference is between the Standard and Deluxe Edition?    Wondering if I should just get the one on itunes for 9.99 or wait and go buy the deluxe at Best Buy?

The deluxe is the 2 disc set, and the standard is the one disc. The iTUNES will have the bonus track, which the standard and deluxe editions DO NOT have. So, if I were you, I would get the deluxe version and track someone down who has the iTUNES bonus track. Maybe someone from the community will be kind to pass it along *wink wink*
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2008, 06:10:09 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"

The deluxe is the 2 disc set, and the standard is the one disc. The iTUNES will have the bonus track, which the standard and deluxe editions DO NOT have. So, if I were you, I would get the deluxe version and track someone down who has the iTUNES bonus track. Maybe someone from the community will be kind to pass it along *wink wink*

Thanks for the info everyone.   I will prob. get the deluxe for the second disc.  I would drive there if it weren't raining right now. Maybe I'll go buy a song or two on itunes to hold me over.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2008, 08:07:19 AM »
Just download the single disc album for free in the meantime if you plan on buying the double disc tomorrow.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »
^^thanks, I'll try and do that.
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

The Action Girls

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2008, 02:53:43 AM »
God-Fucking-Dammit! It didn't arrive in the mail, again! Tracking information is null still, yet it says it shipped yesterday. Now I won't get it until Friday at the least. I swear I'll find a fucking torrent and get it for free for now. I already DL'd the leak, but I want my second disc!!! After reading Jimmy's review (which makes me think the album should be called, "Mary Cheated on Scott"), it's a great album review, but it makes me want the album even more!!! AhhhHHhh! I'm gonna go ballistic on BestBuy!
Back for another one

Dive

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 27, 2008, 03:32:09 AM »
I feel ya, as for Best Buy. I'm so pissed off at them right now. For me, they haven't fulfilled what they advertised AT ALL! I ordered the deluxe CD, never got the mp3 download. I wrote to their customer service, they forwarded my email to the Promotions Dept regarding the free mp3...I never heard back! Now the CD is backordered, and it will be approx. two weeks.  Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't pre-ordering ensuring you'll get a copy when it's released? That's what I thought the purpose was...but what do I know. I will never pre-order anything from them again.  ::)