September 29, 2024, 06:27:25 AM

Author Topic: Double album?  (Read 9863 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Double album?
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2008, 09:52:01 PM »
I think that Paralysis is the first single. But the radio station in Cleveland is playing "Missing Cleveland" because the name of the city is in the song.

It makes sense, because we haven't heard what the first single will be, and we have a video for Paralysis.
Bleeda blooda

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2008, 11:07:57 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
I think that Paralysis is the first single. But the radio station in Cleveland is playing "Missing Cleveland" because the name of the city is in the song.

Q101 in Chicago has been playing Missing Cleveland, and there is no mistaking Cleveland from Chicago ;)
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2008, 11:52:57 PM »
They play crap like Fall Out Boy and The Killers.
Don't even compare Fall Out Boy and The Killers.  Fall Out Boy have zero musical talent and their singer has no range.  Brandon Flowers is a brilliant songwriter and an amazing singer with great vocal range.  He is very dedicated to his music, I read an article saying he would literally spend all day in the studio while the other members would come in and out of it.  The guitarist can also play guitar solos, unlike Fall Out Boy's.  It is incredibly ignorant to compare The Killers and Fall Out Boy.  I'm not telling you that you have to like The Killers, but at least respect their talent and artistic integrity and just say they're not your cup of tea.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2008, 02:31:46 AM »

It makes sense, because we haven't heard what the first single will be, and we have a video for Paralysis.

According to FMQB, the single is Missing Cleveland.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Atlantic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2008, 05:10:58 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Don't even compare Fall Out Boy and The Killers.  Fall Out Boy have zero musical talent and their singer has no range.  Brandon Flowers is a brilliant songwriter and an amazing singer with great vocal range.  He is very dedicated to his music, I read an article saying he would literally spend all day in the studio while the other members would come in and out of it.  The guitarist can also play guitar solos, unlike Fall Out Boy's.  It is incredibly ignorant to compare The Killers and Fall Out Boy.  I'm not telling you that you have to like The Killers, but at least respect their talent and artistic integrity and just say they're not your cup of tea.

For sure. Read My Mind is an excellent tune imo.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2008, 09:46:04 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"

I'm not comparing them, I just think that neither of them are any good. I enjoyed a lot of songs off of Hot Fuss, but anything they've released since then just sounds like someone shitting in my ears.
Bleeda blooda

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2008, 07:22:04 PM »
I too will have to call you out on the Fall Out Boy/Killers comment.  Fall Out Boy is a regressive step for music while The Killer have something to contribute.  While they may not be the best band in the world, they are a talented bunch.  Think before you speak.

Back to the topic of HiG, the album looks solid and I have enjoyed the samples.  However, while the songs seem cohesive and like they fit well together, Fame seems out of place and like it is going to be an interruption to an otherwise solid album.  Anyway, I look much more forward to the 2 disc release, much more so than the regular due to the depth of tracks I think that we will get (IF we ever get it).  Scott rarely comes through as we all know.

-Steven

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2008, 08:26:32 PM »
I'm not comparing them, I just think that neither of them are any good. I enjoyed a lot of songs off of Hot Fuss, but anything they've released since then just sounds like someone shitting in my ears.

You have the right to your opinion... music to me is like religion, you can't make me buy what you think about it, music speaks to us & touches us all differently. Andrew doesn't have to like the Killers if he doesn't. I'm sure he like some artists you may not. So try not to jump down his throat... its not like he went to a Killers forum & said he doesn't dig them.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2008, 08:42:21 PM »
While I feel the Killers are in another league compared to Fall Out Boy, Andrew was not comparing the two. He just doesn't prefer either of them. That's all.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2008, 10:23:53 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
While I feel the Killers are in another league compared to Fall Out Boy, Andrew was not comparing the two. He just doesn't prefer either of them. That's all.

Bingo. I don't appreciate them, or their style of music. Somebody Told Me was a kickass song, the new stuff just seems generic and boring to me.
Bleeda blooda

jermthefan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2008, 08:49:25 PM »
I don't "like" a lot of music, but I can respect and appreciate it. I dislike some really popular bands. I don't wanna get flamed, so I won't name them, but some of the stuff I don't like just stuns people. That being said, there is a difference between not liking something and not respecting or appreciating it. You can not like something and still, at the same time, see how others would.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2008, 11:54:48 PM »
Why doesnt amazon have the tracklisting?

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2008, 02:26:46 AM »
Seems like you will be able to officially download/purchase "Missing Cleveland" on 11/11/2008.

http://www.amazon.com/Missing-Cleveland ... dm_ap_alb3
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2008, 09:10:09 AM »
Quote from: "jermthefan"
I don't "like" a lot of music, but I can respect and appreciate it. I dislike some really popular bands. I don't wanna get flamed, so I won't name them, but some of the stuff I don't like just stuns people. That being said, there is a difference between not liking something and not respecting or appreciating it. You can not like something and still, at the same time, see how others would.

I can't stand The Beatles or The Rolling Stones.

Flame me, go ahead.
Bleeda blooda

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2008, 04:25:08 PM »
Let's just stick to the topic..
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.