September 29, 2024, 12:22:13 AM

Author Topic: Album leak?  (Read 9403 times)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Album leak?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 06:03:03 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
I'm surprised it hasn't, already, really.  Gosh - we had No. 4 almost two months before it came out!

Ha, I remember that.  Listening to the real audio samples on one of the old STP websites.  Good times.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 06:10:12 PM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
Ha, I remember that.  Listening to the real audio samples on one of the old STP websites.  Good times.

I could be way crazy wrong - but I'm pretty damn sure it was at the old Silvergun site.  :)  Could have been the Resurrection.

I still have my self-burned copy of No. 4 from those leaked songs - since we didn't have a track listing or anything, I just burned them in no particular order - but I listened to them that way for so long, that I got used to it.  When the actual CD came out, it seemed foreign because everything was "out of order" for me.  :D
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 06:56:42 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
HOW DID SHE GET A COPY (3RD TIME)

She knows peeps... works in the biz... that sort of thing.
Take it.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 08:38:23 PM »
I still have my self-burned copy of No. 4 from those leaked songs - since we didn't have a track listing or anything, I just burned them in no particular order - but I listened to them that way for so long, that I got used to it.  When the actual CD came out, it seemed foreign because everything was "out of order" for me.  :D

Just out of curiousity, what was the order that you had?
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

capt_caveman

• Maver
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Take A Load Off
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zooind.tumblr.com
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2008, 06:02:00 AM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"

Oh man, those were the days... I remember hearing bits of the album on one of those plastic blue Macs at work. OS 9 I think... Wow.
Cause she could play the six string better than those macho pendejos

everylilwhore

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 09:08:54 AM »
I could be way crazy wrong - but I'm pretty damn sure it was at the old Silvergun site.  :)  Could have been the Resurrection.

I still have the note that Steve Stewart wrote me, saying he was 'trusting me with this' when I was given No.4 well in advance of the release. It was even on Steve Stewarts fantastically bad paper.

I remember playing the songs over the damn phone for someone on the board here who was harrassing the shit out of me.

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 08:57:42 PM »
Quote from: "everylilwhore"
I still have the note that Steve Stewart wrote me, saying he was 'trusting me with this' when I was given No.4 well in advance of the release. It was even on Steve Stewarts fantastically bad paper.

I remember playing the songs over the damn phone for someone on the board here who was harrassing the shit out of me.
That Matt guy played a couple tunes for me over the phone from what I can remember. I only had No. 4 a couple weeks before it came out. I still have an interview with Scott that I did on tape during the No. 4 tour that I never made into a digital file. I listened to it a few yers ago and it was a trup listening to how idiotic I sound and how much BS promises Scott threw out. He's always been a nice guy to me though.....

SLDD, on the other hand, I had a full month prior. That was a debacle and I got in a little trouble for that one....believe some other folks (looks around) did as well. That was when Big Hassle media was their publicist.

Ahhh...the good old days when it was all STP all the time. Now, I just get passed in the posting rankings daily by people who have been signed up here since June.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 09:07:03 PM »
Quote from: "Long Way Home"
That Matt guy played a couple tunes for me over the phone from what I can remember. I only had No. 4 a couple weeks before it came out. I still have an interview with Scott that I did on tape during the No. 4 tour that I never made into a digital file. I listened to it a few yers ago and it was a trup listening to how idiotic I sound and how much BS promises Scott threw out. He's always been a nice guy to me though.....

SLDD, on the other hand, I had a full month prior. That was a debacle and I got in a little trouble for that one....believe some other folks (looks around) did as well. That was when Big Hassle media was their publicist.

Ahhh...the good old days when it was all STP all the time. Now, I just get passed in the posting rankings daily by people who have been signed up here since June.

Awe.  Our little Brucie is all growed up!  :)

I got my copy from Nick Indge.  Who got his from Sean.  And if he didn't get it from Sean, then he got it from Crazy Rob (Suicide Rob, anyone?), who got it from Matt, who got it from Sean.  So basically, it all falls back on Mr. Conrad.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

everylilwhore

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 08:58:38 AM »
Someone tell me if this is legit after they DL it. Cause I don't think it is....especially since I don't think that many of these names add up.

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/5208 ... ab=summary
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:09:36 AM by everylilwhore »

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 01:13:18 PM »
Quote from: "everylilwhore"
Someone tell me if this is legit after they DL it. Cause I don't think it is....especially since I don't think that many of these names add up.

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/5208 ... ab=summary

Probably not real, this is what the text file says:

TO PLAY THESE MUSIC FILES YOU WILL FIRST NEED THE PASSWORD
TO OBTAIN THE PASSWORD FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS...

1.) Go to this web address:

http://mymediatracker.com/tracker2.php?url=12

2.) Click the "Always Free, Click Here" Button.
         -Follow the Install Instructions.
         -Click the "Finish" button and your done.
         -Your password will be on the next page that pops up after you have clicked "Finish"
         -The password is the last 4 words in this sentence " Thank you for installing.....":
         -The password is 13 letters long with no spaces in-between.

3.) Once you have your password, you will need to change the files' extension from  .mp3  to  .zip

4.) Open your files with an unzipping tool. (Ex. Winzip, WinRar, or PeaZip)

5.) Then enter the password and Play your new Music!

Enjoy!
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

everylilwhore

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 06:05:47 PM »
Quote from: "Ivy"
Probably not real, this is what the text file says:

Yeah I saw the instructions file and anytime there is one of those = bad, especially when its a CD.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2008, 11:15:54 PM »
www.shareminer.com

Do a search there daily and you'll find it eventually. You'll find anything and everything there.
Take it.

peronim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2008, 07:20:57 PM »
Let's just hear the album already!!!!  i cant wait any longer

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2008, 10:52:48 PM »
gahhhh where iz teh leek!?

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

jermthefan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 07:34:48 AM »
Scott's cd has leaked....  >:D