September 29, 2024, 12:22:52 AM

Author Topic: Album leak?  (Read 9404 times)

everylilwhore

Album leak?
« on: September 29, 2008, 07:56:43 PM »
There is a torrent that has 5 'leaked' songs, but then it tells you, you have to get a password and shit from some site.

I am not about to fall for that. Anyone on here want to be stupid?

Do a search for Mr. Weiland on isoHunt and let me know if it works.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:44:23 AM by Ivy »

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Album leak?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 08:08:42 PM »
isohunt has nada!  I have been looking for weeks now!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 08:11:10 PM »
After an iso search:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/s ... ly/iso.jpg[/img]

I didn't even try to download it.  First off, I'm at work.  And secondly, Mr. Conrad scared me with saying "anyone want to be stupid."  I'm not exactly sure what he means... and I'm not sure I want to find out.  :)

Edited because I didn't realize that would be so small:  The songs listed are:
Paralysis
She's So Cold
Talk About Love
Somedays
Missing Cleveland

If you go here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v15/screaminglonely/?action=view¤t=iso.jpg, then click the image, it will be slightly larger and easier to read.  But not much.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 08:16:26 PM by STPGurl »
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

everylilwhore

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 08:32:19 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
After an iso search:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/s ... ly/iso.jpg[/img]

I didn't even try to download it.  First off, I'm at work.  And secondly, Mr. Conrad scared me with saying "anyone want to be stupid."  I'm not exactly sure what he means... and I'm not sure I want to find out.  :)

Edited because I didn't realize that would be so small:  The songs listed are:
Paralysis
She's So Cold
Talk About Love
Somedays
Missing Cleveland

If you go here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v15/screaminglonely/?action=view¤t=iso.jpg, then click the image, it will be slightly larger and easier to read.  But not much.

I downloaded it, and then to play the songs you have to follow instructions in an attached RTF to get the password to unlock the files.

Eff that.

I smell a rat.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 06:59:14 AM »
I've got a feeling this album is going to leak soon with those audio samples being on Amazon.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 09:36:05 PM »
Oh I'm always open to new music, no matter the artist, but especially when hes involved, he can just come with different musical ideas and as a fan of real artists, you really want to see what they come up with. I consider Scotty one of the TRUE artists of our time, so Im excited & HAVE been for a couple of years now about this cd.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 11:11:44 PM »
Now before everyone sends me PM's, I do not have the album. A friend of mine was sent a copy, she has it on her ipod and will not distribute it. She did however let me hear it on the way to an outing in her car. It was indeed 13 songs, just like what is posted on Amazon. If there is a Disc 2 (which she was not aware of) it will be a DVD with the making of, and a couple of DVD exclusive bonus tracks. She did say that if the album sold well, there might be a re-release down the road combining this release with the leftovers, similar to what Jerry Cantrell and Roadrunner did with Degradation Trip. Once again, a way to make more money from people who already paid for the first one. Anyway, I only got to hear it once, was sidetracked a few times while talking to her and directing her in traffic but overrall, the album is okay. It sounds waaaay different than anything he has done. Vocally on a lot of the songs, it doesn't even sound like him. Lyrically, he did a pretty good job. The sound of the record was pretty good and the myspace streams and rips don't do it any justice. A lot of it was pretty weird, out there sort of stuff. I'd have to hear it more to pass on any further judgement. A lot of it seemed messy. Still can't tell you if it's a good messy or bad messy. A lot of different sounds seemed to be going on in the background of all of the songs. Nothing is very rocky... it's mostly experimental beat-boxy type sounding stuff with him crooning over it. The Marlboro Reds he smokes have obviously begun to take their toll. I'm hoping to hook up with her next weekend again and maybe I'll be able to hear it again, with pen and paper in hand to give a better review.
Take it.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 11:50:57 PM »
How did your friend have a copy "sent to her"
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 08:48:16 AM »
Quote from: "Vaporized"
Now before everyone sends me PM's, I do not have the album. A friend of mine was sent a copy, she has it on her ipod and will not distribute it. She did however let me hear it on the way to an outing in her car. It was indeed 13 songs, just like what is posted on Amazon. If there is a Disc 2 (which she was not aware of) it will be a DVD with the making of, and a couple of DVD exclusive bonus tracks. She did say that if the album sold well, there might be a re-release down the road combining this release with the leftovers, similar to what Jerry Cantrell and Roadrunner did with Degradation Trip. Once again, a way to make more money from people who already paid for the first one. Anyway, I only got to hear it once, was sidetracked a few times while talking to her and directing her in traffic but overrall, the album is okay. It sounds waaaay different than anything he has done. Vocally on a lot of the songs, it doesn't even sound like him. Lyrically, he did a pretty good job. The sound of the record was pretty good and the myspace streams and rips don't do it any justice. A lot of it was pretty weird, out there sort of stuff. I'd have to hear it more to pass on any further judgement. A lot of it seemed messy. Still can't tell you if it's a good messy or bad messy. A lot of different sounds seemed to be going on in the background of all of the songs. Nothing is very rocky... it's mostly experimental beat-boxy type sounding stuff with him crooning over it. The Marlboro Reds he smokes have obviously begun to take their toll. I'm hoping to hook up with her next weekend again and maybe I'll be able to hear it again, with pen and paper in hand to give a better review.
Force her to distribute it we need a leak god dammit!  I'll paypal you 20 dollars!

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 01:04:56 PM »
Not happening... even when I asked to hang out again next weekend, she was like...  You're not getting that album." I didn't even ask her for it.
Take it.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 02:26:13 PM »
How did she get it?

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 04:45:04 PM »
I'm thinking a leak will surface very soon.  This album seemingly is getting out everywhere. 

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 05:15:18 PM »
I'm sure a leak will surface soon... be patient. I'm looking forward to hearing it again but having already heard it, I'm not as excited as I was before hearing it. Does that make sense? There are a handful of songs I liked upon first listen. There are a few I felt were garbage. Being a fan for a long time of all of his work, usually made me like EVERYTHING he has done almost immediately upon first listen. This however, did not. I have a feeling more than a few of you may be quite disappointed. That's what my gut is telling me. I know I've been a downer the past few months with the STP reunion and all but I think once people hear it, you'll all see what I've been sort of saying for a while now and that Scott is not the same Scott, regardless of what you want to see and hear. Just because it's Scott or STP does not make something automatically any good. There are a few bright spots but quite a few many more stinkers... The 3 or 4 bright spots were good enough for me to say I'm glad he released another solo disc but yet... there was so much more potential and that's all it was. This album for me was sort of like the Cubs season. Great potential... a good build up and then a collapse.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 05:16:59 PM by Vaporized »
Take it.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 05:22:28 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
I'm thinking a leak will surface very soon.  This album seemingly is getting out everywhere. 

I'm surprised it hasn't, already, really.  Gosh - we had No. 4 almost two months before it came out!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 05:39:38 PM »
HOW DID SHE GET A COPY (3RD TIME)