September 29, 2024, 10:32:57 AM

Author Topic: No Doubt on the record  (Read 5422 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: No Doubt on the record
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 02:09:27 PM »
Quote from: "dada402"
Isn't he teaming up with the members of No Doubt??

You didn't hear?  Yeah, he's the new lead singer of No Doubt.  I heard that he'll be opening with "Spiderwebs" followed by "I'm Just a Girl" on his solo tour.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 08:22:08 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
You didn't hear?  Yeah, he's the new lead singer of No Doubt.  I heard that he'll be opening with "Spiderwebs" followed by "I'm Just a Girl" on his solo tour.

Oooo, does that mean he'll be back in the sparkley dress?  :P

Quote from: "hawk900"
I'm getting the razor blades out!!
Hawk.
Oh stop it you!  Ya know you can't play with those anymore!  ;)

Quote from: "loungefly611"
Unfortunately, I heard this song roughly eight times of day for a month straight when I worked at Old Navy. I used to scream the 'that shit is bananas' line in my deranged munchkin voice. After a while, I did it so much the song became a part of me, and I don't mind it as much as I used too. I've incorporated a few dance moves as well. It's not a great song by any means, but I think people tend to overanalyze songs and do not take them at face value and for what they really are.

As great as a guilty pleasure song it is, it's no Girlfriend.

Oh Jesus!  I can see Scott (our Scott) dancing and belting that out!  haha

Quote from: "DELEO"
Tom, Tony and Adrian have been overlooked  a lot, but they are more than capable musicians for a SW solo album, just listen to Return of Saturn front to back and you'll hear some nice and trippy tunes :).....I'm also glad someone like Weiland took notice.

-Chase

Here!  Here!  Agreed!  Btw, which DeLeo are you?  :P
Tom, Tony and Adrian have been overlooked  a lot, but they are more than capable musicians for a SW solo album, just listen to Return of Saturn front to back and you'll hear some nice and trippy tunes :).....I'm also glad someone like Weiland took notice.

-Chase
[/quote]

Back to Ska...I love it actually.  Some of Gwen's/ND's stuff really grates on my nerves but some I absolutely love!  I would never label them a true "Ska" band.  They were "Ska-ish"...punk ska in the early days.  Along with...Sublime, Reel Big Fish, Mighty Mighty Bosstones had to be the original though.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 08:26:21 PM by Anonymous »
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 03:59:52 AM »
Hahaha I support Rob and Dean, I could never choose 1 over the other.
I'm glad Weilands working with 3/4's of ND.....I wish ND would ditch Gwen and find a new lead singer......male, female whatever they need a new album, tour.......singer :)......her solo albums we're written for 12yo girls and I lost respect for Gwen after hearing the first one and have refused to listen to the 2nd one........At least Weiland hasn't sold out......Hahaha could yall hear a solo "Hip-Hop-Dance" album........."I like cars, cars that go boom" bahahaha

Rock on,
-Chase

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 02:53:29 AM »
Quote from: "CagedTiger"
Does this mean Scott may be performing 'Hella Good' and 'Don't Speak' on his upcoming tour??

It would be fucking RAD to hear Don't Speak.

Jesus.

My mom and my older sister used to listen to Tragic Kingdom back when I was younger, and it was one of the first actual bands that I really listened to.

Then they released Rock Steady and I was like "fuck this band and the music they now write."
Bleeda blooda