September 28, 2024, 06:04:09 PM

Author Topic: Double album?  (Read 23990 times)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Double album?
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2008, 02:01:47 AM »
I've read several recent articles (including the one below) that mentions that the it will be a double album with 19 songs.  Pehaps there is still hope?

http://www.bravewords.com/news/98691
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2008, 01:05:18 PM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
I know, I wrote about that yetserday sweetheart. At least I think it was on this thread.... =) Gosh darn its early... and why am I up?? Grrrr....

I was just confirming things with ya.. can't be crazy if we both saw the same thing.

Quote from: "Chris Pepper"
Double album?  I think we're fortunate to get any new material from Scott right now.  Lets enjoy the new material.  I hope this gets us closer to new STP songs.

Well, following Scott's career/music it's been mentioned quite a few times.  I'll sure as hell enjoy the new material... just know that there's more than 13 tracks, so it'd be nice to be able to "enjoy" them as well.  It's kinda like a DVD... you watch the movie, but people still love all the extras too.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2008, 02:07:26 PM »
First the double album goes away, and now a spot on the record is taken by a Bowie cover?  And ANOTHER release of "Learning to Drive?"  :(  AND the (s)Paz video?  Dammie.  Weiland's nothing but a tease anymore.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2008, 03:14:04 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
First the double album goes away, and now a spot on the record is taken by a Bowie cover?  And ANOTHER release of "Learning to Drive?"  :(  AND the (s)Paz video?  Dammie.  Weiland's nothing but a tease anymore.
You forgot the possible book delay.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2008, 11:19:53 PM »
Quote from: STEAK
I was just confirming things with ya.. can't be crazy if we both saw the same thing.

Ok, just making sure you're not like some idiots who dont read the threads. ;)

xoxox

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2008, 12:45:56 AM »
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=106755

"Grean and Weiland collaborated on nearly every aspect of the album. One of the first songs Grean and Weiland wrote together in 1998 is "Big Black Monster". This track appears on "Happy in Galoshes", and is one of 16 songs on the album that Grean co-wrote, co-produced, engineered and mixed."

Maybe they've only put up some of the songs?
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2008, 04:24:15 AM »
Quote from: "gravedancer"
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=106755

"Grean and Weiland collaborated on nearly every aspect of the album. One of the first songs Grean and Weiland wrote together in 1998 is "Big Black Monster". This track appears on "Happy in Galoshes", and is one of 16 songs on the album that Grean co-wrote, co-produced, engineered and mixed."

Maybe they've only put up some of the songs?

While it is very possible the Amazon listing is incomplete or incorrect, I wouldnt put too much stock in Blabbermouth. 

Cucho

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/voxfantome
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2008, 05:14:01 AM »
Amazon.com is as official as it gets. Hey, who knows maybe we will get something hidden like in the Purple album

about_nothing

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2008, 11:42:06 AM »
Quote from: "Cucho"
Amazon.com is as official as it gets. Hey, who knows maybe we will get something hidden like in the Purple album

i agree bout amazon. altho it is soft of strange that they have put up the tracks already since its still a month or so away from being released. Im glad Fame is on it i think Ashes to Ashes would of been better tho. im not so much feeling the rest of the album, i prefer 12BBs. hopefully it will grow on me
\"You\'re the champion of sorrow. You\'re the love and the pain. You\'re the fighter of evil. Yet yo

brownstonemr

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2008, 01:50:15 PM »
Excited to hear the album in full. Maybe it will be a single album then with the japan or uk release maybe having a couple of bonus tracks and then you have singles with b-sides.

Cucho

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/voxfantome
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2008, 02:15:11 PM »
Does anybody know why the heck Japan CD releases almost always have one or two additional tracks vs US albums?!

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2008, 03:17:30 PM »
Does anybody know why the heck Japan CD releases almost always have one or two additional tracks vs US albums?!
To force people that don't know how to use a bittorrent to spend the extra money for two songs.
 :)

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2008, 03:34:21 PM »
Can't wait to get the album. Hopefully you'll be able to buy it in Denmark
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2008, 12:39:33 AM »

This was explained to me once by those in the know.  If I remember correctly, it had to do with the fact that albums are very expensive by domestic comparison overseas.  It is cheaper for them to buy them imported from the US, and so there is an extra incentive built in to encourage their purchase domestically.

Of course, I binge drink sometimes, so I might have killed enough brain cells in my life to have remembered this incorrectly.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »
Looks like it's still a two disc CD

From Scott's Myspace blog

For all you Stone Temple Pilot or Velvet Revolver fans out there, frontman Scott Weiland is coming out with a NEW album November 28 2008.
His new single, 'Paralysis' is available at http://www. myspace. com/scottweiland and was co-written by the members of No Doubt and Doug Grean. Sheryl Crow and Crystal Method are also featured on this two disc cd. He is following up on his album with a South American tour.
Check it out!