September 19, 2024, 04:30:58 PM

Author Topic: Scott touring for Happy in Galoshes?  (Read 11126 times)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Scott Weiland's second solo album
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 01:12:50 PM »
Well it all depends on sales……..what if the album spawns some top ten singles? (unlikely, I know)   If the album quickly disappears from the charts, I could see him promoting it for a month or two.  But if it starts selling, he may be on the road for some time, which will obviously affect STP recording another album. 
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

keith82

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 08:10:32 PM »
Quote from: "pj88"

He could possibly tour. Maybe something like Eddie Vedder just wrapped up. From what I have read, it was a pretty good success. If Vedder could pull it off, Scott definitely could. I'd love to see it.

The Ed tour was completely different from what Scott would do. It was just Ed playing either guitar, mandolin, or uke (until the end when opener Neil Finn joined him on drums). Scott would have some sort of group behind him. I guess we'll have to wait and hear what the album sounds like though.

veeno

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 09:42:23 PM »
Yeah, Scott doesn't strike me as the 'solo' type to just play a show on his own with no band.  Although he does play instruments on 12 Bar Blues he has said that he is a pretty awful guitar player.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 10:05:56 AM »
This is great!  Double Album... and under his own label!!! 

I could see him touring small clubs, and making the rounds on tv and radio.  It'll probably be better than some arena shows since it won't be a bunch of douchebags getting trashed and moshing and being retarded throughout the whole set.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 05:37:25 AM »
hard to tell becuase they keep ADDING dates every week, who KNOWS when its going to end!!! the man has got to rest sometime ya know?? and is he going to do a SOLO TOUR?? thats what I wanna know!!!

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 10:15:54 PM »
I hope to god he takes alittle time off, I'm not seeing that happening but I think Scotty will need it..  I gotta see the boy solo though :)
"I\'ve been suicidal since God I don\'t know when, so get down on your knees say a prayer say amen.

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 10:19:21 PM »
IM DYING to see him solo!! He seems to do some really creative music solo. Material tht just doesnt fit in for STP... I dig it! He can do anything. I missed the 1st solo tour, actualy he got busted before I think he came here for it. But I'm gonna travel to see it if I can!! See as much as I can cram in.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 09:21:09 PM »
he was busted June 1st...early morning of June 2nd (my Birthday) in the Lower East Side of Manhattan which canceled the Irving Plaza Show...on my Birthday....

I'm owed something on my Birthday...
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 09:35:24 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
he was busted June 1st...early morning of June 2nd (my Birthday) in the Lower East Side of Manhattan which canceled the Irving Plaza Show...on my Birthday....

Awwwe.  Yes, you do!  Someone needs to spread the word to Weiland's peeps.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 09:38:23 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"

Good luck with that! I have had 2 lack luster performances in a row in the past 10mos... I haven't gotten anything yet.  lol.. that sounds bad though, I got to see and listen to the boys. Though i'm not sure he was really there.. oh well.. ALWAYS next time :)
"I\'ve been suicidal since God I don\'t know when, so get down on your knees say a prayer say amen.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 09:40:38 PM »
I'll be at jones beach tonight....
I'll make sure I mention June 2nd 100 times :-p

Could you imagine...I wake up..ahhhhhhhh today is my BIRTHDAY!...Scott at Irving Plaza....life is good....the birds are singing....the sun is shining....
turn on "Good Day NY" only to see Scott being led out of the precinct in handcuffs....

Bad Bad Birthday.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 09:45:14 PM »
that would be terrible... I was lucky enough this past bday to not only see him, but he sang on top of me durring Creep & I got stomped on, so I got a bruise from him for a gift...

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 09:51:29 PM »
if ur getting stomped during creep what happened when they actually rocked out ... and how short are you?

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 09:52:26 PM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
that would be terrible... I was lucky enough this past bday to not only see him, but he sang on top of me durring Creep & I got stomped on, so I got a bruise from him for a gift...

I caught a FULL waterbottle that Scotty tossed into the crowd.  With my forehead.  I had an egg-shaped lump (that eventually turned green, then yellow, then brown) for quite some time.  Sick as it sounds, I was sad to see it go.  So I get where you're coming from.  We're sick.  Freaks.  lol.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 09:55:15 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
I caught a FULL waterbottle that Scotty tossed into the crowd.  With my forehead.  I had an egg-shaped lump (that eventually turned green, then yellow, then brown) for quite some time.  Sick as it sounds, I was sad to see it go.  So I get where you're coming from.  We're sick.  Freaks.  lol.

OMG it was AWESOME!! I took pix of it and everthing... put them on my mysapce page, hahahaha!!!! I was sad to see it go too. I wanted to hit it to see if it stayed longer, LOL!!!