September 18, 2024, 11:31:00 PM

Author Topic: Scott/STP get ripped a new one  (Read 10514 times)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Scott/STP get ripped a new one
« on: September 17, 2010, 04:01:17 PM »
Check out this clown comments and Scott friend coming to his aid.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2010/09/scott_weilands_publicist_and_g.php
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 04:48:35 PM by DankoJones »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott/STP get ripped a new one
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 04:37:44 PM »
link doesnt work for me
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 04:49:04 PM »
Yeah, I f'd up, it wroks now
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

AFH

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stonedatpompeii/
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 05:10:33 PM »
that fucking article pissed me off, that's just bad taste

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 05:40:46 PM »
Cizmar wanted a reaction - that was not funny in the slightest - lets see if he'd tolerate that things said to him!
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 05:57:25 PM »
Once again...Martin "Crackhead" Cizmar demonstrates his incredible stupidity.

Yes, Weiland auctioned many of his personal items to help support his late brothers family. This is not an act of a "piece of trash", rather a generous and heartfelt gesture.

SW does not lip-synch. Stop saying he does...it won't get you a promotion, only ruin your already worthless reputation - perhaps OMG is hiring.

Patriotism is never "cheesy", and only someone who has never served the greater good can even say such a thing. Lace up the boots and grab a rifle...otherwise STFU.

I'm sorry you can't appreciate STP's "Tiny Music". Nonetheless, this does not mean you should wish "OD'ing" on a person.

Maybe next time SW is in the Phoenix area, you'll simply report on his great new album - his new rockin' clothing line, and the opportunity to meet the legend himself...instead of turning it into your own personal vendetta. I know it'll be difficult for you, but try to be a professional.
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 06:20:29 PM »
This dude is a fucking douche. And he obviously isn't doing anything with his life other then writing about other famous people. And would just assume to write nasty EVIL things about someone to get some publicity then write something nice. You don't have to kiss someones ass, but you don't have to write such mean spirited things about them either.

Dude is an dicklicker. And I gladly would cut him with a spoon (cuz it'll hurt more!) Any day of the week!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 06:55:50 PM »
Did anyone else feel like Einstein after reading that and some of the comments? I swear I felt superior, way too superior.

This quote of him is perfect for this
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 07:20:59 PM »
Dude is an dicklicker. And I gladly would cut him with a spoon (cuz it'll hurt more!) Any day of the week!

You are officially back.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 07:39:48 PM »

You are officially back.

Yes. Yes I am. Hahahaha!!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 08:37:39 PM »
I think the comments are pissing me off more than the actual piece itself.. I hate when people think their opinion is the only thing that matters
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 08:43:15 PM »

You are officially back.

Yes. Yes I am. Hahahaha!!
LMAO.  Welcome back. 

Its all the part of the biz.  The guy is a shock-reporter.  Look at his other work.  I'd be curious who he thinks is real "rock and roll".  I'd venture a guess he believes that the MGMTs and Phoenix's of the world.  Typical indie wanna-be reviewer.  I enjoy how he invokes a tiny music reference from one source.  Nevermind the countless other credible sources that love Tiny Music, and the newest CD, which debuted #2 and had a first single at #1 on the radio for a number of weeks.  He chooses to only air the information that helps him, and doesnt tell the full picture.  Typical poor journalism.   

We all have to pay the piper some day.  Let him wallow in his own self loathing.  Scott is inspiring fans and musicians alike and has for his entire career.  He's just your typical chip-on-the shoulder journalist that didnt make it.  Fuck him.

He's certainly entitled to his opinions but presenting half a story is just plain poor journalism.  Might as well be a politician.  No integrity here. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 08:51:47 PM by Aaron »

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 08:54:16 PM »
Thanks I've missed you guys.

Dude is a loser & this is the only way anybody gives his writing (and I use that term as a joke) any kind of attention.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:11:13 PM by weilandfan »

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 09:01:59 PM »
I read a few of his other articles.  This guy is just hate-filled.  Here was my reply to his clothing line auction article:

"Either present opinions or present news.  You seem to be lost in the world of poor-journalism.  Or perhaps you are a former shock-jock radio DJ, since your tactics are identical.  Either way, you're clearly a miserable person devoid of love and compassion.

Very classy of you to refer to a human being as a "noted-junky".  Not everyone can grow up in a perfect little suburbia bubble like you apparently did.  Drug and alcohol abuse affects a lot of people (not just rock stars) and is a recognized medical condition.  Are you going to be mocking shell-shocked veterans tomorrow?  Grow up! 

Yes, Weiland's struggles are well documented, mostly by journalists that were in the working world while you were still in junior high.  Weiland's struggles arent something to mock or poke fun at (especially considering he is now a father of two and off the illicits).  All that does is discredit you and show what poor taste you, and by extension, this media outlet, have when it comes to treating your fellow human beings like human beings.  "
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:04:40 PM by Aaron »

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 03:35:58 AM »
^^  Right on!!  And well written..

I guarantee this guy only did this to spark this debate
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫