October 04, 2024, 03:19:57 AM

Author Topic: Saddest STP Song?  (Read 20316 times)

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
Re: Saddest STP Song?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 03:45:57 PM »
2) Adhesive - definitely - I love the trumpet part at the end

Hell yes. That's my favorite part.
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 03:55:39 PM »
I def agree with seven caged tigers, I know it's not STP but arch angel is sad too
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 04:00:21 PM »
Arch Angel is my personal fave. Even thought the question was pertaining to STP songs. And Be Not Affraid, because of him singing it at Michael's funeral. Hearing him do that one live is amazing.

stewdog1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
The Man I Didn't Know is right up there for me.  It is a very emotional song.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 04:37:15 PM »
I would say Kitchenware & Candy Bars is probably their saddest song.

Oh and "Hello, It's Late." Its a great song but there have been plenty of times where that song has put me in a really bummed out mood
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 05:43:55 PM »
Creep or Atlanta - you can hear the voice quiver in the latter if you have headphones on and rack up the song loud.

I still think the Storytellers live version of Atlanta sounds haunting
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 06:48:56 PM »
Plus all above mentioned:
STP - I got you... probably Pretty Penny and Bi-Polar Bear too.

Non-STP Sentimental Halos, Messages, Loving the alien, Barbarella, Where's the man
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 07:42:34 PM »
Atlanta for me.
I had the midwife naked and alone

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 07:49:14 PM »
For STP I'd say "Kitchenware & Candybars" because you can really feel the emotion on that last chorus after the guitar solo.

As for Scott's other material, definitely "Barbarella".

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 08:20:01 PM »
For STP I'd say "Kitchenware & Candybars" because you can really feel the emotion on that last chorus after the guitar solo.

I almost forgot about that one! Yeah, I agree with K&C being their saddest. Not just the vocal part, but the guitars also have that feeling of desperation to them.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 08:30:39 PM »
hmmm...whenever I've listened to STP bummed out, I usually pick "Adhesive" or "Hello It's Late." For Scott's solo career, I'd say "I Know It's Too Late."
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 08:39:20 PM »
Arch Angel is my personal fave. Even thought the question was pertaining to STP songs. And Be Not Affraid, because of him singing it at Michael's funeral. Hearing him do that one live is amazing.
I have never been a fan of be not afraid, but knowing what it means to him and hearing him sing it live would def change my mind for sure
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 10:11:12 PM »
I have never been a fan of be not afraid, but knowing what it means to him and hearing him sing it live would def change my mind for sure

Me either. But knowing how much itt means to him, makes it special. When he sang it I was shocked because of the reasons under which he chose to record it. Was very strange hearing it in a night club full of drunk assholes that wanted him to shut up so they could continue to dance & get drunk. Guess he felt like performing it for some odd reason that nigght. I think I was the only one in the club who even cared.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 01:24:37 AM »
Not an STP song, or even an actual Weiland song, but VR's cover of Wish You Were Here always gives me chills. Particularly because Weiland dedicated it to Michael after his death.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2010, 03:32:49 AM »
That was  VR concert staple for sure!!  Wish you were here made it onto almost every cd I burned after that LOL