September 20, 2024, 03:35:06 AM

Author Topic: 2010-10-27- Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl  (Read 9093 times)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
2010-10-27- Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl
« on: September 15, 2010, 04:17:06 AM »
Just got it from STP mail. Presale starts tomorrow. You all got the mail too anyway ;D

"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-10-27- Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 07:20:49 AM »
Thank you for posting this, Shangri.

I am 100% going to this.   ;)

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 02:54:35 AM »
Just got my ticket for the pit.  8) Can't wait to hear the new songs and the new set list that they have been doing recently. 

Chewals

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 11:27:42 PM »
...bump...

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 12:01:22 AM »
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS OF ANYONE WHO'S GOING TO THIS SHOW TONIGHT!!!!!!!!

I wanna be there for his birthday show!!!! *throws fit like a 3 year old*

stpfan31

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 12:11:50 AM »
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS OF ANYONE WHO'S GOING TO THIS SHOW TONIGHT!!!!!!!!

i never thought of that haha. that would be an awesome show to go to for sure. maybe they'll pull out somethin special

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 12:30:40 AM »
Ok, I'm getting ready to leave in about an hour.   Wow, I didn't know it was his birthday today.  I'll be sure to scream "Happy Birthday Scott!"  from the pit. 

I'm so excited for tonight.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 12:42:40 AM »

i never thought of that haha. that would be an awesome show to go to for sure. maybe they'll pull out somethin special

I have always wanted to be there on his bday. But oh well. Maybe one day I'll be that lucky. I'm sure they'll sing happy birthday to him like they always do when the boys have to be on tour durring one of their bdays.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 12:52:42 AM »
Hope everyone has a rocking time....Santa Barbara is a groovy place.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 07:54:59 AM »
I'm back from the show!   I was about four rows away from the stage, on  Dean's side!   It was a really good time, and a laid back vibe.   Scott  was in a great mood, and the crowd was really into it too.  I thought  Scott looked really cool too, and he was wearing a suit.  It's hard to  hear the vocals when you are that close, so I couldn't hear  Scott all that well.   It was worth it to be that close, though, and I  could still hear the band great.   I think it was after "Down" when Rob  announced that it was Scott's Birthday.  They brought out a cake with  candles and we all sang Happy Birthday.  The birthday thing was great  because it was like a moment of victory for Scott and all the STP fans,  that is what I felt, at least.  Then I think Scott stuck a big piece of  cake in Dean's mouth and Eric had a bunch of cake in his mouth too  ;D  Even before that,  the crowd sang Happy Birthday in between a song.    Also me and this guy yelled out "Happy Birthday Scott", first, and  Scott heard and said "Thank you, for the Happy Birthday."   Rob was funny cuz then they went into "Dead and Bloated" and he said something  like "this is a funny song to play after Happy Birthday." lol

It was  basically the same setlist...we got Still Remains, but no Pretty Penny  and the new songs were BTL, Hickory, Cinnamon, and Huckleberry.    Heaven and Hot Rods was so cool to hear live...a definite highlight.    And it was so cool to hear a different setlist from when I saw them  here 2 years ago.  I thought this time was just as good.  Also, I sparked up a J during Big Empty, and I had a couple beers at the show  ;) I saved a beer for the first 3 STP songs and it was great.   

Here are two pictures that I got with  my camera phone.  They came out OK because I was pretty close, they look better in a larger size. I hope some other people who went will share their reviews too!  Sorry, I couldn't get any decent pics of the B-day cake.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:10:53 AM by Casual »

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 01:43:02 PM »
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 07:06:48 PM »
Here's a review courtesy of DORI

STP had two opening acts at the show, JetStream (a much harder, louder version of the Jonas Bros, but very, very good) and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. BRMC opened for them on their reunion tour, and I wasn’t overly thrilled with them. This time, they were much better.

How was STP??? Plain and simple, they looked great! Scott was in top shape and quite talkative, which was great to see. When he was singing, it was a little hard to hear him for whatever reason. I don’t know if the music over-powered his voice. I was able to hear him on Down a little bit, and he sounded great! I was right in front of Dean, who totally kicked ass, and looked like he was enjoying himself immensely!

The set list was amazing as well; my personal favorites being Huckleberry Crumble, Down and Big Empty. The reviews I’ve read on here from past shows have been praising SupermanSilverGun, but it wasn’t one of the highlights for me, honestly. The only musical disappointments were leaving out Big Baby, Lady Picture Show.

Lastly, during the encore, Robert announced that it was his birthday. Someone brought him out a cake, and Robert led everyone in singing Happy Birthday. Afterwards, Scott took some of the cake and spread on Dean, Robert’s nose! Eric seemed like he was home free, but Scott went up to him and put some cake on his nose too. It was pretty funny! Then they performed Dead and Bloated. All in all, it was a great show, and I am so proud of Scott!
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 07:31:12 PM »
VegasCrackerman - Off the topic, but do you know if the song Robert is playing for you in your Avatar is on the new album?  I believe you said it was a rocker, without vocals.  Thanks :)
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Gas N a Dollar Laugh

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • my facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 08:10:10 PM »
just sharing pictures i took from last night's show. good show. I've seen better from them and I've seen worse. It was fun though.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 09:06:44 PM by Gas N a Dollar Laugh »

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 08:17:03 PM »
wow, those ^^^ are fucking awesome pictures! did you take them??
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007