October 04, 2024, 04:20:41 AM

Author Topic: [YouTube] Scott Weiland- Alan Cross interview  (Read 7277 times)

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 02:26:03 AM by Ivy »

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
Re: Alan Cross chats with Scott Weiland
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 04:56:56 AM »
This interview is kind of painful to me.  Scott just does not seem all there.  Is this him or is he under the influence of something? I can't remember the last interview where he seemed all there.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 05:22:25 AM »
that was BRUTAL

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 05:44:20 AM »
Jesus christ, that was awful. I enjoy listening to Weiland chat about his own stuff, but this was hard to swallow. I'm surprised this wasn't chopped up and edited and turned into audio-only.
Back for another one

cheapsurprise

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 05:51:24 AM »
That was horrible. Just a thought, do you think Scott's going to rejoin Velvet Revolver after STP finishes touring this album? It looks like Slash has forgiven him and he says he's texting Matt now. He also said the band never had to break up. Slash will be touring his album till January, and it looks like STP will wrap up this tour early on next year. They've been looking for a singer for 2 years and i just get the feeling that Scott would go back to them if he gets at all tired with the current situation. I guess we'll see. Either way, that was a terrible interview. I don't know what his issue is. Maybe painkillers or something, that's what it sounds like.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 06:02:09 AM »
That was horrible. Just a thought, do you think Scott's going to rejoin Velvet Revolver after STP finishes touring this album? It looks like Slash has forgiven him and he says he's texting Matt now. He also said the band never had to break up. Slash will be touring his album till January, and it looks like STP will wrap up this tour early on next year. They've been looking for a singer for 2 years and i just get the feeling that Scott would go back to them if he gets at all tired with the current situation. I guess we'll see. Either way, that was a terrible interview. I don't know what his issue is. Maybe painkillers or something, that's what it sounds like.

Even if they're getting along okay now, there's too much baggage for it to work.  I just don't think Slash, Duff, and Matt want to work with Scott.  Slash has even said he's able to get along with Scott better now since they're not in a band.  Scott also seems very happy in STP.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 06:32:26 AM »
kinda sad.

born2boogie

• *Happy Dancer*
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Keep Smiling ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Weiland Fans Online
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 09:19:19 AM »
Oooooooooooooh LOVED the twist on the fashion show I WANT that black jacket with the red embroidery and the trousers with the brasses and the shirts oh my god.. drools   

not watched the others yet but I so was exited I had to post what I was thinking lol

P.S also loved Scott blues shoes  ;D   8)
Why surrender this way I feel so raped just like an open book that no one wants to read. Don't turn away.. :'(

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 02:46:27 PM »
Scott has never been the most engaging interviewee. He's always says um and pauses in his interviews. That doesn't mean he's on drugs. I think if a lot of us were watched when answering questions, we might sound similar.

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 03:04:50 PM »
I definitely don't ever sound like that unless I've had a few, and there's no point in trying to sugarcoat it, he had definitely had a few beverages before doing that interview. No doubt about that. But at this point in time, isn't that just kind of accepted within this community now? No need to start a debate whether he was sober or not. Sometimes Scott will be sober, other times he won't.
Karma schmarma.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 03:13:31 PM »
I actually don't think it was that bad. He's definitely on something, though, because his speech is pretty slurred and slow. It's either bi-polar meds, liquor, or more likely pain killer meds. Either way, he's on something. He's operating at 2 miles per hour. But anyway, I think he looks ok and sounds ok. It's much better than what I expected reading your comments first. And I think he sounds better than he did in 2008.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 03:23:19 PM »
If that's the way Scott talked when he was 100% sober, then I'd be super worried. But it's obvious he's not sober in this interview, which sucks cuz I would like Scott to be 100% sober, but I've learned over the years to never wish or expect that to happen anymore. Just like the boys in STP say, Scott will be Scott. Aslong as he appears to be happy and continues to compose and perform amazing music, that's all I care about. No matter what Scott does in his own time, he will remain my favorite musician...unless he does an album with Timbaland.  ;)
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 03:56:50 PM »
he will remain my favorite musician...unless he does an album with Timbaland.  ;)

hahah! if that happens I'll crawl under a rock and never return!
I had the midwife naked and alone

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 06:36:22 PM »
I was thinking along the lines that his brain is just extremely messed up from all the shit he used to do.
Back for another one

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 06:46:55 PM »
I was thinking along the lines that his brain is just extremely messed up from all the shit he used to do.

Agreed!
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun