September 18, 2024, 11:44:35 PM

Author Topic: 1993-11-17 - New York, NY - MTV Unplugged  (Read 26665 times)

Anonymous

Re: STP unplugged
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 11:54:28 PM »
Good Question

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 05:16:47 AM »
It has never been released on cd/dvd. Only bootlegs exist.

From Belowempty's Concert Cronology:
Date: November 17, 1993
City: New York, NY
Venue: Sony Music Studios
Additional Info: MTV Unplugged

SET LIST:

* Crackerman
    * Creep
    * Andy Warhol
    * Plush
    * Big Empty
    * No Memory / Sin
    * Wicked Garden
    * Sex Type Thing

From Belowempty's FAQ:
Q: I heard several people talking about this recording of 'Sin' from MTV Unplugged. Where can I find it?

Sin from MTV Unplugged must be one of the most sought-after Stone Temple Pilots recordings ever. Over the years many people claimed to have it, but upon further inspection I always found that they actually have the recording of No Memory and Sin from a performance at the Reading Festival (August 29, 1993) in the U.K. That performance is not even close to 'unplugged'. It's the fourth track on the european 'Sex Type Thing - Part 1' single.

Now what's up with the 'real' Sin from MTV Unplugged? Well, I can only tell you this: Back in the winter of '98/'99, Eric Walker and I were planning on making a special 'theme' page for Below Empty about the MTV Unplugged performance, after we got in contact with a reliable source who worked for MTV and had access to the archives. But guess what? Sin wasn't on the tapes there. Big Empty was there, so was Andy Warhol, the other song edited from the original broadcast.

After some more research we were told that there were DAT errors with the audio recording of Sin. This was only discovered after the show, and so the band didn't do a second take or something like that.

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2007, 07:30:06 AM »
i was wondering why i couldnt find it....

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 06:32:14 PM »
Well they only played eight songs, and one had audio problems (Sin), so they wasn't much of a performance to release.  But STP has ALWAYS been very reluctant to release anything...........I am still surprised they didn't release a CD/DVD combo of their VH1 storytellers show......especially when so many other artists have done so .
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

NoMemory_Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2007, 04:22:52 AM »
but why that song??? it' could've been plush or creep... :'(
CORPORATE MEDIA STILL SUCK

craziak

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2007, 08:09:47 PM »
does anyone have a copy of sex type thing from the unplugged session?  i've heard it, but can't seem to find it anywhere.....also, i saw that sin was gone, but does anyone have no memory?

thanks a million

zoe1271

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2007, 03:01:53 PM »
So according to the FAQ is there an upgrade of this show available?  I have the standard bootleg source, but would love to hear the DAT SBD version.  Here's my (out-of-date) trade list: http://www.geocities.com/zoe1271/bootlist.html

I'd trade several boots or original radio shows to hear this!

-Mike
zoe1271@msn.com

FelixKönich

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Mtv Unplugged
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 07:05:49 PM »
it was the second best uplugged concert ever. only nirvana was better! but the band was great i have the creep version on my mp3 player

24STP24

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2008, 04:10:40 PM »
Alice in Chains Unplugged was unbelievably good. Also, I love Nirvana's covers of the Meat Puppets' songs on their Unplugged album.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2008, 04:36:20 PM »
Quote from: "24STP24"
Alice in Chains Unplugged was unbelievably good.

Except for when Layne removed his shades - that was one of the most depressing sights I've ever seen.

24STP24

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2008, 05:09:22 PM »
Quote from: "Stop That Pigeon"
Except for when Layne removed his shades - that was one of the most depressing sights I've ever seen.

I have never seen the video, only heard the recording. Maybe I need to look on youtube...

PhoenixFiles

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 05:28:59 PM »
Quote from: "24STP24"
Alice in Chains Unplugged was unbelievably good. Also, I love Nirvana's covers of the Meat Puppets' songs on their Unplugged album.

I agree.  One of the best thing about that early nineties era was that so many of those bands gave us acoustic versions of so many awesome songs.
We have art in order not to die of the truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

24STP24

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2008, 05:30:19 PM »
Quote from: "PhoenixFiles"
I agree.  One of the best thing about that early nineties era was that so many of those bands gave us acoustic versions of so many awesome songs.

Absolutely. I miss those days. That's my favorite music era.

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
stp unplugged
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2008, 03:26:22 AM »
what did you think of it?

i really liked sex type thing and didnt really see a point to doing creep. they didnt really change it that much
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

Desperation #5

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: stp unplugged
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2008, 03:36:17 AM »
I thought unplugged was great.  Sex Type Thing, Wicked Garden and Crackerman were amazing.  I wish they would've put the whole show on the Thank You dvd.  They should've put some Storytellers on there too.