September 19, 2024, 10:15:42 PM

Author Topic: 1993-11-17 - New York, NY - MTV Unplugged  (Read 26679 times)

Hoodstock

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: stp unplugged
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2008, 03:50:56 PM »
I thought they were short changed by not recieving more time to perform.  Also, wasn't a huge fan of the rocking chair.
Hoodstock

erichoholic2k1

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
"Unplugged" on CD?
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2008, 11:53:20 PM »
I recently became re-obsessed with STP's "Unplugged" performance, and decided to try and get all of the songs in CD quality.

So far, I got "Andy Warhol" & "Crackerman" from the "Vasoline" CD single, and "Sex Type Thing" from the "Plush" CD single. I also have "Wicked Garden" from the "Thank You" DVD.

I know there's a torrent floating around that has all of the tracks, and I have a "DVD Quality" video, but do any of the "Unplugged" tracks appear on CD singles or DVD's that I haven't found yet?

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: "Unplugged" on CD?
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2008, 12:18:48 AM »
i bought one off ebay last year sounds great
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

live2cd

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2008, 04:57:12 AM »
I bought the "Motor Oil" bootleg back in the mid 90s, and the sound quality is phenomenal. It is missing "Big Empty" & "Andy Warhol" (Hell, I didn't even know they did that one at Mtv)...
-Dewey

erichoholic2k1

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2008, 11:02:52 PM »
I stand corrected, having received "Plush" in the mail today. I guess "Sex Type Thing (Swing Version)" is a studio recording, not from "Unplugged."

So, the revised question is, Are any of the Unplugged tracks available anywhere besides the "Vasoline" single?

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2008, 02:34:20 PM »
Quote from: "erichoholic2k1"
I stand corrected, having received "Plush" in the mail today. I guess "Sex Type Thing (Swing Version)" is a studio recording, not from "Unplugged."

So, the revised question is, Are any of the Unplugged tracks available anywhere besides the "Vasoline" single?

On official releases, no
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

stpnj2008

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2008, 02:56:52 AM »
I just found a complete torrent, sound quality is alot better than I expected. Unplugged has always been one of my favorite performances

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2008, 03:04:28 AM »
i know atlanta sounds like the cd thats how awesome scott is
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

erichoholic2k1

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2008, 11:47:44 PM »
I have a couple different "STP Unplugged" collections downloaded, so I assume I have what's out there (the Unplugged/Storytellers/etc collection).

Oh well. Even if they haven't officially released the "Unplugged" set, it was a nice surprise to come across the studio "swing" version of "Sex Type Thing. Never knew it existed!

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2008, 06:26:14 PM »
yeah its hard to get your hands on all of them. but where can i even find some of these cd singles?
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2008, 06:31:56 PM »
i think they should redo it. thats all there is to it haha. i would pay good money for that rocking chair.
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

dskpilots

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2008, 05:21:19 PM »
That would be great if they were to do a full complete acoustic set.  Definitely out of the ordinary and would be great to include some of the newer tunes.  That could really get interesting.

SacriNoire

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2008, 07:24:44 AM »
I like STP's unplugged very much. Interesting set list (and I hope to hear "Sin") And awesome version of "Wicked Garden" and they first play "Big Empty"... Maybe MTV will produce official complete video.
We grew writh the speed of light
But crashed in the night

So hold on to something still...

erichoholic2k1

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2008, 12:07:58 AM »
If STP were to "redo" the Unplugged performance, or update it with a new acoustic show, I'd hope they wouldn't go with the obvious tunes ("Creep", "Big Empty"). The highlights of the original "Unplugged" were the re-worked versions of "Sex Type Thing" and "Wicked Garden", in my opinion.

adhesive-love

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2008, 12:16:53 AM »
Quote from: "Jeremy"
I like STP's unplugged but I don't think it's amazing or anything. It's a basic unplugged; They go in there, play the "hits", a cover, and one or two other songs. The performance of Big Empty though was awesome, and I enjoyed Creep unplugged a lot.

Best Unplugged ever? Nirvana. Easy.

~Jeremy~

Wrong.

Alice in Chains
I know I want what\'s on my mind.