September 29, 2024, 01:16:36 AM

Author Topic: Soundgarden members trash Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 28881 times)

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
Re: Soundgarden members trash Stone Temple Pilots
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 01:17:27 AM »
First, my tweet:

And then, his response :

He is such a little boy who takes too seriously a comment from a stranger like me on twitter... so, at least we know that his issues with scott are not done yet! lol!
Follow me on twitter btw @Javierk812
Seems like you left me when you broke down

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 01:40:09 AM »
First, my tweet:

And then, his response :

He is such a little boy who takes too seriously a comment from a stranger like me on twitter... so, at least we know that his issues with scott are not done yet! lol!

HAHAHAHA. I love it. I think everybody should post that on their Twitter. Make it a trending topic or whatever.
Bleeda blooda

Chewals

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 01:46:36 AM »
Oh man, I laughed so hard at those pics. :D

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 02:01:36 AM »
Cornell is absolutely right. The next generation and every generation after should know who Soundgarden is. They're THAT fucking good. As to which STP member that started the fight, it's gotta be Scott. Or Dean. I can't see Rob or Eric starting anything.

And Soundgarden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pearl Jam
Back for another one

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 02:36:11 AM »
Kim recalling a memory is not "trashing", and it seemed to have had a happy ending anyway, so no beef there. And Matt can like or dislike whoever he wants...doesn't make him a bad guy. I haven't read the whole article, but so far I don't see any inflammatory statements, at least not to my standards.

Can't we all just get along? :)
Karma schmarma.

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 03:50:42 AM »
The fact that he's even bringing-up that STP story and any discontent does not speak well. It's almost like there's much else to say besides "STP is obviously together for money...unlike us" and "we totally own all other Seattle grunge bands." All I'm seeing is what seems to be some hollow inflated egotism, along with the bashing of other bands. To me it sounds along the lines of "STP is sooo back together for the money, and we're so totally not."

For him to be in his 40s and talking about a reunion with bashing other bands and bragging about discovery (that hasn't even been "discovered" yet)...eh, it just doesn't rub off at me well. Almost seems somewhat insecure...may not be, but still might be. Maybe it's just me.

@ Unglued812 - those picture are hilarious. We all know the internet is where you can always find an intellectual, well thought-out debate.
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 03:53:02 AM »
I remember back in the 90s Rob commented that the first time him and Dean met the members of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam that they were complete dicks to them.  Something to the effect of him and Dean walking up to them to say hello and they just gave them a dirty look and walked off.

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 04:24:05 AM »
You know what i think? Soundgarden guys are just jealous that stp is back with brand new album and touring :)

Im also thinking right now: Chris Cornell got involved with... Timbaland?
Scott made up 2 albums with Velvet Revolver and the amazing happy in galoshes... so, yeah i guess these guys are pretty jealous !

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 05:54:22 AM »
As much as i love STP more than soundgarden.... i mean..... Soundgarden's show at the vic before lolla this year.... i was in attendance..... It fucking rocked my world..... more than any STP show did.... and that's not saying STP sucks live or anything quite to the contrary STP is fucking incredible live.... but so was Soundgarden just saying. They are the shit. That being said though, this little twitter thing is pretty fucking childish, but what can you do about it? not much. Also, it won't be long til Chris Cornell gets enough money from this reunion to go back into his shitty solo career.

Won't lie one of the funniest things i've ever seen was a tweet from Trent Reznor "You know that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly YOU feel uncomfortable? Heard Chris Cornell's record? Jesus." hahahaha i lost it when i read that.

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 06:24:59 AM »
As much as i love STP more than soundgarden.... i mean..... Soundgarden's show at the vic before lolla this year.... i was in attendance..... It fucking rocked my world..... more than any STP show did.... and that's not saying STP sucks live or anything quite to the contrary STP is fucking incredible live.... but so was Soundgarden just saying. They are the shit. That being said though, this little twitter thing is pretty fucking childish, but what can you do about it? not much. Also, it won't be long til Chris Cornell gets enough money from this reunion to go back into his shitty solo career.

Won't lie one of the funniest things i've ever seen was a tweet from Trent Reznor "You know that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly YOU feel uncomfortable? Heard Chris Cornell's record? Jesus." hahahaha i lost it when i read that.

Just SAD! SG should focus on watever ep they must be workin on instead of spurring publicity and the grunge days-edness :P My God!!! Cornell's got great range but couldn move to Audioslave lol!!!! Scott gives it everythin on stage and the new album's awesome, so STP's good. SG'll probably do anythin for publicity at this stage. They were one of the last bands to reunite.. Focus on the EP they must and talk once the ep's out... Eclectic haha :D Theyre good, but STP has Eclecticism covered :D

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010, 06:28:07 AM »
I tweeted yesterday: "@MattSorum can suck @TheScottWeiland dick any time ;) "
And well, matt send me a DM in response: "F@++++K U"
I couldnt stop laughing for 20 minutes! hahahaha

Yeah okay, while I hate to further send this thread off track, I gotta ask:

So what does Matt Sorum have to do with Soundgarden?  For the record, the "Matt" in Soundgarden is Matt Cameron not Matt Sorum.  Two very different people with two very different careers.

Only person I see acting like a little boy here is you.  You attacked Sorum unprovoked and he said "Fuck you" basically.  I would have done the same. 

While I am no major Sorum fan (mostly indifferent on him, but I am obviously in the SW camp) I see no reason to stir the pot with the man, especially so long after the SW vs Sorum controversy.  That was so 2008.

Just because they are celebrities, doesnt mean they arent people.  They dont deserve to be told to "suck a dick" or whatever.  Grow up. 

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2010, 06:42:05 AM »
I tweeted yesterday: "@MattSorum can suck @TheScottWeiland dick any time ;) "
And well, matt send me a DM in response: "F@++++K U"
I couldnt stop laughing for 20 minutes! hahahaha

Yeah okay, while I hate to further send this thread off track, I gotta ask:

So what does Matt Sorum have to do with Soundgarden?  For the record, the "Matt" in Soundgarden is Matt Cameron not Matt Sorum.  Two very different people with two very different careers.

Only person I see acting like a little boy here is you.  You attacked Sorum unprovoked and he said "Fuck you" basically.  I would have done the same. 

While I am no major Sorum fan (mostly indifferent on him, but I am obviously in the SW camp) I see no reason to stir the pot with the man, especially so long after the SW vs Sorum controversy.  That was so 2008.

Just because they are celebrities, doesnt mean they arent people.  They dont deserve to be told to "suck a dick" or whatever.  Grow up. 

I know you smited me because of that, but you know what? ill applaud you. Because you are totally right.

And i posted the matt sorum tweets because of the topic... matt sorum seems to still have problems with scott and since the topic here is SG bashing stp....

As far as i know, scott never cleared up his "controversy" with matt... so, as a major fan of scott weiland, i dont like a bit matt sorum. I dont even like him as a drummer, he sucks ass, Steven adler with all his drugs issues is way better than him...
Btw, matt sorum is a piece of shit as person... just watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2XEu5lHdlA  Minute 2:15
And here, the whole video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbPf_hEnUI4&feature=channel
I think after all, theres no problem with the fact of getting insulted by someone like me in twitter...
no matter how childish is my tweet, or his response :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 06:45:45 AM by Unglued812 »

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2010, 06:58:29 AM »
I did smite you because I thought your actions were incredibly childish and the fact that you are bragging about it, makes it worse to me. 

I'm not saying Matt Sorum is an outstanding individual here or anything, but I dont see the point of doing what you did especially 2.5 years later, and I'm as big a SW fan as the next person.

We cant expect every single artist and band to like STP/SW/Eric Kretz/whoever.  That is just silly.  People in the music industry have bad blood or distaste for each other for a wide variety of reasons, most of which we'll never fully know or understand.  While I love SW, lets be honest, he's not exactly an easy going/friendly guy.  Not anymore.  He's a prickly, supremely talented, egotistical rock star.  Don't get me wrong hes earned the right.  However he has his enemies, and he will continue to make more.  Its the way he is. 

It should all come down to the music, not what some random celebrities say about each other.  So SG doesnt like STP.  WHO CARES.  Yeah, its an interesting article, and a bit hypocritical of Soundgarden for sure.  Guess what though, I still like Soundgarden's music!  If your opinion of Soundgarden changes because Cornell or whoever doesnt like Scott you're doing yourself a disservice, because Soundgarden has some amazing albums. 

Down on the Upside is one of the best albums from the 90s, in my opinion. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 07:00:07 AM by Aaron »

SonofOdin

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2010, 07:40:53 AM »
people are making too much out of this. no member of SG trashed STP. they gave their opinion and nothing was harsh or bitter. everyone has an opinion. i love both bands and the show at the vic in chicago was the best concert i have heard in years. soundgarden is a totally different sound. stp is not grunge. let's wait until soundgarden comes out with a new record with new material before we call their comeback a real success.

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 08:27:11 AM »
people are making too much out of this. no member of SG trashed STP. they gave their opinion and nothing was harsh or bitter. everyone has an opinion. i love both bands and the show at the vic in chicago was the best concert i have heard in years. soundgarden is a totally different sound. stp is not grunge. let's wait until soundgarden comes out with a new record with new material before we call their comeback a real success.

Yes, this.

So many in this community sensationalize everything anyone says about STP, and if is the least big negative, we have a new worst enemy.

All he said was he questioned the motives of this reunion, and so do I and many others.  The band has made candid remarks on innumerable occasions that this has as much to do with money as anything else.  I'm not saying that is good or bad one way or the other, but it's a perfectly reasonable criticism and I don't find it mean spirited in any way.

That said, the Soundgarden reunion isn't any different.  Reunions are in right now, and Soundgarden is going to get a piece of the action and they are more than entitled.  But with Cornell's flat out embarrassing last solo effort, PJ taking a bit of a break and the others being pretty low key, you can't tell me their bottom line didn't have a hell of a lot to do with their reunion as well.  This "it just sorta happened organically, mannnnnnnnnnn" bullshit isn't fooling anyone.