September 29, 2024, 07:35:29 AM

Author Topic: Soundgarden members trash Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 28903 times)

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Soundgarden members trash Stone Temple Pilots
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2010, 08:26:05 PM »
its to bad that sg and stp dont get along that would be an awsome show to see both bands together. however stp doesnt need money i dont know why people think there coming back for money thats a joke. now sg they havent done shit in 13 years and there bass player ben shepherd is broke and sleepin in a studio so sg is only together for money and yes chris cornell is a dick with an ego. sg is not going to last thats just my opinion. stp always has fresh ideas and still making great records and playing sold out shows constantly. stp will never let me down they are too badass.

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2010, 10:02:24 PM »
its to bad that sg and stp dont get along that would be an awsome show to see both bands together. however stp doesnt need money i dont know why people think there coming back for money thats a joke. now sg they havent done shit in 13 years and there bass player ben shepherd is broke and sleepin in a studio so sg is only together for money and yes chris cornell is a dick with an ego. sg is not going to last thats just my opinion. stp always has fresh ideas and still making great records and playing sold out shows constantly. stp will never let me down they are too badass.

chris cornell is lame.
" I have to return some video tapes "

artsyblacksmith

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2010, 10:38:32 PM »
I think this is great, for both bands. Lets start competing, lets see who's better. I think all bands should do this. It gets the creative juices flowing. Lets face it, there is no one to compete with these days (in rock n roll) and makes for lackluster and non-edgy albums. I say there is nothing wrong with a little competitiveness, that's the story of life anyways. Remember how "Purple" was made, all the angst and shit they went thru the year before. I say there is nothing wrong with competing. Instead of a peace sign on their new album, STP should have put a f#$%! you sign on the front, and a peace sign on the CD for the people who bought it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 10:43:39 PM by artsyblacksmith »

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2010, 11:17:58 PM »
Sorry Brett, wasnt me.  I already stated the only person I smited in this thread. 

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2010, 12:22:19 AM »
Sorry Brett, wasnt me.  I already stated the only person I smited in this thread. 

Yeah I know.

I don't think the smite system should be anonymous.  In life I have the outlook that if you have a problem with somebody or disagree with what they say you say something to their face, you don't talk shit behind their back.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2010, 01:04:55 AM »

Yeah I know.

I don't think the smite system should be anonymous.  In life I have the outlook that if you have a problem with somebody or disagree with what they say you say something to their face, you don't talk shit behind their back.

Agreed.  That way, if somebody is being a douche bag and just smiting ppl for the hell of it, they would at least get exposed, and have to answer for their smites...plus everybody could see them for the total loser that they are. 

I'm glad I'm not a pathetic loser stalker that has nothing better to do than smite ppl all day. 

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2010, 02:26:57 AM »
Since i posted here ive been smited 5 times.. and now i only know 1 person who did it

If you know who it is, call em out on it.

Yeah I know.

Agreed.  It's a little sniveling shithead maneuver.  For the people who aren't articulate enough to engage in any sort of debate but are dead set on getting the last word in.  Should be removed.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:33:54 AM by TemplePilot »

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2010, 03:15:33 AM »
The internet is very well known for bullying, due to its various forms of anonymousness. It's no shock it'd be the same thing here, with no-name-attached smiting. I commented on "smiting abuse" a week or so ago, and it earned me -10 smites in two days. What's that say? Plus, I have a noticed a few people here who can be quite rude, and/or on the borderline of bullying, my guess being they are not only due to the possibility of being banned and losing download access.

Just politics alone, people are a lot more bigoted, hateful, and slanderous towards others online, solely because the others can do no more than harass them back through digital text. These cowardly individuals know that they don't have to confront those in-person who feel otherwise, whether through aggressive confrontation or not.

Don't be surprised if there are sock puppets here, too.
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

bigemptycreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2010, 03:51:48 AM »
Ok, so what is this topic even about anymore?

So we, being the STP army, must slang and tear down anything or anyone who would dare have the audacity of saying the slightest negative thing or making a silly cartoon. I haven't read the article, if they go out of their way to badmouth or try to make insinuations about STP's motive then it's just trash and realistically, no one out there but established fans really cares if they have a feud. Something tells me this wont make TMZ lol.

it won't be long til Chris Cornell gets enough money from this reunion to go back into his shitty solo career.

Won't lie one of the funniest things i've ever seen was a tweet from Trent Reznor "You know that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly YOU feel uncomfortable? Heard Chris Cornell's record? Jesus." hahahaha i lost it when i read that.

1...I'm sure SG fans could say the same thing about Scott
2...Best tweet ever!

You sound kinda like someone who is trying to show everyone on this site just how mucb of an STP fan you are by indemnifying SG and idealizing STP. No one can ever say that anything isn't at least somewhat about money. Dudes want to make money and be famous and bang groupies. You can go on and on and tell me about the love of music, I'm not saying that these same guys don't love their music, but the money is on the mind too.

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2010, 04:54:44 AM »
Ok, so what is this topic even about anymore?

So we, being the STP army, must slang and tear down anything or anyone who would dare have the audacity of saying the slightest negative thing or making a silly cartoon. I haven't read the article, if they go out of their way to badmouth or try to make insinuations about STP's motive then it's just trash and realistically, no one out there but established fans really cares if they have a feud. Something tells me this wont make TMZ lol.

it won't be long til Chris Cornell gets enough money from this reunion to go back into his shitty solo career.

Won't lie one of the funniest things i've ever seen was a tweet from Trent Reznor "You know that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly YOU feel uncomfortable? Heard Chris Cornell's record? Jesus." hahahaha i lost it when i read that.

1...I'm sure SG fans could say the same thing about Scott
2...Best tweet ever!

You sound kinda like someone who is trying to show everyone on this site just how mucb of an STP fan you are by indemnifying SG and idealizing STP. No one can ever say that anything isn't at least somewhat about money. Dudes want to make money and be famous and bang groupies. You can go on and on and tell me about the love of music, I'm not saying that these same guys don't love their music, but the money is on the mind too.

thats classic that reznor said that..

man i cant stop laughing..
Reznors a beast! love that boy
" I have to return some video tapes "

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2010, 04:27:24 PM »
I've always felt that SG and PJ were close buddies, STP and Alice got to be better friends over the years and Nirvana simply hated everyone. I think bands not getting along is kinda cool to be honest. It's fuckin' rock n roll baby! I love both Soundgarden and Pearl Jam and I don't feel different about them for "trashing" STP (I still want to see some quotes of this). There's a lot of egos going around with those early 90s guys. They each think their band is better then the others and they should. They're rock stars. Some just won't say it to the media.

STP reunited for many reasons and, yes, money was one of those reasons. Dean admitted in an interview and Scott called STP "commerce" in another interview so it's not like it was some big secret. And what is so wrong if someone (band or whoever) tries to make money? The MJY demo had a variety of styles in it (funk, rock, country, etc.). If I was young and broke and a record label said to me make more music like these 7 songs off your demo I would say fuck ya I will. That make me a sellout? Maybe, maybe not. Greenday as another example (not a big fan of theirs) were pretty much made outcasts in their home town because they signed with a major label and "made it." Some people think that if you earn money making music and get famous by it, you're shit and become "sellouts." It happens a lot in the metal and punk scenes.

And if the SG camp all say money was not any slim part of their reunion reasons then they are lying. I read in a few places that Kim of SG is broke and basically homeless, that they were given very nice offers to reunite after the Cornell new years tweet, and that they aren't really planning to record more then one song. One might think that the timing of this SG reunion isn't just to remind the whole that SG is awesome. They do have a greatest hits, DVD, and video game coming out.

And for the whole flame wars by message board fans... SG and STP are completely different - sound, style, everything. We can all agree on that. We also can all agree that every message board has fans who will attack anyone who talks shit about their band. That's just the way it is.
adhesive love

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2010, 09:27:48 PM »
I've always felt that SG and PJ were close buddies, STP and Alice got to be better friends over the years and Nirvana simply hated everyone.

So well put in one sentence.
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

Jeremy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2010, 11:07:51 PM »
I´m not sure if it´s really true but if it´s, I can easily summarize in only one word: Jealousy!

What? I fell out of my Soundgarden phase years ago, so this is coming from a completely unbiased fan: What would they have to be jealous about? They still have a devoted fan base like STP, still sold a lot of records in the 90s, etc.

No offense, but that's one of the most biased remarks I've ever heard on this forum, since you have literally no ground on why they would think that and are only assuming.

~Jeremy~

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2010, 11:11:48 PM »
I´m not sure if it´s really true but if it´s, I can easily summarize in only one word: Jealousy!

What? I fell out of my Soundgarden phase years ago, so this is coming from a completely unbiased fan: What would they have to be jealous about? They still have a devoted fan base like STP, still sold a lot of records in the 90s, etc.

No offense, but that's one of the most biased remarks I've ever heard on this forum, since you have literally no ground on why they would think that and are only assuming.

~Jeremy~

+1  Well said, sir.
Back for another one

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2010, 12:19:39 AM »
This thread is cracking me up