October 04, 2024, 04:16:29 AM

Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 638387 times)

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Reply #6675 on: March 06, 2018, 07:06:25 AM »
A lot of youtube clips from the recent STP gigs of the past few days.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: March 06, 2018, 07:36:27 PM »
Keep on Reaching - Noel Gallagher
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: March 06, 2018, 09:34:08 PM »
Sons of The Sea.
A great album which is a musical collaboration between Brandon Boyd (Incubus) and Brendan O’Brian. I can see why STP and other bands wanted Brendan on board producing, some of the music on this album really is stunning. Very talented guy.

Great record. I liked this stuff a lot more than quite a bit of Incubus material. Listened to it a lot in 2014/15. "Jet Black Crow" is a fantastic song, reminds me of a very strange time in my life.

Agreed. ‘Jet Black Crow’ is one of my favourites and a great opener, another song I love is ‘Plus Minus’ but I like all of the songs on there really, nothing I feel the need to skip, unlike on the last few Incubus records. I think the last album of there’s I enjoyed was ‘Light Grenades’ over 10 years ago now!
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: March 07, 2018, 04:22:02 AM »
Lee Ann Womack- The Bees

BrewerFanKing

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: March 07, 2018, 05:08:54 AM »
Electronic - Get The Message

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: March 09, 2018, 03:42:47 AM »
STP Transmissions from a lonely room

“Bootlegs screen on thank you dvd”  :P  I had to stop and listen to the whole thing

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: March 09, 2018, 02:59:33 PM »
Got to ask- how is his latest.  I actually loved Oasis and I am considering giving Noel's latest a spin.

On a related conversation how does everyone feel on Noel vs Liam?  I'm definitely in the Noel camp, but I'd like to see the brothers put their shit in the past and get Oasis back together again. 

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: March 09, 2018, 03:25:23 PM »
STP “Art Of Letting Go”

This song could be huge for the band. I can’t get the melody out of my mind. I feel like this is a tune mainstream channels might get behind.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: March 09, 2018, 03:34:29 PM »
Got to ask- how is his latest.  I actually loved Oasis and I am considering giving Noel's latest a spin.

On a related conversation how does everyone feel on Noel vs Liam?  I'm definitely in the Noel camp, but I'd like to see the brothers put their shit in the past and get Oasis back together again. 

Honestly, I think Noel's band currently produces much higher quality music than we could expect from an Oasis reunion.

I'm sure they would put on a good tour, but nothing they have recorded in a long time makes me think they should be making music together again.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: March 09, 2018, 04:06:27 PM »

I feel Liam’s solo album ‘As You Were’ is a much stronger album than Noel’s latest. Noel seems to be experimenting with different sounds on the new album, which isn’t nescessarily a bad thing but I don’t think it’s as good of an album as his first 2. I caught NG live on his last tour though and he was great and I have tickets to see LG later in the year. I think next year is the time for an Oasis reunion though, they’ve both had a shot at doing their own thing, they’ve made some good music separately but I think I speak for most Oasis fans when I say we’d rather have them on stage together again.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: March 09, 2018, 05:08:47 PM »

I feel Liam’s solo album ‘As You Were’ is a much stronger album than Noel’s latest. Noel seems to be experimenting with different sounds on the new album, which isn’t nescessarily a bad thing but I don’t think it’s as good of an album as his first 2. I caught NG live on his last tour though and he was great and I have tickets to see LG later in the year. I think next year is the time for an Oasis reunion though, they’ve both had a shot at doing their own thing, they’ve made some good music separately but I think I speak for most Oasis fans when I say we’d rather have them on stage together again.

Agreed, Surprising how string Liams album is especially after a couple of weak one he did with Beady Eye.  Noel previous album was real good, new one not so much. Yep, bring back Oasis.

Never Enough - STP2.0
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: March 10, 2018, 02:24:33 AM »
Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts - ‘Back To The City’ (inspired to listen to it again after hearing the similar sound in the verses on ‘Never Enough)
This should’ve been a bonus track on the actual album. It’s a good track and I really like Scott’s vocals on it. Obviously it’s not 90’s Scott but you can still hear the passion in his voice.

https://youtu.be/Yy2keCFdeck

BrewerFanKing

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: March 10, 2018, 02:46:43 AM »
Nada Surf - "What's Your Secret"

Such a great band with so many great songs. Can't wait to see them live on Tuesday!

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #6688 on: March 10, 2018, 05:29:45 AM »
Billy Idol - L.A. Woman.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: March 10, 2018, 06:57:23 PM »
Scott Weiland - Yellow Pills