October 03, 2024, 10:10:29 AM

Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 637695 times)

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Reply #6405 on: April 12, 2017, 09:39:11 PM »

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: April 13, 2017, 03:37:37 AM »
Tom Waits : Rain Dogs
Kyuss : And the Circus Leaves Town.
Mastodon: Crack the Skye.
NIN : With Teeth.

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: April 13, 2017, 10:44:41 AM »

Any fans of his on here? I'm just now getting into him but I really like a lot of his stuff. I'm seeing him in a few weeks with Peter Buck of R.E.M., which admittedly was the main reason I wanted to go initially.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: April 13, 2017, 03:43:01 PM »
Atlas, rise! - Metallica
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #6409 on: April 20, 2017, 04:07:35 PM »
Started listening to a lot of Incubus after new song....really into Aqueous Transmission and Echo right now

Two of my favorite Incubus tracks of all-time. I just love the groove of that album. Actually, listening to Incubus right now.

Absolution Calling - Incubus
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: April 21, 2017, 01:45:19 PM »
I've been living in a hole under a rock, because I just learned that Paul Westerberg and Juliana Hatfield had a band last year called The I Don't Cares and an album called "Wild Stab". So far, a very nice effort by these two.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: April 22, 2017, 06:11:19 PM »
Started listening to a lot of Incubus after new song....really into Aqueous Transmission and Echo right now

Two of my favorite Incubus tracks of all-time. I just love the groove of that album. Actually, listening to Incubus right now.

Has any of the new stuff taken hold with you?  I listened to a song or two a while back but it didnt grab me.  I loved Morning View/A Crow Left of the Murder. 

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: April 22, 2017, 07:50:18 PM »
I want to vent how much I hate it when artists intentionally put background noises in music.  I was checking out Glass Animals today and on one track it had a kid faintly in the background asking for "Daddy".  Then on a later track it was kids playing in the street.  Both tracks made me pause the music more than once to determine if it was my son I was hearing. 

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: April 22, 2017, 08:25:44 PM »

Has any of the new stuff taken hold with you?  I listened to a song or two a while back but it didnt grab me.  I loved Morning View/A Crow Left of the Murder.
I gave it a few listens and there isn't any song on there that I liked at all, everything is way too poppy for me and there aren't any good riffs that instantly caught my attention like Morning View or Make Yourself.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: April 24, 2017, 03:23:42 PM »

I gave it a few listens and there isn't any song on there that I liked at all, everything is way too poppy for me and there aren't any good riffs that instantly caught my attention like Morning View or Make Yourself.
Thats too bad.  I have been waiting for a return to form from Incubus, but I'm not sure its happening. 

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: April 25, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »
I forgot about Incubus' new album, ill have to check it out, but Nimble Bastard wasnt anything great.

"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: April 29, 2017, 04:58:13 AM »
Stone Sour - Fabuless. This might be the best in concert music video of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwglgn1mo3M

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #6417 on: May 01, 2017, 05:02:00 PM »

It's pretty evident that Skrillex mixed the album as I felt my car shake while I was driving.

Other then that, it's not bad. State of the Art is a nice pop song. No Fun seemed like a half-hearted attempt at a Make Yourself/Morning View era track.  I'm digging the Loneliest. The last track, Throw Out the Map, is pretty good too. Overall though, it's alright.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

HUTEYE

• HUTEYE
  • Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • 3 DOLLAR MOLLY Band
« Reply #6418 on: May 01, 2017, 10:32:15 PM »
Bottle Rockets - "Indianapolis", "Turn for the Worse"
Queens of the Stone Age - "The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret"
3 Dollar Molly - "Song 066", "Gearhead Anthem"
Monster Magnet - "God Says No", "Unbroken", Doomsday"
Josh HUTEYE Hutson

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: May 01, 2017, 11:48:50 PM »
The new self titled The Life and Times record.

If you're not on with them yet, what in the actual fuck are you doing? Get on it.

https://thelifeandtimes.bandcamp.com/album/the-life-and-times

I actually can hear Weiland singing Out Through the In Door... Seems like a song he could have written anyway.
Take it.