October 03, 2024, 03:42:06 AM

Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 637601 times)

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Reply #6240 on: May 07, 2016, 05:13:45 AM »
RHCP - Dark Necessities.

Fucking love it.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: May 07, 2016, 12:49:00 PM »
RHCP - Dark Necessities.

Fucking love it.

Me too.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: May 07, 2016, 09:17:27 PM »
RHCP - Dark Necessities.

Fucking love it.

Me too.

Has me really excited to see them later this month!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: May 07, 2016, 10:42:15 PM »
RHCP - Dark Necessities.

Fucking love it.

Me too.

I'm a big RHCP fan, huge. But DN is such a disappointment. It worries me that they think this is the best song on the album.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #6244 on: May 08, 2016, 12:33:38 AM »
RHCP - Dark Necessities.

Fucking love it.

Me too.

I'm a big RHCP fan, huge. But DN is such a disappointment. It worries me that they think this is the best song on the album.
Completely disagree there. You're free to think that, but I personally think we're long past any true disappointment. I think they got that out of the way with I'm With You. Even then, I'm With You was still pretty okay. I think now that they've had a lot of years to break in the new guitarist and tour pretty heavily with him, we're in for a lot more consistent of a record. If you don't dig the track, that's cool, but I wouldn't jump the gun on the album just yet. I think it's going to surprise some people.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: May 08, 2016, 04:01:31 AM »
By The Way is one of my favorite records of all time. Stadium Arcadium has some killer tunes on it. I'm With You seemed kind of a tired re-tread, but this new track. I really kinda enjoyed Dark Necessities the first time I heard it. And that doesn't happen with most new songs I hear these days.

I really miss John Frusciante's contributions to the Chili Peppers. Like Weiland, he operates on a totally different plane of existence than the rest of us. His contributions were always otherworldly. The RHCP songwriting misses John, and John's songwriting misses Flea, Kiedis, & Will Farrell's....

But this new song, damn. I think they've tapped into something good and hope the rest of their album can grab me like this first single has.

Listening to PS4 menu music at the moment.....
Bleeda blooda

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: May 08, 2016, 05:33:43 AM »
I liked BTW and SA a lot, but really, they sounded a lot like something they could have come up with during the Californication sessions. Their albums all had different feels to them until BTW came along. IWY was pretty good if you ask me, it had some pretty different stuff on it, and IBY was also pretty good too. But DN is just boring compared to everything I've heard by them. After I heard the chorus, the first thing I thought was "that was the chorus, that was very anti climatic". Also like IWY and IBY, Josh isn't loud enough in the mix of DN.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: May 08, 2016, 05:49:17 AM »
I too am a large Chili Peppers fan here. Soul To Squeeze is absolutely one of my favorite songs, the lyrics mean a lot ot me. Aside from that, I honestly dig what the band did on Californication through their present day stuff the most. I know according to a lot of music fans, it should be the other way around. Californication was huge when it came out, and I was 8th going on 9th grade at the time, so I was very aware of the music being played the most on radio and tv at the time, and RHCP was a big part of that.

Listening to... Prince & The New Power Genteration "Gett Off"

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: May 09, 2016, 01:53:12 PM »
RHCP - Dark Necessities.

Fucking love it.

Me too.

Completely disagree there. You're free to think that, but I personally think we're long past any true disappointment. I think they got that out of the way with I'm With You. Even then, I'm With You was still pretty okay. I think now that they've had a lot of years to break in the new guitarist and tour pretty heavily with him, we're in for a lot more consistent of a record. If you don't dig the track, that's cool, but I wouldn't jump the gun on the album just yet. I think it's going to surprise some people.

And you are free to think what you want, but I think these guys are way past relevancy.  Especially with no Frusciante in the band. 
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: May 09, 2016, 05:54:14 PM »
^^ Agreed, theyre like STP without Weiland.   Although Dark Necessities doesnt sound to bad.   And just cant get into Radiohead.

"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #6250 on: May 09, 2016, 06:39:15 PM »
RHCP - Dark Necessities.

Fucking love it.

Me too.

And you are free to think what you want, but I think these guys are way past relevancy.  Especially with no Frusciante in the band.
Oh man, definitely disagree with that too. But whatever floats your boat. If it's any consolation, I'm sure many agree with you. As good as Frusciante is, RHCP has been able to keep up consistency without him a few times now. Again, just my thoughts.

Pink Floyd - Side 3, Pt. 4: Allons-y (1)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:42:45 PM by Down-Plush »

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: May 10, 2016, 06:04:14 PM »
^^ Apparently Floyd will be  releasing all there material on a new vinyl collection.   Speaking of vinyl ;)

"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #6252 on: May 13, 2016, 03:21:08 AM »
^^ Apparently Floyd will be  releasing all there material on a new vinyl collection.   Speaking of vinyl ;)

No kidding? That'll be pretty rad.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: May 13, 2016, 08:34:12 PM »

Journey - " Stoned in Love"

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: May 14, 2016, 03:39:52 AM »
New Stone Roses tune: "All For One".

It's fucking terrible. Just my opinion.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy