September 25, 2024, 03:28:38 PM

Author Topic: "Cinnamon" Music Video Info  (Read 38806 times)

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
Re: "Cinnamon" Music Video Info
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 07:30:26 PM »
Cinnamon is an amazing song and im glad they finally choose it for being a single. A good video, and including it in the live shows will pump up the band... after that, they should then release huckleberry crumble or hazy daze and...then again, STP on the top my friends!
Seems like you left me when you broke down

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 08:08:07 PM »
When stations start playing a song that not even released thats a sign that the song is something special.

Even among critcs, whose opinion I dont really care about, Cinnamon was the most talked about tune aside from "Between the Lines" so we shall see how this goes.

And yeah they dropped TALO quick.

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 09:33:20 PM »
just an awful songs. good luck

oldleadbelly

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 10:11:28 PM »
I think this was the plan all along.  I think TALO was meant to be, in a manner of speaking, a "sacrificial lamb."  It was time for a new single, but the fellas were in Europe.  Do you want to release a song with hit potential when the band is not around to support it?  Nope, so you release TALO to fill the void.  If it becomes a hit on its own, great.  If not, no big deal.  Now STP is back Stateside, and they are releasing the most commercially appealing song on the record, supporting it with a video, touring it, and more than likely will reschedule TV appearances around it.  Makes a lot of sense really.

SourBeagle

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 10:23:22 PM »
I never once heard TALO on the radio; it would've been nice to see a video.  I am thrilled about Cinnamon, though, perfect timing with it being late summer, it just fits the time of year in my opinion.

I just realized, maybe the video's not going to be released for awhile and they are just getting it out of the way before the touring gets really extensive and will release it months from now.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 10:51:52 PM by SourBeagle »
“The news reports said I’d torched $10,000 worth of Scott’s clothes, which was wrong by a factor of eight. He was somewhat insulted at their estimate: ‘Eighty thousand dollars, Mary,’ he said later.”

Eijoo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 01:15:39 AM »
cinnamon is goin to be a helluva classic video. i think it's goin to have a different vibe from the rest of all their videos. let's cross or fingers(=^;^=)
Songs are emotions in sonic form and I had a lot of emotions at the time. And each of those emotions inspires its own sound."- Scott Weiland on recording "12 Bar Blues" album

NoMemory_Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2010, 02:01:45 AM »
I think Rob or Dean mentioned something about shooting a video for TALO a few weeks ago....
CORPORATE MEDIA STILL SUCK

Freely Standing

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2010, 03:41:25 AM »
I wonder if the band will be in the video. They haven't mentioned it at all. Perhaps this will be one of those videos that features old footage or studio footage. Either way, glad to see another STP video.

Wasn't the video for Trippin' like that?

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2010, 03:43:40 AM »
I'm still waiting on TALO's video? Seriously, they should have released another one already.
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2010, 04:15:54 AM »
They are in Trippin'. They're jumping up and down in one of those inflatable jumpy things usually for kids.  And I think they dropped the idea of a music video for Take a Load Off altogether.

"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 04:20:31 AM »
Good News! A new video always gets me so excited! I love Cinnamon and is probably going to be a huge hit. But I have TALO ranking on the radio and still is BTL. It's too soon. I don't want Cinnamon to get lost in the middle, neither TALO. And I still want a video for Take a Load Off.

Maybe this is something like, you dig Cinnamon you got Cinnamon, you don't dig Cinnamon you got Take a load off to play on the radio
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 02:33:48 PM »
When stations start playing a song that not even released thats a sign that the song is something special.

Exactly.

I heard TALO once on the local rock radio station. I've heard Cinnamon played several times on different media including  local NYC morning news.

this isn't about US, we've already bought the damn CD. It's about getting others to buy it. This song because it's catchy can capture the middle of the road listener. Very smart move by the band.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 04:01:32 PM »
Good News! A new video always gets me so excited! I love Cinnamon and is probably going to be a huge hit. But I have TALO ranking on the radio and still is BTL. It's too soon. I don't want Cinnamon to get lost in the middle, neither TALO. And I still want a video for Take a Load Off.

Maybe this is something like, you dig Cinnamon you got Cinnamon, you don't dig Cinnamon you got Take a load off to play on the radio

I wouldn't worry about it getting lost in the middle, they are hoping for a pop hit with Cinnamon. The target audience probably doesn't know that STP even put TALO out.

Good luck to them anyway, I predicted a while back that Cinnamon would flop, but I do hope to be proven wrong. I think it's a good song.

txgirl6927

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2010, 06:59:53 PM »
Bummed if TALO doesn't have an official video.  Cinnamon is definately more "pop oriented".  I can see it being played on the MIX type stations that play stuff like John Mayer. 

I've heard TALO played alot on Sirius on their ALT Nation channel.  Too bad commercial radio didn't really pick it up.
04/12/11: Kings of Leon w/Band of Horses
05/18/11: Avenged Sevenfold
08/16/11: STP @ Austin City Limits Live
03/7/12: Radiohead
If you should die before me ask if you can bring a friend ....

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2010, 07:10:34 PM »
They should have been much quicker about getting a video out for Take A Load Off. At least their getting a video out there now. I don't know how Cinnamon will do as a single. The way it's polarized fans, it's hard to say how it will do with casual listeners.
Grab the hate and drown it out...