September 24, 2024, 11:30:09 PM

Author Topic: "Cinnamon" Music Video Info  (Read 38772 times)

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: "Cinnamon" Music Video Info
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2010, 04:39:36 PM »
I don't think STP give a shit about their career, fans and legacy. They take their sweet ass time getting around to things and when they finally do it's too late. "Let's go on tour and perform the same 15 songs year after year and release singles that we're not going to support, lyp sync, overcharge for concert tickets, and be totally disconnected from our supporting hard core fans. " This is all speculation of course.

I'm 99% sure he doesn't lip sync or else he wouldn't of sounded like shit back in April and you are not on the right page at all on anything you said, the record industry is not what you think apparently, they are not as in charge of things as you think they are and I as a fan have always been welcomed into their lives through the years and they go above and beyond and work their asses off to make this thing happen. Yes it would be nice for them to add more different songs, but a lot of bands that have that many hits play mostly the hits most of the time....I feel blessed to have this band in my life and the fact that they got back together, toured and made a new album is just beyond words.......... SCOTT'S STILL FUCKING ALIVE!!!!!!!!? How'd that happen!? I am greatful for every second of anything they have and will do. Would you rather not have any STP at all? It sounds like it......

One love,
-Chase
Thank you for that. You have been applauded
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

guvnagrover

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2010, 06:40:08 PM »
I'm 99% sure he doesn't lip sync or else he wouldn't of sounded like shit back in April and you are not on the right page at all on anything you said, the record industry is not what you think apparently, they are not as in charge of things as you think they are and I as a fan have always been welcomed into their lives through the years and they go above and beyond and work their asses off to make this thing happen. Yes it would be nice for them to add more different songs, but a lot of bands that have that many hits play mostly the hits most of the time....I feel blessed to have this band in my life and the fact that they got back together, toured and made a new album is just beyond words.......... SCOTT'S STILL FUCKING ALIVE!!!!!!!!? How'd that happen!? I am greatful for every second of anything they have and will do. Would you rather not have any STP at all? It sounds like it......

One love,
-Chase

Damn skippy - couldn't have said it better myself!
"Skin is smooth I steal a glance...Dragon flies 'er' gliding over"

"Cause she could play the six string, Better than those macho pendejos...Oh Maver..."

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2010, 10:50:50 PM »
I don't think STP give a shit about their career, fans and legacy. They take their sweet ass time getting around to things and when they finally do it's too late. "Let's go on tour and perform the same 15 songs year after year and release singles that we're not going to support, lyp sync, overcharge for concert tickets, and be totally disconnected from our supporting hard core fans. " This is all speculation of course.

One love,
-Chase

Apart from the lip-sync nonsense, the guy has a point. Whether or not we want to admit it, we all know it's true.

Once the cash-grab touring is done, we will see if the band truly wants to make music together and engage with what's left of their fanbase. It could go either way - I have no opinion on the matter, I'm just glad Eric is making the money he deserves.

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2010, 11:40:19 PM »
Why are we still referring to these tours as "cash grab"?  These guys seem to enjoy it a lot.  Play plenty of deep cuts.  And most of all, put on a great show every night.   

They obviously give a shit about their legacy, they've made that pretty clear throughout the entire time they've been together.  How some of the criticism really hurts them and such. 

I have to agree that they are pretty disconnected from their hardcore fans, but that's more like being either 1.) old school or 2.) completely inept with any kind if technology.  I think it's 2, lol
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

therealcaptain40

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2010, 12:47:08 AM »

One love,
-Chase
  I'm not on the right page at all? You don't agree that the set list is 88% the same thing tour after tour? The majority of the singles from the last 2 albums have been botched. I saw them on the Family Values tour with Staind, Linkin Park, and Static X for about $45. Now the cheapest ticket for a Vegas show is $70+ and that's with relatively unknown opening acts.  The lyp sync allegations are questionable given the footage we've seen, but not conclusive (I don't want to believe it either). I hear that Scott signs just a handful of autographs after each show then hurries to the next city. I want to see them play more intimate shows with a set list that's tailored for hardcore fans. They're the greatest, we all love them, happy to see them still around, but I just get frusterated with the all the red tape and lack of communication ya know. Long live STmothafuckinP

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2010, 01:03:48 AM »
So about the Cinnamon music video.....
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

MAZZA26

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2010, 02:25:21 AM »
Loungefly -

If it wasn't for the "Big Bang Baby" video back to back with "Sour Girl" I would not have appreciated the band at the time.   When I witnessed both videos from the same line-up I was mesmerised...  Fantastic stuff.  2 Videos so different, yet I loved BBB for the thrill of it all - let's face it we all knew that the band were out of their heads filming it!!

It makes a mockery of the fact that STP are struggling to make videos from the next singles off the album.

For example:

A lot of posters have stated their love of the "take a load off video."  Personally it's a bad version of "Trippin... in a ..."  It's not imaginative.... If you gave me the rushes of various gigs etc.... I could have produced something as good.  Hey don't get me wrong, for what it is it's ok, but loads of overated comments... brings me onto next post:

Something like Days of the week would have cost a shed loads more money than Between the lines, which was fairly basic.  My point is this:
Vasoline, Big Bang Baby, Sour Girl - these videos are miles better than anything we have seen pre and post shangri la-----    I was very disturbed by the fact that a load of you loved the "take a load of video!"  It was so obvious what had happened....  when rehearsed I would hazard a guess that scott couldn't sing it.... it's very very difficult.... even to play - the changes the timing etc....

Good luck to STP with Cinnamon, BUT I would say that it's not really a notebook of the album.  In fact it sounds like Sally Cinnamon, from the Stone Roses... circa 1987.  I cannot believe no British poster has mentioned this - amazing!!!
Good luck to the band but at the end of the day to dismiss music videos kind of sums up the current climate - awful and boring.   Think of Vasoline, Interstate, Big Bang, Lady Picture, Sour, Days etc.... and then compare it to the videos of Between the Lines and Take A load off which was bizarrely rated on this forum.

"It''ss allrrighhhht as we moseelyy on into the niiight!!!"""
I could have imagined a half live performance and half interstate love song video for "take a load off!"  Combined with Big Bang Baby!  Oh well....

Yanks241

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2010, 02:36:47 AM »
I thought the Between the Lines video was pretty cool.  From the start something seemed off with Take a Load Off.  Didn't that become the next single because it won a vote on the official website??  Obviously they cannot perform it live so it should never have been a single.  It felt like the video was just thrown together as an after thought to justify it being released as a single.

I don't get what is taking them so long to get the Cinnamon video released and promoted on tv and youtube/internet.  I think STP should be doing more interviews/appearances to promote the song too.   Whether it's a late night tv show or radio interview/performances...

therealcaptain40

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2010, 03:38:28 AM »
At least they're performing Cinnamon live...Who's he singing about anyway? That young chick that he's been seeing?

Yanks241

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2010, 04:05:03 AM »
I would think Mary no?  Especially the "Two sided angel..." part

nroma05

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2010, 04:13:19 AM »
Albums done.. already talking about next album,its a real shame..................

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2010, 08:58:06 AM »
why in the hell aren't they releasing this thing?
I had the midwife naked and alone

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2010, 02:34:41 PM »
why in the hell aren't they releasing this thing?

Its probably going to be released well after the fact just like Take A Load Off..  Which is very unfortunate.  They did a great job with BTL  why cant they do that for all their singles.  It clearly pays off
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2010, 10:16:50 PM »
I think it's a good sign though that they're talking about being excited about fulfilling their contract with Atlantic so they can release stuff on their own rather than taking their ball and going home like they did with SLDD.  They're looking to overcome Atlantic's shitty ass promotion rather than dwell on it.  I think if "Cinnamon" had a well promoted video it could help the song on radio, I do hear it sometime on KROQ here in LA.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2010, 10:54:21 PM »
cinnamon has potential to be played on pop stations too!  They really really dropped the ball on this one promotions wise
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫