September 19, 2024, 08:43:02 AM

Author Topic: STP - All Acoustic  (Read 8131 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
STP - All Acoustic
« on: July 28, 2010, 03:24:20 PM »
I know there was just a topic about putting acoustic deliciousness in it's own area of the downloads section - I'm still all about that - but I've got another one:

When I'm feeling like absolute shit (which I am), there's always one thing that makes me feel a LITTLE better: acoustic STP.  Let's play our own little game here and put together the ULTIMATE acoustic STP playlist...

I know there are some songs the band hasn't "broken down into its natural... element" - they simply have never been done acoustically, or there is no available recording (like BPB with Scott on guitar).  However, we do have a massive collection of amazing acoustic fun - let's pick the best and create a total eargasm. 

One acoustic performance for every song in the STP catalogue?  Hell yes.  You know you want to play.  And to hell with trying to go in order - that's way too hard.

Let's start with your favorite - unless it's already been taken - and leave things open to discussion as we go along. 

I get to go first.   :P

Interstate Love Song -
The very BEST acoustic performance?  Y100's Sonic Session (10-21-01)  Gorgeous.

How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP - All Acoustic
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 05:44:27 PM »
I'll throw in a vote for the Unplugged version of Crackerman.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 07:26:13 PM »
 Well got those those special radio/tv Dean and Scott   Killer plush: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnSxtv5BnZo&fmt=22

Then we buzzard fest cleveland  and ofcourse my fav at rollin rock :   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1ATOKlivsw

Hawk.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 08:05:29 PM »
Man this is a hard one, some of STP's most beautiful moments have been acoustic. I would say either Big Empty from Unplugged or Atlanta from Storytellers.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 08:40:55 PM »
Wonderful 10-31-01 (Atlanta Acoustic Show)

But my favorite is "Atlanta" from WAAF acoustic set

And I'll let someone else to choose one for 7CT and LPS because I could go on and go on... :P
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 09:04:16 PM »
Seven Caged Tigers - 10/31/01
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 10:46:16 PM »

Question, which radio station were these played at? I think Interstate was also played at this show.
adhesive love

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 01:23:24 AM »

Question, which radio station were these played at? I think Interstate was also played at this show.

No idea what radio station played it. I just know it was an acoustic mini-set before a concert, someone was kind enough to share it with us a while back and that it has the best quality recording of 7CT I've ever heard. And yeah, Interstate was on there, too.

I don't even know if it was on the radio really. I just know it's a soundboard recording.

On Subject: Here's another one. Black Again (01 or 02). I don't know what radio station it was on or the date, I just know it was apparently performed before Revolution.

EDIT: Also, Kitchenware & Candybars - KROQ's Almost Acoustic X-Mas 94
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 01:41:07 AM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 06:07:16 AM »

They weren't played on radio, "it was a private acoustic show" according to the poster ;D http://www.belowempty.com/forum/index.php?topic=6473.0 (download it if you haven't ;) )

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 06:14:22 AM »
On Subject: Here's another one. Black Again (01 or 02). I don't know what radio station it was on or the date, I just know it was apparently performed before Revolution.

EDIT: Also, Kitchenware & Candybars - KROQ's Almost Acoustic X-Mas 94
It must be from the same date as the ILS performance Jessie started this thread with. It was played before Revolution, which I'd add to this list too. But if it's not that I want that audio you're talking about ;D

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 11:47:58 AM »
Thanks for the info Blue and Shangri!

Back on topic, I always like the one recording of Vasoline done acoustically.
adhesive love

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 09:50:46 AM »
The VH1 storytellers has some excellent acoustic moments.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

blackagain

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 10:48:23 AM »

I can answer that one. "Black Again", "Revolution" & "Interstate Love Song" were performed acoustically for the Y-100 Sonic Session. This was radio station 100.3 Fm in Philadelphia, Pa & the date they were recorded was on October 22, 2001. I got this straight from a dj who worked there (can't  give his name) who kindly sent me a copy. The station then went to a different format change I believe & no longer is on the air.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 10:53:27 AM »

I can answer that one. "Black Again", "Revolution" & "Interstate Love Song" were performed acoustically for the Y-100 Sonic Session. This was radio station 100.3 Fm in Philadelphia, Pa & the date they were recorded was on October 22, 2001. I got this straight from a dj who worked there (can't  give his name) who kindly sent me a copy. The station then went to a different format change I believe & no longer is on the air.

Oh my god did you just say you have an mp3 of a live version of Black Again?! If you would upload that for me, I'd buy you ice cream.
Bleeda blooda

blackagain

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 11:10:37 AM »
I don't know how? I can't even get these quotes right or align things right when I do posts LOL  Tried listing Songs 1-5 & couldn't get it to work? I hate working mandatory 12 hours!! BTW they are NOT mp3's (at least I don't THINK they are?) I got these right from the DJ from their MASTER source. Thats why I can't give his name. I guess he would have gotten in trouble. I do recall that they DID leak out as there was a web site that had all 3 listed for downloads. It was a STP fan web site like this one. I can't recall the name? I told him about it so he wouldn't think it was me who posted them. Apparently, I wasn't the ONLY person he gave them to.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 11:15:13 AM by blackagain »