September 19, 2024, 10:16:07 PM

Author Topic: 2010-10-09 - Orlando, FL - UCF Arena  (Read 10061 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-10-09 - Orlando, FL - UCF Arena
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 08:43:48 AM »
Damn, why the helol are are they playing a shirter set all of the sudden? This upsets me. They did the same damn thing in Oakland last year. They stopped playing Seven Caged Tigers a week before the show, and even though they only played it twice, they didn't play Meatplow. Beh. They better add some other songs.
Bleeda blooda

onecagedtiger

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 01:47:51 PM »
STP should know Florida is a dead market for them because of the shit Weiland pulled there 2 years ago.
I live here, and the support because of that has been dead.  The new stuff doesn't get played on the radio, and thus most of the casual fans do not know about new material or tours.  You would have thought they would have did a bigger press push for this tour for here due to the cancel a few years ago.  I couldn't make it because I had to work, but Florida needs some kind of love from the group as a I'm sorry for a few years ago.

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 02:47:57 PM »
glad to hear the band rocked last night. anyone else think weiland looks especially old in this picture?

A little. But to be fair, he is kinda old now. He's in his forties and most people I know that age look much worse than him. But I do think he could use a beard if he's going into his "Fat Morrison" phase.

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 06:12:15 PM »
I mean for a guy who seems to have been so obsessed with his looks/weight for so many years, it's kind of cool that he actually looks his age, like a normal person, for a change.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 06:13:26 PM »
First off - why the hell was STP booked to play such a large venue?  10,000 capacity seems more than excessive, no?   :o

Secondly - people in FL are still bitter over the "no-show" two years ago?  This just proves that only old people and the mentally slow live in Florida.  No offense - but this is Rock n' Roll.  Shit happens - get over it.  If STP cancelled a Cleveland show, instead of sitting around waiting and crying for two years, I'd have just gotten in my car and planned a road trip.  Hey, that's just me.

And last - I don't think Scott looks old in the picture... I think his skin doesn't look so hot, though.  It looks blotchy and red - like he possibly has Rosacea (also called "Gin Blossoms") - one of many causes of this condition is alcohol consumption...
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 06:35:22 PM »
                          Looks like they played a decent setlist of songs. I just looked at the photo gallery that they had posted. There were some awesome photos of the band. Way to go! Some of you guys are overly critical of Scott and the band! They leave out one song and someone whines or Scott has a tiny wrinkle and suddenly he's a senior citizen. I think the band is aging pretty gracefully if you ask me for a group of guys who have been going at it for over 20 years. They all look pretty good. You get a closeup of any person young, old or a high profile celebrity and yes you will see some imperfections,blemishes, or whatever...get over it people. As far as ticket sales go, its affecting all the bands out there in general, economy is down, can't always expect a full crowd. The only places you would expect a full crowd would be sports events like the playoffs/world series/superbowl..things like that cause they get plenty of press times where as some rock bands do not get that kind of press. That's my dos cents!   ;)

8)

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 06:37:52 PM »
He had those spots on his face since Tangle With Your Mind video. At least that's when I noticed them.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 06:43:06 PM »
glad to hear the band rocked last night. anyone else think weiland looks especially old in this picture?

A little. But to be fair, he is kinda old now. He's in his forties and most people I know that age look much worse than him. But I do think he could use a beard if he's going into his "Fat Morrison" phase.

I sure hope Scott doesn't look at the postings on this forum.    When we post our own pics somewhere we have the power to post only the good ones.  Scott doesn't have that option here.  I don't know anyone, young, old, pretty or ugly who is photogenic 100% of the time.  Cut him a little slack.  He needs love and support right now, not a critique of his appearance.   

7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
3/30/10 Louisville, KY - THE VERY BEST
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 06:54:36 PM »
Hey, at least he's finally putting on some weight. Rather this than a cracked-out VR Scott.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 07:50:05 PM »

I sure hope Scott doesn't look at the postings on this forum.    When we post our own pics somewhere we have the power to post only the good ones.  Scott doesn't have that option here.  I don't know anyone, young, old, pretty or ugly who is photogenic 100% of the time.  Cut him a little slack.  He needs love and support right now, not a critique of his appearance.   

Wow, i wasnt trying to criticize Scott at all. Just pointing out that he looked a little old. Don't act as if I was like "OMG hes so old hes on heroin again OMG OMG  OMG"
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

purpleflowers

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 08:14:34 PM »

Wow, i wasnt trying to criticize Scott at all. Just pointing out that he looked a little old. Don't act as if I was like "OMG hes so old hes on heroin again OMG OMG  OMG"

You are the only person on this thread who has mentioned "heroin".  I don't think anyone who has commented here  believes Scott is using heroin.  I know I don't think so.  This is just a discussion.  If you are going to get upset over feedback, dont post a question asking people what they think.
7/8/09 Cincinnati, OH
10/11/09 Columbus, OH
3/30/10 Louisville, KY - THE VERY BEST
8/25/10 Cincinnati, OH
7/19/11 Eastlake, OH

Mister Saint Laurent

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • M.SL
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 08:27:27 PM »
Secondly - people in FL are still bitter over the "no-show" two years ago?  This just proves that only old people and the mentally slow live in Florida.  No offense - but this is Rock n' Roll.  Shit happens - get over it.

well, the no show was in tampa and i heard the crowd in tampa on friday wasn't bad. they did cancel an orlando show two years ago on short notice, but returned to orlando last year and had no problem filling hard rock live. i think there were a few reasons for the low attendance on saturday. the main one being the ticket prices. last year at hard rock, GA floor tix were $42.50 + fees. this year at the UCF arena, GA floor tix were $57.50 + fees. also, it's hard to build demand for your tour when you played the same town the year before.

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 10:55:20 PM »

Hear hear!!

We need to be behind Scott and let him know we love him - the poor dude has been through hell and needs love and best wishes to get him back to wellness again.  Not people saying "oh he's fat" or "his voice isn't good!" 

*Sakes head and sighs*
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2010, 11:44:09 PM »
STP needs to tour with a co-headliner or at least a real opening act.

I mean come on Alice In Chains is touring with Deftones and Mastodon.

In this economy it's a slap in the face to ask for 70 dollars to see one act perform for less than 2 hours.

captainslovakia

• Pilot
  • (((in stereo where available)))
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 05:58:19 AM »
I say black rebel motorclub is solid. I don't know the story on their association, but I vote more underground yet still having something of value to offer are the way to go. Everyone knows a big name, but bring up the rest. Like tree. Like tree.
"That's hill-WILLIAM to you!" - cletus