September 17, 2024, 07:52:40 PM

Author Topic: 2010-09-22 - Lubbock, TX - Lonestar Pavilion  (Read 8995 times)

cheapsurprise

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: **CANCELLED** 9-22 Lubbock, Texas
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 05:28:08 AM »
The reason why I'm so concerned is because it makes no sense to pull a tour the day before it starts because of ticket sales. You would realize that weeks in advance and be able to reschedule the necessary dates. That, compounded with the last two gigs starting 30 minutes and then an hour late due to what sounds like b/s reasons have me fairly concerned. Of course we can count on there not being a press release and not being any official word, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 07:05:35 AM »
I feel very fortunate to live in Los Angeles, Scott has usually been on time to the STP shows I've been to likely because he is so close to his house.  This really sucks for the fans in Texas, but things go up and down with this band.  Remember the Florida debacle in 2008?  We'll just have to wait and see.  It would be nice though if Scott could just be a regular person and show up on time etc.  I really wonder what it would take to get him sober at this point.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 07:09:13 AM »
Yikes. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.
--Rob--

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 08:10:18 AM »
At least the Velvet Revolver reunion will be fun! I kidd, I kidd... :)

Hopefully, it's nothing serious. The "no reason given" thing makes me a little nervous. Whenever a band cancels tour dates without releasing a statement, it's usually bad news. But I'm going to wait and see what happens and not jump to any conclusions. I feel for the people who had tix to see them.

Karma schmarma.

kilter

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 08:12:59 AM »
*facepalm*

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 09:11:31 AM »
El Paso show postponed as well
http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_16127374?source=most_viewed

The Stone Temple Pilots concert scheduled for Tuesday night at the El Paso County Coliseum has been postponed, according to Keith Welch of Stardate Productions.

No reason was given for the postponement.

Though low ticket sales may be to blame, there were rumors at press time that the remainder of the tour has been postponed.

The band last performed Sunday in Houston and went on an hour late, according to a review on houstonpress.com. The reviewer said singer Scott Weiland claimed he'd been "boozing." Weiland has a history of drug and alcohol problems.

Refunds will be available at the point of purchase.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 09:29:22 AM »
At least the Velvet Revolver reunion will be fun! I kidd, I kidd... :)

LOOOOOOOOL DAMN ITS SAD NEWS  I KNOW BUT YOU MADE ME LAUGH SO HAAARD

Ok, now, lets be real. If Scott falls into any substance abuse, no matter what it is, i dont know how the fuck he is gonna face it and get through it...
i mean, with all the shit he have done...

But like @robschmidt  said up there...lets "hope for the better, prepare for the worst"
Seems like you left me when you broke down

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 10:08:02 AM »
This is bad news. I'm worried. No good at all. It was my friend's birthday so we partied a bit, but this just makes everything all bleh now.
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 10:53:03 AM »
Like I said in the other thread, if they are canceling/postponing a lot of shows, that means Scott is going to rehab which is what is best for him and STP long term.  Also, the guys will stick it out with him.  They knew what they were getting into getting back with him and they seem content to stick it out this time for the sake of STP.

If he is going to rehab I hope he is out by October 29th though!

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: CANCELLED: 2010-09-22 - Lubbock, TX
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 12:40:28 PM »
if they are canceling/postponing a lot of shows, that means Scott is going to rehab
Well that is quite a guess...
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • I knew the questions but I lost the answers...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 01:05:47 PM »
if they are canceling/postponing a lot of shows, that means Scott is going to rehab
Well that is quite a guess...

An optimistic assumption really...Scott has never meshed well with rehab. He's gone, but he never really stays long and it never seems to have much of an impact. Plus, he usually only goes when hes forced.  Again, thats just an assumption though. There are many, many possible reasons for this. It'd help if we knew of any other shows (Besides this and El Paso) "postponed"/cancelled yet?
Favorite STP songs at the moment: Hazey Daze, Fast as I Can, I Got You, Pruno

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 01:13:54 PM »
I read his rehab comment before I watched the crackerman tx vid...he says he needs to take care of himself, then you just may be right...Poor Scotty has a lot of Demons
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Elvis

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 01:56:56 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuiw3bBY5pE

That sounds like Scott is checking himself into rehab.  I've been there and the words he used are exactly what you want to hear from someone who's ready to straighten out.  We should be extremely happy for this.  These guys have been going full throttle for a long time and they need a break.  Let him get clean mentally and physically then come back longer and stronger.  The Texas fans get a little screwed here, but those guys up on stage are human beings that need to recharge every now and then.  I'd rather see a rocking show 2 years from now then a burned out Scott 2 weeks from now, you know?

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 02:44:56 PM »
I'm glad that they are postponing these shows and Scott is going into rehab (if that's the case).  He looks and talks like an alcoholic...his face and gut looks swelled.  He may or may not be off dope but he just traded one addiction for another which is never healthy.

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 02:51:51 PM »
Well this is too bad, I saw him Friday night in AZ and he was on it, totally coherent, when he talked between songs he sounded better than I have heard him in a long time!!  I was very happy for myself (and for them of course) due to all of the shows I have seen that he has been out there, stumbling around.... but now canceled date... Sucky in more ways than one.. They will come back around and put on a great show.. like the guys said you got to enjoy it when its good and ride the bumps out when its bumpy...something to that effect... Just hope he's ok...
"I\'ve been suicidal since God I don\'t know when, so get down on your knees say a prayer say amen.