October 01, 2024, 06:47:04 AM

Author Topic: Thank You topic  (Read 44671 times)

Anonymous

Thank You topic
« on: November 14, 2003, 10:23:55 AM »
Post your questions about the content of the DVD here, and hopefully we can have some answered...

some of my own: approximately when were the respective live recordings of where the river goes and dead and bloated made? those, in my opinion, are some of the real gems this dvd has to offer... absolutely ass-rockin' renditions, and the band is in top form. *sigh* those were the days (wax nostalgic). as both shows were performed on a small stage, it seems to suggest a time during the '92 club tour era. the videos also reveal a few clues based on the appearence of the bandmembers: in WTRG, scott has blond hair, and trimmed sideburns. in D&B, he's sporting the red hair, of which there are also some pics in the DVD slideshow. in both, dean has long hair, which wasn't cut until sometime later in '93 i think. another clue is offered with the headbanger's ball performance of plush on the DVD, which was recorded in december '92. scott has a similar do as in WTRG, except his sideburns are longer, and there's a reddish highlite on top (which i didn't notice in WTRG).

if anyone has any ideas based on the available evidence, please share!  :)

Update: woohoo! i'm about 90.1% certain that the D&B clip is from April 1st 1993 in Frankfurt, Germany at the "Hatschkapp" venue. using the still-frame and image enhancement features of Win-DVD 5, i could make out most of the writing on the t-shirts of those hardworking security guards. there are three rows of letters on the backs of those t-shirts. the bottom row, easily seen in large bold print, reads "security". the middle row is very small, and illegible, however, based on the assumption that it is indeed the correct venue, i am fairly certain it says "frankfurt". the top row, written in cursive hardwriting, says Bat---kapp. this seems like a contradiction, but i am certain the first letter is "B" and not "H". so i believe that something like "batschkapp" is the correct spelling, and not "hatschkapp" as the BE concert chronology has it. *rik*: is there any way to find out the name of that old venue? some other clues that suggest a european show: first, the red hair belies a date close to the march '93 performance of mtv spring break, of which there is a picture in the BE picture archive. also, the small size of the venue doesn't quite seem appropiate for a major band like megadeth. last, featured prominately in the camera angle are what appears to be a group of beer bottles... nothing like rocking out with some cold brau  B)  ideas?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2003, 03:09:56 AM by Anonymous »

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Thank You Dvd Q&a
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 05:50:12 PM »
I would like to know when and where all of the live and bootlegs are from.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 09:25:23 AM »
Most are pretty obvious. . .

LIVE PERFORMANCE

Army Ants - The Centrum Worcester, MA 8/22/94
Interstate Love Song
Silvergun Superman

Crackerman - House Of Blues Las Vegas, NV  8/12/99
Plush

Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart - Rolling Rock Town Fair, Latrobe, PA 8/4/01
Hollywood Bitch
Long Way Home
Down

Meatplow - The House Of Blues, Los Angeles, CA 3/15/00
Tumble in the Rough
Sex & Violence

Wicked Garden - Sony Music Studios, New York, NY 11/17/93

Atlanta - Musique Plus Montreal, QB, CAN 8/20/00

BOOTLEGS

Crackerman - Roseland Ballroom New York, NY 8/3/93

Pop's Love Suicide - Madison Square Garden; New York, NY 11/25/96
Sweet Emotion
Big Bang Baby

Too Cool Queenie - Malibu House, Malibu, CA ??/??/01
Wichita Lineman

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 05:52:13 PM »
Most are pretty obvious. . .

LIVE PERFORMANCE

Army Ants - The Centrum Worcester, MA 8/22/94
Interstate Love Song
Silvergun Superman

Crackerman - House Of Blues Las Vegas, NV  8/12/99
Plush

Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart - Rolling Rock Town Fair, Latrobe, PA 8/4/01
Hollywood Bitch
Long Way Home
Down

Meatplow - The House Of Blues, Los Angeles, CA 3/15/00
Tumble in the Rough
Sex & Violence

Wicked Garden - Sony Music Studios, New York, NY 11/17/93

Atlanta - Musique Plus Montreal, QB, CAN 8/20/00

BOOTLEGS

Crackerman - Roseland Ballroom New York, NY 8/3/93

Pop's Love Suicide - Madison Square Garden; New York, NY 11/25/96
Sweet Emotion
Big Bang Baby

Too Cool Queenie - Malibu House, Malibu, CA ??/??/01
Wichita Lineman
Thanks for the info on the performances!
I was thinking more that they should've had them on the playlist next to the song or at the beginning of each video.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 06:28:46 AM »
Just a few observations:  
1)They cut the video for BBB short......I’m not sure why.

2)I remember when MTV news aired clips of the Madison square garden performance with Aerosmith, which were of much higher quality than the version found on the DVD......I wonder why they couldn’t find a better copy.  The reason why Pop's Love Sucide is so short, is the guy filming the show forgot to take the lense off the camera (or some techinal error happened) and there was only audio for first 3 minutes or so.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2003, 01:36:15 PM »
yeah, anyone who has seen the mtv rockumentary special on Stone Temple Pilots will recognize some of the stuff on the dvd... too bad they couldn't throw in some of the cooler stuff from that show, like clips of them as mjy.

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2003, 09:42:09 PM »
I now kind of wish I hadn't bought it.  Most of the stuff on the dvd I have seen before and I doubt I will ever listen to the cd.  I wish they had put out some unreleased stuff instead.  

I bought REM's second GH cd last week and the second disk is incredible.  That was worth the price of the double cd itself.  I wish Stone Temple Pilots would have done something different.  I am definitely not as into the band anymore as I used to be though
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Spin's Mini "thank You" Review
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2004, 06:11:36 PM »
Spin has managed to give Stone Temple Pilots a decent grade for "Thank You" and yet still manage to slam them...
The sound of a pheonix rising from the ashes, then immediatley lighting it's wings ablaze. Thank You chronicles the rise ("Sex Type Thing") and fall ("Wicked Garden") and rise ("Interstate Love Song") and fall ("Sour Girl") of California's finest faux-grunge-metal band. This is 63 percent awesome, 37 percent sad. B
- from what I think is the newest issue. Pg.104

*sigh*

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2004, 07:18:43 PM »
:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry
 B) its only his personal taste and he got sad taste but i respect his comments

:)

pumpkinrocker28

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2004, 07:30:25 PM »
B my ass, spin magazine needs to eat my balls. then again, all critics suck ass.
and in the eyes of a jackal i say ka-BOOM.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2004, 07:58:27 PM »
do you have their adress :angry:

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2004, 08:39:57 PM »
Stone Temple Pilots is an unicue band they stand on their own,listn to their music and you will know how good they are.
Every other band is a copy band of other bands,how can they say that core is a pearl jam copy,insult!.
spin mag,eat my shit!
vasoline,plush,down,wicked garden,interstate love song,sour girl and many more.these are one of the best you will ever hear.
spin mag you dont know what you are talking about :blink:

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2004, 10:21:21 PM »
Stone Temple Pilots is an unicue band they stand on their own,listn to their music and you will know how good they are.
Every other band is a copy band of other bands,how can they say that core is a pearl jam copy,insult!.
spin mag,eat my shit!
vasoline,plush,down,wicked garden,interstate love song,sour girl and many more.these are one of the best you will ever hear.
spin mag you dont know what you are talking about :blink:
what the fuck is unicue?

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2004, 11:58:12 PM »
I think he meant "unique".  :P  But anyways who cares what critics have to say? Does it ever really matter?...
~*~Candy~*~

walkingarazor

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/deathbedmotorcade
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2004, 12:40:06 AM »
I don't think those songs are bad...they're just as god as most ofthe others.