September 30, 2024, 04:23:05 PM

Author Topic: will there be a live dvd?  (Read 8176 times)

artinis1

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
will there be a live dvd?
« on: July 02, 2010, 09:26:45 AM »
from nick,

with both live in chicago and live in new york, has anyone heard if any of these shows will be released on dvd, any info is appreciated

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: will there be a live dvd?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 09:35:58 AM »
I hope these shows aren't released on DVD. I could, however, go for a brand new, never before released show.

One that will include the April 7th, 2008 performance, no doubt. That show is my holy grail.  I'm never gonna see it....
Bleeda blooda

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 02:59:58 PM »
Just wondering why STP has never released a live DVD?  So many other artists have. 

-Brandon
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

live2cd

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 05:27:41 PM »
yeah being that these have both been broadcast (well, one was on demand) and both been torrented on DVD, Id like to see a full show from this summers tour filmed for bluray release. id also like to see them put in a full 2+ hour set as well. everytime i see them i feel like their sets are getting shorter and shorter. i dont get that now that they have more new material, lol.
-Dewey

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 05:14:52 AM »
I'm still waiting for the entire pro-shot version of Live in Worcester 1994.

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 08:28:58 AM »
I hope these shows aren't released on DVD. I could, however, go for a brand new, never before released show.

One that will include the April 7th, 2008 performance, no doubt. That show is my holy grail.  I'm never gonna see it....

Do you mean as in a pro-shot of the 4/7/08 performance?
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 08:33:43 AM »

That would be ideal, but I haven't even been able to find an audience recording of it that's complete. Only what's on YouTube.
Bleeda blooda

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 08:40:10 AM »

That would be ideal, but I haven't even been able to find an audience recording of it that's complete. Only what's on YouTube.

I saw three available for trade at DBTree, one A+ and two B rating. I'll look at TapeTrader real quick.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 08:53:47 AM »
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I don't have much to give you in return, but I do have a show from 1993 in Fresno I could send you.
Bleeda blooda

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 08:54:13 AM »
@andrew - unless I did something wrong in the search (which I rechecked and didn't find any mistakes), TT has nothing from the show, audio or video. DBTree has the three, though the A+ is actually A, sorry. andrewivanhayes is trading two of the three, but he's not trading right now, or barely; you could ask him but I don't know what kind of answer you'd get.

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 08:55:24 AM »
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I don't have much to give you in return, but I do have a show from 1993 in Fresno I could send you.

That's very kind of you, I appreciate the offer. I don't have it though, and am not sure if the trade is possible. Would you like me to contact the guy with the B quality and see if he'd be interested in a trade?

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 09:00:04 AM »
Just wondering why STP has never released a live DVD?  So many other artists have. 

-Brandon

I wouldn't be surprised if it's production arguing (whether the STP guys have any involvement or not). My boyfriend's been wanting the "Black and Blue" concert for years - the 1980 performance with Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult - and to this day there is still nothing official. We've wondered if it's the same thing.

There's so much struggle in the music industry when it comes to merchandise, and sadly it's the fans who have to the suffering...which is ironic since we're also the purchasers. :(

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 09:04:19 AM »

That's very kind of you, I appreciate the offer. I don't have it though, and am not sure if the trade is possible. Would you like me to contact the guy with the B quality and see if he'd be interested in a trade?

That would be cool, though if possible I'd like to deal with stuff online instead of through the mail. The show is from 10/12/1993 at the Paul Paul Theater in Fresno. I dunno much about grading  the quality of the boot, though I'd say it's probably A- to B for the sound, and probably B+ for the picture. The taper filmed the screen as opposed to the actual band.
Bleeda blooda

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 09:17:04 AM »

That would be cool, though if possible I'd like to deal with stuff online instead of through the mail. The show is from 10/12/1993 at the Paul Paul Theater in Fresno. I dunno much about grading  the quality of the boot, though I'd say it's probably A- to B for the sound, and probably B+ for the picture. The taper filmed the screen as opposed to the actual band.

You are sooooooo like me...I way prefer internet transfer. I'm guessing this will be mail trade, but if it goes through we can try a torrent trade instead. I used to think it was always digital transfer, and really it should be...much cheaper, faster, more reliable, and no ripping off anyone.

For what you're offering, I'll check his list and see if he has it and if it would be valuable to use if he says he's interested in a trade.

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 09:23:38 AM »
@andrew - he has two STP files, that one and one CD-R. I'll offer him my files along with yours and see if he's interested.

How does that sound?

And, as said, if it goes through, you and I can discuss mail or digital trade when I get the disc.