September 30, 2024, 10:42:02 PM

Author Topic: Package price$$$  (Read 12959 times)

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Package price$$$
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 03:16:41 PM »
Reminiscing just now and watching the Rocumentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPtJIZ4xYz8&feature=related

Funny how in the beginning (after 1:00), they talk about how STP didn't tour with Aerosmith so tickets could be cheaper for fans. It was also said that they always look out for the interests of the fans.

Comments?
--Rob--

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 03:30:11 PM »
outside of the RIDICULOUS prices on the VIP packages I am surprised that the ticket prices are reasonable. I mean 15 rows from the stage dead center for $69.00 is amazingly inexpensive.
I just checked ticket prices for Lady Gagme and for the same seat in MSG-$179.50
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 05:47:39 PM »
If i was guaranteed to meet Scott I would pay the 500 bucks to do this

Why would anyone PAY to meet someone?? I'm asking a serious question.

I never understood it.

I can only speak for myself, but I carry a belief that I'll never be lucky enough to meet the band.  If someone tells me that I can drop $500 and be guaranteed to meet the rock idols that I worship, I'd give it serious consideration.  Is it insane?  Quite possibly.  But, if someone has an obsession and money to burn, I can definitely see the appeal to buy the privilege. 

I've had some very close encounters with Rob, Dean, and a couple of other rock stars- but I've never actually talked with them, and it's left me heartbroken.  I envy all of you that have met the guys, and I'd be willing to pay to become a part of that group.
Sin make me strong.

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 05:54:13 PM »
if you just wait outside the venue after the show you have a good chance of meeting at least one of them but you may have wait an hour or two. ive seen STP three times and everytime ive waited outside after, the first time i met dean, second time didn't meet any of them, and third time met all of them except scott, and it was all for free haha. so if you have the time to waste after the show just hang out there, its worth it.
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 06:00:49 PM »
15 rows for that prices isn't too shabby.  However, the people who did the fanclub presale were very lucky in the fact that the prices then jumped to $130 within 24 hours.  I don't get how they can bump prices after they have already gone on sale (even if just a presale).  I can't assume it was a "fan club special" thing because in 100% history, fanclub standard presales always had the same prices as the seats.  So for those who got the front orchestra for $69 definitely lucked out, because anyone else who is gonna sit even 10 rows behind you is going to be paying double that.  And THAT is outrageous.  I was surprised Orchestra tix were originally only $69 for a dry venue, that's almost setting yourself up to lose money on the event.

To Robschmidt: I have no doubt the band would ultimately look out for the fans' best interests.  I just think there's so much stuff that goes on behind the scenes and so much paperwork that flies by them on a regular basis.  I take the prices more as a LiveNation & FanClub foulup than an STP issue.  To the band, they may just care about making sure everyone who pays the fanclub has access to presale tickets that are decent.  Other than GA shows, that's been the case the past 2 years.  But the VIP packs and ticket prices are more likely stipulations in the deals that the band made with some of these companies.  Touring is really the only legit source of income for bands these days, so when bands have deals with LiveNation, LiveNation takes care of a lot of things for them like setting up dates & venues.  To stay afloat it seems lots of bands are making these deals with LiveNation.  The band makes their money, but they have to show up to said # of concerts with a lot of predetermined things like prices. 

But history has shown that the band will do what they can to make up for flubs.  (I.E. the PNC show debaucle of 08 led to discounts for the Jones Beach show in 09).  It's just sometimes hard to determine who's the actual boss in the deal.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 06:01:21 PM »
A price within reason I can see paying to spend time, talk, take a pic wiht my idols.  Not some fly-by though.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 06:11:52 PM »
if you just wait outside the venue after the show you have a good chance of meeting at least one of them but you may have wait an hour or two. ive seen STP three times and everytime ive waited outside after, the first time i met dean, second time didn't meet any of them, and third time met all of them except scott, and it was all for free haha. so if you have the time to waste after the show just hang out there, its worth it.

This is why I have to start going to shows by myself.
Sin make me strong.

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 06:13:09 PM »

To Robschmidt: I have no doubt the band would ultimately look out for the fans' best interests.  I just think there's so much stuff that goes on behind the scenes and so much paperwork that flies by them on a regular basis.  I take the prices more as a LiveNation & FanClub foulup than an STP issue.  To the band, they may just care about making sure everyone who pays the fanclub has access to presale tickets that are decent.  Other than GA shows, that's been the case the past 2 years.  But the VIP packs and ticket prices are more likely stipulations in the deals that the band made with some of these companies.  Touring is really the only legit source of income for bands these days, so when bands have deals with LiveNation, LiveNation takes care of a lot of things for them like setting up dates & venues.  To stay afloat it seems lots of bands are making these deals with LiveNation.  The band makes their money, but they have to show up to said # of concerts with a lot of predetermined things like prices. 

But history has shown that the band will do what they can to make up for flubs.  (I.E. the PNC show debaucle of 08 led to discounts for the Jones Beach show in 09).  It's just sometimes hard to determine who's the actual boss in the deal.

I definitely agree with everything you said. I'm sure most of the ticket stuff is out of their hands. Unfortunately, high prices and less accessible tickets often come with success. I want nothing more than for STP to sit atop of the music world (they already do for me and am sure they do for many here), so I'll just have to take everything that comes with it.
--Rob--

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 06:25:48 PM »

This is why I have to start going to shows by myself.

i hear ya, i remember when i saw VR back in 2004 i went with a few friends and i wanted to hang out afterwards and they didn't want to so we went back to the car. but i decided to leave, as i left the car scott was in a car and he drove by hanging out the window screaming (not in a bad way, it was wicked funny) at me, then when i got to the back of the venue i got to meet slash. when i got back to the car my friends were so pissed they missed out they wouldnt talk to me for the rest of the night hahaha
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 12:25:15 AM »

I never understood it.
I am not lucky enough to meet him on my own and I dont have the patience.. If I have the money I would spend it on meeting my future ex husband HAHA
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 12:59:36 AM »
I would feel pretty dorky paying to meet someone especially in the industry I want to be in, also I've gotten to meet Rob,Dean,and Eric among many noteable artists without having to pay to do so.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 01:49:52 AM »
I would feel pretty dorky paying to meet someone especially in the industry I want to be in, also I've gotten to meet Rob,Dean,and Eric among many noteable artists without having to pay to do so.

I agree. I never understood one human paying another human just to meet them. Not just musicians but even Athletes at like card shows.
I've been blessed to have met a lot of people I admire without ever shelling out a dime. (2/3 of STP included, I've never gotten around to meeting Eric yet believe it or not)
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 01:55:18 AM »

I never understood it.
I am not lucky enough to meet him on my own and I dont have the patience.. If I have the money I would spend it on meeting my future ex husband HAHA
So you realize that even shelling out a ridiculous amount of money for a "meet and greet" doesn't get you to meet Scott?

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2010, 02:41:18 AM »
I made that mistake with the ridiculous money a spent on the VR meet and greet...everyone was ther but scott =(  he didnt come to sound check either

I never understood it.
So you realize that even shelling out a ridiculous amount of money for a "meet and greet" doesn't get you to meet Scott?

♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 04:37:22 AM »

I never understood it.

Totally! I rather pay than stalk someone haha
I don't see the issue on paying to meet someone. It's not like your paying to meet your neighbor, a boring and ordinary human being. We're talking about the guys who create the music you love most in this world. Speaking for myself, it means A LOT. We are not all lucky enough to run into them at the mall or have the chance to wait outside the venue (simply because they left before you could escape from the crowd)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"