October 02, 2024, 05:33:31 PM

Author Topic: Did Scott make a good choice leaving vr?  (Read 8761 times)

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Did Scott make a good choice leaving vr?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 09:18:08 PM »
Scott leaving VR was definitely a good choice. They were a good band and he sung some great songs with them, but they were never a GREAT band. I wish all the guys in VR the best of luck (except for Matt Sorum ;D ), and if Scott ever reunited with them just for kicks to perform "Slither" or something, that'd be cool. I don't see them ever getting together to record another album though.
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 11:10:02 PM »
i think he made a good choice leaving the band and getting back together with his old band, i would like to hear other opinions from other people :)

I personally like STP better, though I did like some of VR too, so I would have to say yes.

I think Scott also suits better with STP because he seems to have more personal chemistry with the STP members than with the other band, a much closer friendship. He seems happier with STP, to me anyway.
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

Bipolarbear126

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 11:26:52 PM »
I was basically introduced to STP because of VR and for a long time, VR was the greatest band on earth for me. But then, when Scott left VR, I grew to love STP more and more. And looking back, Scott looks really misplaced among the rest of the VR band. It's like he doesn't belong there. To me, Contraband was Slash and Duff's influence on Scott and Libertad was Scott's influence on Slash and Duff. So, yes, Scott made a good choice leaving VR.
Cocaine. Alcohol. Lady-lay. Withdrawal.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 12:08:47 AM »
                   Everything happens for a reason. When VR came about I was pretty stoked and I loved VR all the way till the bitter end! There was nothing I didn't like about the band. But then when Scott left VR and soon joined back to STP I was very hopeful they would get together and make new music again like they are doing now. I've been a STP fan since the beginning but I never minded Scott being in VR. They had their day in the sun now it's STP's time again!!

8)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 12:09:14 AM »
I was basically introduced to STP because of VR and for a long time, VR was the greatest band on earth for me. But then, when Scott left VR, I grew to love STP more and more. And looking back, Scott looks really misplaced among the rest of the VR band. It's like he doesn't belong there. To me, Contraband was Slash and Duff's influence on Scott and Libertad was Scott's influence on Slash and Duff. So, yes, Scott made a good choice leaving VR.

That's kind of how it was for me too. I thought VR was AWESOME when they were together, but then once Scott was back with STP it was like "damn this is what he should have been doing for the last 5 or 6 years.
Bleeda blooda

Eijoo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 12:28:25 AM »
Scott did made a great choice leaving VR coz previously his relationship w/ vr 'cept for the vr bassist guy is already strained. he tell it to dean, then one of sTp's agent called up if they(sTp) could do something for a festival and from that on everything change. scott's no onger comfy in the vr camp...so and so...(=^;^=)
Songs are emotions in sonic form and I had a lot of emotions at the time. And each of those emotions inspires its own sound."- Scott Weiland on recording "12 Bar Blues" album

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 04:04:23 AM »

That's kind of how it was for me too. I thought VR was AWESOME when they were together, but then once Scott was back with STP it was like "damn this is what he should have been doing for the last 5 or 6 years.

Add me to that list. Without VR there will be no STP for me. VR was the greatest band back then. When it was over... well you know the rest. STP music has grown on me to levels that VR could never have reached. I love STP MUCH more than I loved VR (but VR will always be "special" just for being the first, so the sense of longing will never completely disappear).

Conclusion: Yes, good choice or however you wanna call it 8)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

melodyman22

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 04:56:53 AM »

VR is a better band. Why I

melodyman22

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 04:59:18 AM »

VR is a better band. I say that because Slash's and Duffs playing is much better then the Deleo brothers. Dont get me wrong the Deleos are great. Contraband is a classic, libertab is a very strong cd. With VR Scott had a more bad ass attitude and I feel Slash n boys made him raise his performances to a whole other level.

bluesuedeiztrad

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 05:57:50 AM »
hmm, i liked early STP over VR and i liked VR over the new STP album.

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 06:30:45 AM »
Scott leaving VR was definitely a good choice. They were a good band and he sung some great songs with them, but they were never a GREAT band. I wish all the guys in VR the best of luck (except for Matt Sorum ;D ), and if Scott ever reunited with them just for kicks to perform "Slither" or something, that'd be cool. I don't see them ever getting together to record another album though.

I think that if it wasnt for matt sorum, we could even have the VR 3rd album... and, for the "progression" they made til libertad.. that third album would have been FCKING GREAT.....  it could have be the album that consolidate the band sound and launch them again at the top.
BUT NO. it didnt happen
all because the mofo of matt sorum....arrhgghh....

Anyway, Scott belongs to STP and theres no other better place for him :D
Seems like you left me when you broke down

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 05:30:04 PM »
I can't imagine who wouldn't want to work with the Deleos. They seem like such good guys and as professional as it gets when it comes to rock musicians.