October 02, 2024, 07:20:13 PM

Author Topic: Did Scott make a good choice leaving vr?  (Read 8764 times)

week10

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Did Scott make a good choice leaving vr?
« on: June 06, 2010, 04:46:21 PM »
i think he made a good choice leaving the band and getting back together with his old band, i would like to hear other opinions from other people :)

Chewals

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Did Scott make a good choice leaving vr?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 04:51:45 PM »
I agree with you. Scott didn't really fit into VR musically. He's better off with STP.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 04:57:27 PM »
It wasnt a choice.  Scott was kicked out. 

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 04:59:44 PM »

He basically said fuck you guys I'm done with this band on stage. 

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 05:19:13 PM »
When they first broke up and Scott went back to STP I was really excited. But then he started singing Big Bang Baby live and i lost some of that. It seems like his vocals took a huge turn for the worse after he left...He's gotten a bit better recently if he can remember the lyrics but go watch the Myspace show from 2007, he's still not even to that level yet...and the VR show i went to seemed a lot longer than the STP show i went to...maybe not, just felt like it. I hate STP's small set list :(

And am i the only one who loved Libertad? I liked most of VR's library to some degree...I miss seeing those songs live.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 05:21:11 PM »

It was more of a "I quit", "You can't quit. You're fired!" situation. Scott said "This is the last tour of Velvet Revolver" before Slash and the boys 'fired' him. And if Scott went to them right now for a reunion; Slash, Duff, and Dave would all probably agree to at least a short term reunion.

That said, Scott deffinitely made the right choice quitting Velvet Revolver. Do you think Slash would be ok writing music like Dare if You Dare or First Kiss on Mars? Scott's an artist. He needs to be free to make the music he wants to make. STP gives him that and VR doesn't.

When  they first broke up and Scott went back to STP I was really excited.  But then he started singing Big Bang Baby live and i lost some of that.  It seems like his vocals took a huge turn for the worse after he  left...He's gotten a bit better recently if he can remember the lyrics  but go watch the Myspace show from 2007, he's still not even to that  level yet...and the VR show i went to seemed a lot longer than the STP  show i went to...maybe not, just felt like it. I hate STP's small set  list :(

And am i the only one who loved Libertad? I liked most of VR's library to some degree...I miss seeing those songs live.

Go find an MP3 of Big Bang Baby in 2001-2002. He was singing it like that before he even left STP.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:22:44 PM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 05:27:50 PM »
Go find an MP3 of Big Bang Baby in 2001-2002. He was singing it like that before he even left STP.

That makes me sad. It kinda ruins the song for me.

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 05:40:02 PM »

Hard song to sing

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 05:49:12 PM »

October 28, 2002: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FK0JHC7C
October 15, 2008: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YK20LDN2

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 07:04:05 PM »
It was more of a "I quit", "You can't quit. You're fired!" situation. Scott said "This is the last tour of Velvet Revolver" before Slash and the boys 'fired' him. And if Scott went to them right now for a reunion; Slash, Duff, and Dave would all probably agree to at least a short term reunion.

Yes... and no.  While Scott was done with the drama too, he also said that he planned on fulfilling their album contract. 

Regardless its semantics.  Scott belongs with STP, but I always enjoy a good side project as well. 

VR will never be the same without him, but that doesnt mean they can't grab another name and be successful.  Its just going to be very different. 

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 08:57:29 PM »
I would definetly say it was a good choice. He was obviously unhappy with VR and the feeling was mutual. He was also understandably unhappy with everything that was going down in his personal life. From most accounts the management was poor. So a fresh start seems to have been the best move for Scott. He absolutely belongs with STP anyway, granted whatever project he is involved in is amazing. As far as VR goes it could be interesting to see what they do next, but I would rather see them just leave it behind. I don't think anyone could replace Scott and I'm far more interested in other projects from Duff in particular. Loaded is an awesome rock band full of great guys. And I know some will disagree but I'd really like to see what he would do with janes. Prior Vr's obviously impending demise, I figured Slash at this point would be more suited for a Carlos Santana type carrer. He doesn't have to worry about clashing with any lead singers or bandmates much after all eh? Matt can enjoy his life as a cashier/fill in drummer and poor Dave is still one of the most underrated guitarists out there. I hope he finds a new project soon.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 08:59:43 PM by rockdude_unglued519 »

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 09:05:16 PM »
When they first broke up and Scott went back to STP I was really excited. But then he started singing Big Bang Baby live and i lost some of that. It seems like his vocals took a huge turn for the worse after he left...He's gotten a bit better recently if he can remember the lyrics but go watch the Myspace show from 2007, he's still not even to that level yet...and the VR show i went to seemed a lot longer than the STP show i went to...maybe not, just felt like it. I hate STP's small set list :(

Sorry to kinda double post but I still love Scott's vocals, but that myspace performance was incredible and You are notalone about Libertad I still think it's a steller album to go along with the rest of VR's material

artist151

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
  • Looking for inspiration
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 05:25:48 PM »
Scott isn't 80's.  Scott is now.  The guns n roses hair clan needs to stay on their side and the creative geniuses on the other. It was "cute" for a time, they need to get off his coat tails, their day is over.

Bugaha

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 06:06:39 PM »
Scott isn't 80's.  Scott is now.  The guns n roses hair clan needs to stay on their side and the creative geniuses on the other. It was "cute" for a time, they need to get off his coat tails, their day is over.

Only GnR wasn't a "hair" band. Nor was VR 80's music.

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 06:37:41 PM »

Since when are they on his coattails?

They're looking for a new singer not hassling Scott to come back...

Slightly off-topic - Is anyone else amused by how horrible Slash, Duff, Matt and Dave are at finding a singer? I understand it requires a bit of planets aligning but damn, that VH1 special was painful to watch haha