September 29, 2024, 10:37:15 PM

Author Topic: Presale Bullshit  (Read 16612 times)

lowlight10

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Presale Bullshit
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »
I'm surprised at how surprised everyone is that the fan club experience sucks.

first of all, this band disappears for years at a time. you dont pay $45 for a hit and run fan club. 

second, they flake on things all the time.  remember the "choose your setlist" bullshit a couple years ago?  they played the same greatest hits set at EVERY show on that tour.

third, didnt the same thing happen with fan club tickets last time? ridiculously overpriced and far from the best seats?

If I were you I would contact this "fan club" and demand my money back.  and in the future, dont join unless the fan club has been around for years and plans to stick around.

my .02

TurnToDust86

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • DL Live
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2010, 04:42:44 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what company is this fan club through?
Curt

Chips will only grow one shoulder at a time.

"You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." - Conan O'Brien

tcrgemini

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2010, 04:56:43 PM »
I'm not too pissed about the fan club thing.  After getting your voucher it's really only $15 and then you get first dibs on tickets.  I've ended up with great seats for a lot of shows so I'm not gonna bitch too much about it.  $70.00 for center pit isn't too bad.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2010, 05:17:45 PM »

fanfire. Same as in 08.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2010, 05:21:37 PM »
I am so ripshit about this whole thing my girl and I scored 5th row center for the Boston show but you know what? We didn't even need our presale code that we shelved out about the same amount of money that would be the cost of a normal priced tickets yesterday when we "upgraded" our fan club membership. I mean what in the blue hell is the point of the fan club or presale codes when the brokers get first dibs anyway?! As I've said we've lucked out in the past but this time really sucked. I know 5th row isn't really anything to turn your nose at but really? When I pay over $450 for a pair of tickets at 10 fucking AM, I sure as shit am hoping to be right up front! Well now I have 110 bucks to the store to buy shirts that are nowhere near quality of what my girls makes herself. Well maybe I'll order another copy of the new album and get it by like July or August if I'm lucky. Thank God the grammercy ordeal worked out so much better than it could have.

TurnToDust86

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • DL Live
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2010, 06:35:51 PM »

fanfire. Same as in 08.

Ah, no wonder! All of these complaints looked really familiar. I joined a fanclub for another band that was through Fanfire and it was the same shit. Crappy seats, completely disorganized presales, people not getting coupons/shirts, etc. It's a damn shame.
Curt

"You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." - Conan O'Brien

Crackergirl

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2010, 07:44:51 PM »
The email confirmation I got from Ticketmaster said I'd get my voucher via email in 3-5 business days so we'll see what happens...I haven't seen anything about how to get that audio download of the Chicago show.  I hope I didn't miss something that I was supposed to click on or something...
The girl got reasons...they all got reasons.

brucef56

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2010, 08:15:59 PM »
Fanclub Presale Rocks!

I scored 2nd row at Red Rocks. Those werent VIP tix either.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2010, 08:24:04 PM »
dude I just pulled up 2nd row at Red rocks  ;)  I don't think many people in CO were hitting up the presale!!
Which is a shame. I always wanted to see a show there!
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2010, 08:32:37 PM »
Fanclub Presale Rocks!

I scored 2nd row at Red Rocks. Those werent VIP tix either.

how did ya manage that not doing the VIP?
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

brucef56

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2010, 10:37:24 PM »
I bought 3 tix at 10am row 2 seats 22-24. Total came to $244.00 after all the fees and bs.
 See More       $67.50 = Rows 1-12 Reserved Seating
$55.50 = Rows 16-50 Reserved Seating
$42.50 = Rows 51-69 All $42.50 seating is General Admission

Just looked (4:15 CST)to see what was remaining. (I could only look for a single) and they still had a seat in row 2.... Was there for the 7/2/08 show-fantastic sound -sight lines(row 33 that time) .
If you ever get a chance GO TO RED ROCKS. I'm lucky enough to have a friend living in Denver.
Going back out in October for Alice in Chains (row 25)

You dont have to buy the Packages those are just an add ons. They probly did set aside some seats for the peeps buy'n the packages, But not the entire section.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:44:38 PM by brucef56 »

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2010, 10:51:39 PM »
wow thats awesome that they actually did it that way, you guys really lucked out with that. im glad not everybody got screwed over haha
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2010, 04:38:18 PM »
Statement from the band's management:
"We're glad so many of you are taking advantage of the pre-sale offer to get your free download of Stone Temple Pilots LIVE in Chicago, but we understand a number of you are frustrated because there aren't any dates near you. Don't worry! More North American dates will be announced soon and you will be able to get your free download of LIVE in Chicago then too! For any additional information, fan club access, and up to the minute tour dates visit http://www.stonetemplepilots.com"

TurnToDust86

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • DL Live
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2010, 06:28:01 PM »
Statement from the band's management:
"We're glad so many of you are taking advantage of the pre-sale offer to get your free download of Stone Temple Pilots LIVE in Chicago, but we understand a number of you are frustrated because there aren't any dates near you. Don't worry! More North American dates will be announced soon and you will be able to get your free download of LIVE in Chicago then too! For any additional information, fan club access, and up to the minute tour dates visit http://www.stonetemplepilots.com"

Awesome news. I'm hoping for a St. Louis date, or maybe Bloomington, IL. I can't make to this Chicago one since I already have tickets to another concert on that day. Never fails.
Curt

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2010, 07:03:41 PM »
I think they were planning a date in St. Charles, MO on 8/16
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy