September 29, 2024, 10:34:05 PM

Author Topic: Presale Bullshit  (Read 16611 times)

tcrgemini

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Presale Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 03:20:42 PM »
Got General Admission Pit tickets for Cincinnati.  I thought my pit days were over but here I go again. :o
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 03:24:51 PM by tcrgemini »

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 03:22:18 PM »
Got General Admission Pit tickets for Cincinnati.  I thought my pit days wore over but here I go again. :o

Everytime I try to get out....they pull be back in lol
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2010, 03:26:00 PM »
there are three packages but no prices listed. im not sure if you have to be in the fan club, but im guessing you do. the presale for that show start on the 10th so.
first one is:
  STP Exlcusive Photo Pass Package 

Package includes: 
  • One premium ticket located within the first   5 rows of the reserved section
  • Early access into the venue
  • Official photo pass (front of stage access,   first 3 songs)
  • Exclusive backstage tour
  • Official photo pass and backstage tour   laminate
  • Specially designed Stone Temple Pilots   concert shirt
  • Collectible tour poster (limited edition,   numbered) 
  • Set of official STP guitar picks 
  • $40 store coupon to the official STP online   store
second
  Backstage Experience Package 

Package includes: 
  • One premium ticket located within the first   5 rows of the reserved section
  • Early access into the venue
  • Exclusive backstage tour
  • Official backstage tour laminate
  • $40 store coupon to the official STP online   store

Premium Ticket Package 

Package includes: 
  • One premium ticket located within the first   10 rows of the reserved section
  • Commemorative tour laminate
  • $20 store coupon to the official STP online   store
$475 for the photo VIP
$350 for "backstage experience"
$225 for "regular VIP"

Yea. No.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

tcrgemini

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2010, 03:26:30 PM »
Got General Admission Pit tickets for Cincinnati.  I thought my pit days were over but here I go again. :o

Everytime I try to get out....they pull be back in lol

Seriously!  After a GA floor mess at a Foo Fighters show last year I swore I was DONE!  Oh well.  If my husband can do GA for a Mastodon show then surely I've got one more GA in me!

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2010, 03:26:59 PM »
Are you kidding?!?!  The price for the most basic VIP package is over $200 per ticket.  So horrible.

Especially since the tour page doesn't even hint at a presale for the Borgata show, I'm just gonna test my luck and do the radio presale tomorrow for Jones Beach.  Probably just do cheap seats too.  Borgata will probably be a little more $$ I'm sure.

It's very hard for me not to just sign up for the fanclub presale right now, but it's really rediculous.  If anything, just do 1 VIP package for the 1st 2 rows, and then let the real thing be just everyone gets equal presale access.

This really just benefits the people who are loaded and have minimal interest in the band, as opposed to diehards who are strapped for cash.

I looked today as well for Jones Beach just out of curiosity, but to pay for the fanclub and really only have Orchestra row 15-20 is fairly insulting.  Maybe it's just me.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2010, 03:30:30 PM »
I got the 15th row in A...so actually I'm not that upset.
But $225 after paying $45 for the renewal = $270. Are they insane??
We have thousands of houses in foreclosure on LI and they expect someone to pay that????

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2010, 03:32:12 PM »
this whole this is absolute bullshit, i feel so used. the only reason i went for the cheapest VIP tickets is because i have 2 extra tickets for Aerosmith at Fenway that i need to get off, so that pretty much cuts the ticket price in half for me so its not as bad, if i didn't have those extra Aerosmith tickets i wouldn't have been able to get the VIP tickets. but seriously these VIP prices are ridiculous!!!!!
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2010, 03:32:44 PM »
my venue is all gen ad, and it outside, yours are seated??
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »
Jones Beach is all seats. I'm just tired of the summer shed tours. Like with Jane's last year. We have a BIG BAD city full of nice size GA venues.
Which is why the Gramercy show was so special, not only because it was TINY it was GA.

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »
Jones Beach is all seats. I'm just tired of the summer shed tours. Like with Jane's last year. We have a BIG BAD city full of nice size GA venues.
Which is why the Gramercy show was so special, not only because it was TINY it was GA.

Agreed. They need to play the GA shows, but they try and make there money at the out door venues with the VIPs. I have to go to the Borgata show because its the only GA show in the area. I spent $120 on a tix last year and I bet I'll spent around $150 this year. I am more and more thankful for Gramercy each day.
--Rob--

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »
i know seriously why no GA?!? this VIP shit is not fair, i don't care about all the stupid backstage bullshit and shirts and poster i just want good seats!

hey by the way does anyone know anything about that free download we were all supposed to get?!?!?!
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

lowlight10

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2010, 04:17:15 PM »
did anybody get the free live "album" that comes with the presale?

and if so, can you tell us what is on it?  I'm sure its only part of the Chicago show, but interested to know how many and which songs.

thanks.

tcrgemini

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2010, 04:28:11 PM »
my venue is all gen ad, and it outside, yours are seated??

The venue in Cincinnati that they are playing only has GA in the pit.

lowlight10

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2010, 04:33:49 PM »
ah ha, nevermind...

Buy your tickets by June 23rd and we'll include Live in Chicago! 

Buy tickets online by June 23rd to see Stone Temple Pilots live,  and as a bonus, you will receive a never before released digital copy  of Stone Temple Pilots, Live In Chicago.

One download redemption code for each ticket purchased by June 23rd  will be emailed to you on June 25th. Offer valid for residents of the  US and Canada, for participating events only. Download links expire  August 31st. This offer has no cash value.

Crackergirl

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2010, 04:34:06 PM »
Are you kidding?!?!  The price for the most basic VIP package is over $200 per ticket.  So horrible.

Especially since the tour page doesn't even hint at a presale for the Borgata show, I'm just gonna test my luck and do the radio presale tomorrow for Jones Beach.  Probably just do cheap seats too.  Borgata will probably be a little more $$ I'm sure.

It's very hard for me not to just sign up for the fanclub presale right now, but it's really rediculous.  If anything, just do 1 VIP package for the 1st 2 rows, and then let the real thing be just everyone gets equal presale access.

This really just benefits the people who are loaded and have minimal interest in the band, as opposed to diehards who are strapped for cash.

I looked today as well for Jones Beach just out of curiosity, but to pay for the fanclub and really only have Orchestra row 15-20 is fairly insulting.  Maybe it's just me.

It's not just you - I totally agree.  I'm actually kinda pissed at myself for caving and paying for the stupid fan club, but I know my luck - if I tried getting tickets during the general public sale I would have gotten worse seats - if I got any at all - and kicked myself big time!  I hate the idea of having to pay to be a fan, especially when money is so tight.  Don't they realize how much money "real fans" spend on these guys already??  This Jones Beach concert will be my 11th STP show - I've contributed a pretty penny (haha) to being an STP fan without having to join a stupid club!   
The girl got reasons...they all got reasons.