September 30, 2024, 12:16:21 AM

Author Topic: Presale Bullshit  (Read 16616 times)

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP Concert Tix: To Join Fan Club or Not?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 05:14:03 PM »
Is it safe to assume that I'll get an e-mail before 10:00 a.m. tomorrow with the actual code itself?

When I was a member of the fan club last year, the code would be up on the tour page section of the website. I would then copy and paste that into Ticketmaster. I hope it will be there at 10am tom, but that still BS because then a few seconds are shaved off entry to the presale (yes every second matters when your dealing with ticketmaster). Nowhere on the website or that email I got this morning is there contact information.

Hold the phone!  They make the code available to anyone who visits the website?  It's not just e-mailed to paying fan club members?  Other band ususually send it all secret like in an e-mail.  Even Miley Cyrus (YEAH, SO I HAVE A 10 YEAR OLD!!) did the code on the down low.

And yeah, I've become a pro at the copy/paste/credit card info on file ticketmaster bs. 

No! Sorry for the confusion. On stonetemplepilots.com, you have to log-in. Once you are logged in then your code will come up. It's a bit confusing because they have a free membership and then the pre-sale membership. The only way you will get a code is if you paid the $45 no later than one year ago tomorrow.
--Rob--

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 05:16:48 PM »
I am so friggin pissed! This is absolute bullshit and a slap in the face to the diehard fans that do everything they can to be as close to the front of the stage as possible. Ya Atlantic has every right to make their money, but the lack of GA shows on the entire tour?! WTF! It's almost funny in some sick way considering how the label wanted to sue half of the band and possibly block a new recording not too long ago, and now are squeezing every dime possible out of STP fans. Well now the band is one of their biggest cash cows. I guess I should have realized how indicetive the show at the grammercy was. Ya know the label and executives and of course $$$ before the fans. I don't even know what else to say but good luck to all getting the seats us diehard fans deserve.

P.S. I really not trying bitter, I know I've been lucky enough to be in the very front for STP three times and Scott related shows many more times, but honestly as desperatly as I want to keep that going, I'd truly rather lose my spot there to one of you guys, ya know the average person as opposed to some rich fucker who wants to go get shit faced, do some coke, smack or whatever-thefuck and see " those guys they kinda remember that sing Plush"

Amen. Agree with every word you can say. Not to rub it into anyone, but I'm really glad I went to the Gramercy show. The lack of GA shows is ridiculous. Last time I went to the Borgata (09) it was GA, but tickets were $120. I guess I'm going to have to suck it up again in order to be front row. DISCLAIMER: DO NOT PURCHASE VIP TICKETS TO BORGATA IF IT IS GA. That would be a nasty trick played by the promoters, but I wouldn't be surprised.
--Rob--

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »
While yes $45 isn't a lot of money and you do get $30 back to use on merch however...
You would think in this ECONOMY where we are all pinching our pennies they would cut us a proverbial break with "join the fanclub, get presale" bullshit.
I'm watching my money, I don't have money to be flinging around on bullshit like I did 2-3 years ago.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 05:18:20 PM »
I am so friggin pissed! This is absolute bullshit and a slap in the face to the diehard fans that do everything they can to be as close to the front of the stage as possible. Ya Atlantic has every right to make their money, but the lack of GA shows on the entire tour?! WTF! It's almost funny in some sick way considering how the label wanted to sue half of the band and possibly block a new recording not too long ago, and now are squeezing every dime possible out of STP fans. Well now the band is one of their biggest cash cows. I guess I should have realized how indicetive the show at the grammercy was. Ya know the label and executives and of course $$$ before the fans. I don't even know what else to say but good luck to all getting the seats us diehard fans deserve.

P.S. I really not trying bitter, I know I've been lucky enough to be in the very front for STP three times and Scott related shows many more times, but honestly as desperatly as I want to keep that going, I'd truly rather lose my spot there to one of you guys, ya know the average person as opposed to some rich fucker who wants to go get shit faced, do some coke, smack or whatever-thefuck and see " those guys they kinda remember that sing Plush"

Amen. Agree with every word you can say. Not to rub it into anyone, but I'm really glad I went to the Gramercy show. The lack of GA shows is ridiculous. Last time I went to the Borgata (09) it was GA, but tickets were $120. I guess I'm going to have to suck it up again in order to be front row. DISCLAIMER: DO NOT PURCHASE VIP TICKETS TO BORGATA IF IT IS GA. That would be a nasty trick played by the promoters, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Borgata usually sells the tickets through THEIR website not ticketmonster/live nation. So all the "fan club" crap does not apply.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 05:18:42 PM »
Agreed - I've got a current membership and there is NO INFO on what these packages cost, how to purchase them, what my presale code is, NADA.

Greatest Rock Band Ever, but the Fan support is in need of some housecleaning...AND I OFFICIALLY VOLUNTEER TO DO IT!!!
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 05:52:35 PM »

Thanks for the tip bud I'll definatly consider it. It'd be a bit of a troop from Mass but to actually be in the front for my #1 band it'd be worth it.

brucef56

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 05:56:27 PM »
Here is the customer service phone# - select option 3- "all other fanclubs"
1-800-767-7160.
Not the most informed bunch. I got a different story every time I called.(4 or 5 times-dont think they like me anymore)
Supposedly each subscribed member will get a unique password.
Now whether there'll be a link on STP.com or Ticketmaster I dont know.
The presale begins at 10:00am venue time.
I'm traveling from Minneapolis to Denver to see the Red Rocks show, so I'm hoping for 25th row or better.
Good luck everyone scoring some decent seats
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:58:04 PM by brucef56 »

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 06:19:32 PM »
In 08 they were good with having the links through the tour page.  But they were really just links to ticketmaster.  So it doesn't matter either way.  However, they posted your presale code when you login the STP site and then go to the tour page so you'll have to go there first anyway to get your code.

I might just try and wait for the radio presales I dunno.  Plus unless ticketmaster/live nation get to work, it seems like only some of the shows will go on sale tomorrow.  The shows later in the tour (i.e. Northeast Coast shows might have a later date).

As for the backstage thing, they likely describe it the way they do because there's no guarantee.  There might be possibility of Dean & Rob or Eric walking around randomly (Scott I'm sure only shows up like 30 minutes before set time so I wouldn't hold your breath).  But you're basically paying for chance to be back stage (with all empty storage trunks and a bunch of roadies hanging out) and if someone pops up then good, but there's obviously no guarantee.

I really get pissed at some of these fanclub/vip things.  But I must say, atleast Aerosmith's which I've done once or twice back in the day, will have a package guaranteeing atleast orchestra seats for just above the standard ticket price with something a little special thrown in to atleast not rip off anyone (the super packs forget about they're the worst, but atleast there's the small pack) PLUS they go out of their way to throw a pre-show party for their members as well with food (buy drinks) and like trivia & games to win merch & signed stuff.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 06:22:18 PM »
Yeah as far as VIP tickets in a place like Borgata, you end up getting whatever extra perks, but your ticket winds up being one of the seats in the back of the venue.  I remember that trouble from 08/09.  Sure you get the luxury of your own guaranteed seat in the first 5 rows, but it's really the first 5 fows of seats behind the whole GA floor lol.

All the signs point to me just focusing on Borgata show and then maybe just trying to get cheap seats/best available for Jones.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

chloesdad

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 06:43:21 PM »
Not sure if this information will help anyone.  I was told that the codes from Ticketmaster for the STP presales were being loaded into the database sometime today - no specific time though and they SHOULD be accessible via the TOUR PAGE once you're logged in.  Hope this helps.

tcrgemini

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2010, 06:50:57 PM »
Is it safe to assume that I'll get an e-mail before 10:00 a.m. tomorrow with the actual code itself?

When I was a member of the fan club last year, the code would be up on the tour page section of the website. I would then copy and paste that into Ticketmaster. I hope it will be there at 10am tom, but that still BS because then a few seconds are shaved off entry to the presale (yes every second matters when your dealing with ticketmaster). Nowhere on the website or that email I got this morning is there contact information.

Hold the phone!  They make the code available to anyone who visits the website?  It's not just e-mailed to paying fan club members?  Other band ususually send it all secret like in an e-mail.  Even Miley Cyrus (YEAH, SO I HAVE A 10 YEAR OLD!!) did the code on the down low.

And yeah, I've become a pro at the copy/paste/credit card info on file ticketmaster bs. 

No! Sorry for the confusion. On stonetemplepilots.com, you have to log-in. Once you are logged in then your code will come up. It's a bit confusing because they have a free membership and then the pre-sale membership. The only way you will get a code is if you paid the $45 no later than one year ago tomorrow.

Phew.  Okay, gotcha.  I'll just keep checking that tour page then. 

morcegohoman

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 06:54:29 PM »

This is what happened in Manchester NH last year.
GA on the floor, but you got "seats within 10 rows" if you bought the VIP.
So, your view was worse than being on the floor, and you paid 3x as much, and got some swag.

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2010, 06:55:35 PM »
yeah i remember that i was like why am i gonna pay all this money to sit on the sides when i could pay less and be right up front
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2010, 07:20:52 PM »
so for the people who bought the fan club have any of you gotten your store voucher yet? me and my boyfriend just reupped our account and didn't get the email voucher yet, we called and they said it might take a while to get emailed, but ive heard so many people say they never get the email, and then when we click on account info if just gives us a blank page WTF? grrr

edit: well of course right as i posted this the email voucher showed up, but we still cant see our account info on the site
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:22:31 PM by toysintheattic »
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2010, 07:45:45 PM »
What a clusterfuck. I'm glad I don't have to deal with this bullshit for the European tour.

So how much do those different packages cost? I would think that the backstage one must be expensive.

Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.