September 29, 2024, 10:30:30 PM

Author Topic: Presale Bullshit  (Read 16610 times)

strykb

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Presale Bullshit
« on: June 05, 2010, 01:56:29 AM »
I'm planning on goint to the Wantaugh, NY (Jones Beach) concert with a couple of friends. I know it's an awful venue, but it's the only one I can go to. I was wondering how I can get the best tickets for a reasonable price. Is it worth joining the fan club for $40, or is that a waste. What is the best way to get Jones Beach tix? Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:25:10 AM by Ivy »

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: STP Concert Tix: To Join Fan Club or Not?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 02:15:29 AM »
I joined the fanclub and ended up missing the presale for the show I was going to.

If you're just going to join it so you can get presale tickets, don't bother. Just try and get them the day they become available.
Bleeda blooda

SPG900NY

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 04:12:07 AM »
Why is Wantagh an awful venue? I went to shows there throughout the '90s and it always meant "summer" to me -- catching a show over the water in the open air... The sound was always decent too, unless you sat way way in back. Then it tended to phase in and out with the winds, but still... What don't you like about it?

Wanted to catch this show there as well, but I will be up in NH that weekend. Oh well...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 05:18:28 AM »
I never signed up, I have heard a lot of people complain about it...
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

morcegohoman

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 03:10:09 PM »
Well, the email I got said presales begin on June 8th.

So, I'm all ready at 10:00am...and no presale codes.
Upon closer examination, Ticketmaster says presale begins on 6/9.
I just think whoever is promoting this band does a poor job.
From lack of displays for the new album in stores to "FANCLUB09" when you're buying in 2010.
I don't like stonetemplepilots.com either. Sure, it looks "flashy", but it's hardly functional.
Great band, sloppy support.

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 03:19:41 PM »

From lack of displays for the new album in stores to "FANCLUB09" when you're buying in 2010.
I don't like stonetemplepilots.com either. Sure, it looks "flashy", but it's hardly functional.

Presales start tomorrow. I just got an email from the band stating that. However, I do agree with all of the presale BS. Just do a general on-sale- I'd rather take my chances there. Your making die-hard fans pay this extra money for this presale "stunt." I guess if people are willing to pay it, then why not?? I still think it's extortion.

Where and when is this pre-sale code going to appear?

Mohegan and Borgata shows aren't listed on ticketmaster and on either of their websites.
--Rob--

morcegohoman

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 03:34:59 PM »

Presales start tomorrow. I just got an email from the band stating that. However, I do agree with all of the presale BS. Just do a general on-sale- I'd rather take my chances there. Your making die-hard fans pay this extra money for this presale "stunt." I guess if people are willing to pay it, then why not?? I still think it's extortion.

Where and when is this pre-sale code going to appear?

Mohegan and Borgata shows aren't listed on ticketmaster and on either of their websites.

Yes, this is exactly what I'm saying.
You buy the Fan CLub, and it tells you it's for '09 at checkout. So you worry for a second....
Then, the day of the presale, there is no presale (I didn't get an email!). But..at least it's tomorrow. Good thing I can be in front of my computer BOTH DAYS.
And...Mohegan and Borgata not even listed.
Too many questions to be answered, too little communication.
You'd think that the management of a band that is attempting a major reboot to their careers would get the little things right, and take care of the 17 year faithful first.

Another thing....Fan Clubbers are able to buy early. What do you bet the seats AIN'T GREAT? I remember last year there was a fan club package that promised seats "within 10 rows of the stage"....and it ended up being first 10 rows ALL AROUND THE FLOOR. What I mean is, you could be 3/4 of the way to the back of the building, but you were still in "row 2".

I saw what I would get for my VIP money and just rejected the seats chosen for me and bought GA.

morcegohoman

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 03:40:08 PM »
Haha! Guess what?
I did get my email telling me presales are tomorrow.

I got it at 10:06am TODAY, probably while searching for answers as to why I can't buy.

Thanks LATE NEWS! Another good example of not getting the little things right.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 03:51:51 PM »
I just got an e-mail about the presale and how if I pay $45 I'll get "early access" to tickets (which I've tried in the past and it was bullshit w/ bad seats.)  You'd figure, if you're getting the first crack at these tickets, you'd be able to get tickets up front.... not off on the side, or 20+ rows back.

Although... I'm kinda curious about the other part of the e-mail.  They list the 3 different VIP packages, the photo package, backstage package, and ticket one.  I wonder if you can meet the band on the backstage one, or what exactly it would entail.   Oh yeah... and there are no fucking prices!!!  WTF!
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 04:14:21 PM »
I just got an e-mail about the presale and how if I pay $45 I'll get "early access" to tickets (which I've tried in the past and it was bullshit w/ bad seats.)  You'd figure, if you're getting the first crack at these tickets, you'd be able to get tickets up front.... not off on the side, or 20+ rows back.

Although... I'm kinda curious about the other part of the e-mail.  They list the 3 different VIP packages, the photo package, backstage package, and ticket one.  I wonder if you can meet the band on the backstage one, or what exactly it would entail.   Oh yeah... and there are no fucking prices!!!  WTF!

I don't think there is any chance in hell you would be able to meet the band (definitely not Scott). The prices aren't on there for a reason. The third package listen (ten rows and guitar picks, etc) was the only one listed last year and that cost $180
--Rob--

tcrgemini

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 04:38:08 PM »
Is it safe to assume that I'll get an e-mail before 10:00 a.m. tomorrow with the actual code itself?

mrtootles

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 04:51:17 PM »
Plus, and I'm sure this was in the fine print somewhere when I bought pre-sale their last time around, but why should we have to shell out another $45 to "re-join" the fan club? That's incredible. I thought I was paying a one-time fee. Granted $50 isn't a gigantic amount, but it is about the same price as another ticket.

Eddie Izzard: 7/18, STP: 7/25, 8/31,
Beck: 8/25, 08/30, Radiohead: 8/25

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 04:56:54 PM »
Is it safe to assume that I'll get an e-mail before 10:00 a.m. tomorrow with the actual code itself?

When I was a member of the fan club last year, the code would be up on the tour page section of the website. I would then copy and paste that into Ticketmaster. I hope it will be there at 10am tom, but that still BS because then a few seconds are shaved off entry to the presale (yes every second matters when your dealing with ticketmaster). Nowhere on the website or that email I got this morning is there contact information.
--Rob--

tcrgemini

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 05:02:01 PM »

When I was a member of the fan club last year, the code would be up on the tour page section of the website. I would then copy and paste that into Ticketmaster. I hope it will be there at 10am tom, but that still BS because then a few seconds are shaved off entry to the presale (yes every second matters when your dealing with ticketmaster). Nowhere on the website or that email I got this morning is there contact information.

Hold the phone!  They make the code available to anyone who visits the website?  It's not just e-mailed to paying fan club members?  Other band ususually send it all secret like in an e-mail.  Even Miley Cyrus (YEAH, SO I HAVE A 10 YEAR OLD!!) did the code on the down low.

And yeah, I've become a pro at the copy/paste/credit card info on file ticketmaster bs. 

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 05:05:16 PM »
I am so friggin pissed! This is absolute bullshit and a slap in the face to the diehard fans that do everything they can to be as close to the front of the stage as possible. Ya Atlantic has every right to make their money, but the lack of GA shows on the entire tour?! WTF! It's almost funny in some sick way considering how the label wanted to sue half of the band and possibly block a new recording not too long ago, and now are squeezing every dime possible out of STP fans. Well now the band is one of their biggest cash cows. I guess I should have realized how indicetive the show at the grammercy was. Ya know the label and executives and of course $$$ before the fans. I don't even know what else to say but good luck to all getting the seats us diehard fans deserve.

P.S. I really not trying bitter, I know I've been lucky enough to be in the very front for STP three times and Scott related shows many more times, but honestly as desperatly as I want to keep that going, I'd truly rather lose my spot there to one of you guys, ya know the average person as opposed to some rich fucker who wants to go get shit faced, do some coke, smack or whatever-thefuck and see " those guys they kinda remember that sing Plush"