September 20, 2024, 01:06:10 AM

Author Topic: Tell Us: Your Favorite Album and Why (should be specific)  (Read 9293 times)

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Tell Us: Your Favorite Album and Why (should be specific)
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 05:44:31 PM »
My Vote is Tiny Music hands down!  My favorite album of all time, I love Scott's vocals on this record more than any other one.  They pushed the envelope with this one and it has my two favorite STP songs on it (Adhesive and And So I Know)  Brilliant! 

Worst album is Core!  If I want to turn my brain off I'll put Core on :)

They made the music THEY wanted, not what people expected of them.

See, that's exactly what I think about Tiny Music. It was so wildly different from their previous two albums, and their most collaborative, I think.

See I feel Tiny Music and SLDD were albums they wanted to make and STP was reverting back to what people wanted.  Robert even said he wanted to make a record that people wanted to hear.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 05:49:34 PM »
I guess im the only one who voted foe the new guy.

Its mainly my fav. because its new, its really good and Ive been listening to it daily since its been leaked and Im still enjoying it, like  I will in a bit when I head out and itll be spinning in my car. 8)

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 05:52:06 PM »

Its mainly my fav. because its new, its really good and Ive been listening to it daily since its been leaked and Im still enjoying it, like  I will in a bit when I head out and itll be spinning in my car. 8)

I agree the new album is AWESOME!  TM is my fav then Sldd, Purple, STP are neck in neck for 2nd.  ahhhhhhhhh   Core and No.4 blew out a tire :)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 06:03:22 PM »

I wanted to man. I really wanted to. But Purple has a really special place in my heart. Self Titled is certainly my second favorite at the moment, though.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Chewals

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 06:55:10 PM »
I'd have to say Stone Temple Pilots. In my opinion, every song on Stone Temple Pilots is pure awesome-ness. I also think it's their most honest album yet, and Scott's song writing has evolved. Drug addiction isn't the main topic anymore. And, this album is their best flowing album since Tiny Music. The cover art's nice too. :)

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 10:18:01 PM »
Purple

I can't put into words how much I adore this album. It's not only my favorite STP album, but my favorite album of all time from the artwork right down to the liner notes. There's a nostalgia factor that goes with the album as well. From the grinding guitars of "Meatplow" to the southern rock of "Interstate Love Song" to the explosive chorus of "Big Empty", the album's a winner. "Kitchenware & Candybars" is my favorite closer and the end chorus still gives me chills and I still think that "Still Remains" has one of the best chorus hooks of all time. For me, this album will never be surpassed by anything the boys put out. And I'm okay with that.

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 05:28:03 AM »
My Vote is Tiny Music hands down!  My favorite album of all time, I love Scott's vocals on this record more than any other one.  They pushed the envelope with this one and it has my two favorite STP songs on it (Adhesive and And So I Know)  Brilliant! 

Worst album is Core!  If I want to turn my brain off I'll put Core on :)

They made the music THEY wanted, not what people expected of them.

See, that's exactly what I think about Tiny Music. It was so wildly different from their previous two albums, and their most collaborative, I think.

See I feel Tiny Music and SLDD were albums they wanted to make and STP was reverting back to what people wanted.  Robert even said he wanted to make a record that people wanted to hear.

Good karma for your avatar!

"Believe it or not, I'm walking around, I never thought I could trick or tre-e-eat!"
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 05:33:43 AM »

Even though I'm almost 2 weeks into listening to the album, I still can't give it a place in the order of favorite to least-favorite. That's not an indicator to how high or low it'll place, I just need more time to absorb and compare it to the others. Gun to my head, I'd put it 4th, after TM, Purple and SLDD. My top 2 and last place (Core) stays the same, but the rest of the list varies depending on mood, etc.
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

Unglued

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »
I voted Purple.  This is my favorite album of all time, period.  It is a musical opus from front to back.  For me Tiny Music is a close second.  I love where the band went on this album.  It is probably their most dynamic album IMO.  After that it is tough... I have been listing to STP/STP like crazy and it is becoming one of my favorites but I am still going to put No.4 here.  The first 4 song just kick your ass.. and I love it.  After that the album just keeps coming at you.  I will put the new one here.  I am sure we are sick of reading reviews from us posters on this one so I will just say it could move up the list, I have even come around on FKOM.. a song I didn't care for at first but am starting to listen to with regularity.  Next up is Core.  I mean in almost seems weird to have it this "low" but this is an STP list and I can't have it above the ones listed so far.  Obviously Core is a legendary album and just rocks out for about 52 minutes.  My least favorite is SLDD.  I feel this album has its moments and is a great album, just my least favorite of STP albums.

futiletrains

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 04:20:04 PM »
While i do think that Purple is the definitive statement SLDD is my personal favorite. It has plenty of crunch (Dumb Love, Coma, Regeneration). A few wonderfully arty tunes (Hello It's Late, Bi-Polar Bear). The usual pop masterpieces (Days Of The Week, Hollywood Bitch).Song For Sleeping and Wonderful both tear me up every time i hear them.

Add to that the fact that its  perfectly sequenced (truly an underrated aspect of great records)

this is also the era when i met the boys (got my cd signed at tower records) so that may or may not have something to do with it.  ;D
Brother is a Hoochie Coochie Man... you'll never see me comin'... a Rolling Stone covered in moss... a mess of trouble and a light in the dark. Catch me in the ethers, i always share my clouds.

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 04:55:18 PM »
No. 4 as it is the most hard rock of them all and to listen to it, you just want to get your air guitar or drums and bop along to the songs.
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

huckleberrycrumble78

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 09:11:34 PM »
I love them all but I would say my favorite is Purple. It came out my sophomore year of high school. I remember it was a beautiful June day on Southern California and me and my then girlfriend skipped school to go to the local music plus store to pick up the new album. We then went to my house which was empty as the folks were at work and just blasted the CD and well, you know.  That was a big deal for us since neither of our folks would ever let us hang out alone or even go into each other’s rooms when we were visiting (probably for good reason). While I love all their CD's the memory of that June day is always something that makes me smile and Purple was right there to be the soundtrack to that great day!

anSTPfan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 10:13:56 PM »
I love them all but I would say my favorite is Purple. It came out my sophomore year of high school. I remember it was a beautiful June day on Southern California and me and my then girlfriend skipped school to go to the local music plus store to pick up the new album. We then went to my house which was empty as the folks were at work and just blasted the CD and well, you know.  That was a big deal for us since neither of our folks would ever let us hang out alone or even go into each other’s rooms when we were visiting (probably for good reason). While I love all their CD's the memory of that June day is always something that makes me smile and Purple was right there to be the soundtrack to that great day!

wow, thats really awesome man.

DadaelusJones

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 08:57:07 AM »
Hard for me to choose between No 4. and SLDD. I love the raw energy of No. 4 but the songwriting and the pop sheen of SLDD is like sex + caramel. Ultimately I chose No. 4 because of the memories I associate it with -- bonfires on a beach in Galveston with the college crew, smoking bud and mad chillin', completely oblivious to this  sometimes shit storm that is adult hood.

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 06:03:57 PM »
No. 4 for its balance between In Your Face Rock Songs and Beautiful Ballads :) Atlanta must be the best closer Ive ever heard.

In terms of a Positive album id go with Stone Temple Pilots :) But No. 4 has rock, psychedelia (No Way Out) and beauty all in one :) A raging album that mellows down perfectly towards the end :D