September 30, 2024, 02:21:53 PM

Author Topic: Introduction, cha-cha-cha  (Read 4325 times)

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
Introduction, cha-cha-cha
« on: June 03, 2010, 04:55:56 AM »
Hello, everyone!

I was happy to discover there was an ACTIVE fan site for my favorite band about a year ago, but only joined the forums this past weekend.

A little history of my STP fandom. I was one of those people who thought Eddie Vedder and Scott Weiland were the same person when the video for "Plush" came out. But I must have mentioned out loud that I liked one of the songs STP had on the radio at one point, because after Purple was released, a friend of mine gave me an extra copy (he got 2 for his birthday). I listened to it, and I loved it!

It's been a tumultuous relationship with the band. I've only successfully made it to see them live once. Every other time, something got in my damned way. I'm excited they've given us a new album, and I've been listening to it every day, over and over, since it came out a week ago.

A little about me: I'm recently married, albeit to a non-fan, but she makes up for it by being an otherwise fantastic person. We have 2 cats who are indifferent to everything I do, which includes my listening to music.

A pet peeve: I was first exposed to this at the one and only time I saw STP live. When the band plays Plush, and Weiland sings "Will she smell alone" for the first time, almost the whole audience goes into the chorus ("When the dogs do find her"). And I hear it every time I see or listen to a live recording of the song. I mean, it's arguably their most well known song, and all these people are supposed to be fans, they should be able to get it right. I might be alone in this, but hey. I'm all about sharing.

My favorite STP album: Tiny Music...
My favorite STP song: (tie)Adhesive/Seven Caged Tigers
What else does STP stand for: Scientifically Treated Petroleum which, incidentally, wouldn't be such a bad band name itself.
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

Only_dying

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction, cha-cha-cha
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 05:01:14 AM »
Quote from: "CharlieBoston"
Hello, everyone!

I was happy to discover there was an ACTIVE fan site for my favorite band about a year ago, but only joined the forums this past weekend.

A little history of my STP fandom. I was one of those people who thought Eddie Vedder and Scott Weiland were the same person when the video for "Plush" came out. But I must have mentioned out loud that I liked one of the songs STP had on the radio at one point, because after Purple was released, a friend of mine gave me an extra copy (he got 2 for his birthday). I listened to it, and I loved it!

It's been a tumultuous relationship with the band. I've only successfully made it to see them live once. Every other time, something got in my damned way. I'm excited they've given us a new album, and I've been listening to it every day, over and over, since it came out a week ago.

A little about me: I'm recently married, albeit to a non-fan, but she makes up for it by being an otherwise fantastic person. We have 2 cats who are indifferent to everything I do, which includes my listening to music.

A pet peeve: I was first exposed to this at the one and only time I saw STP live. When the band plays Plush, and Weiland sings "Will she smell alone" for the first time, almost the whole audience goes into the chorus ("When the dogs do find her"). And I hear it every time I see or listen to a live recording of the song. I mean, it's arguably their most well known song, and all these people are supposed to be fans, they should be able to get it right. I might be alone in this, but hey. I'm all about sharing.

What else does STP stand for: Scientifically Treated Petroleum which, incidentally, wouldn't be such a bad band name itself.

Welcome to the board! I'm the same in the respect that I frequently checked the forums for 3 years until I joined ..and man I wish I could see them just once, I may get my chance at Brixton If I can get the money.

Congrats on your marriage btw :) I'm liking your fav album choice too ;)

About the audience singing the chorus too soon.. I've also noticed this and thought wtf man do they put the chorus on repeat and fuck the rest of the song? lol

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 05:07:15 AM »
That's funny, every STP concert I've been to I've noticed the people screwing up after the first chorus.
Bleeda blooda

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 04:23:36 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
That's funny, every STP concert I've been to I've noticed the people screwing up after the first chorus.

I suppose in the grand scheme of things, there are worse things that can happen at a concert.

sbuxreg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/sbuxreg
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 05:19:05 PM »
welcome to the site. you'll find no better source for STP info and convo anywhere on the net! glad you could join us!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 05:17:36 AM »
Welcome! you cracked me up with pet peeve, but it's so true. A welcoming karma  ;)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 04:21:13 PM »
Welcome! you cracked me up with pet peeve, but it's so true. A welcoming karma  ;)

Right back atcha.

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 12:56:05 AM »
Hello, everyone!

Welcome. :)

I can totally relate with the active forum comment...so many cool forums I'd find, just to also find they're either barely active or just plain a dead forum.
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...