September 20, 2024, 04:36:27 AM

Author Topic: In YOUR opinion, what are the "Filler" songs on this album?  (Read 20452 times)

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: In YOUR opinion, what are the "Filler" songs on this alb
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 02:52:42 AM »
'Samba Nova' ends it on a better note...I agree. 'Maver' is NOT filler and has a place on the album. I still think 'Bagman' is the filler song.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 03:38:15 AM »
I will never get the hate for Bagman.  That song kicks so much ass.  There so much swing it's infectious, especially during the verses.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 04:19:23 AM »
For me, I like the versus and bridge for Bagman, it's the chorus that kills it for me. I suffer through "Bagman honey/Bagman sugar" for the rest of the song. As for Peacoat, it's okay by me. I don't really consider any of these throwaways. Of course, the lbum still has the new car smell, so it's all good to me for now. Once the honeymoon's over, I think we'll all settle into our own conclusions about the songs.
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

Freely Standing

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 04:19:48 AM »
No filler on this album which is a STP first, there might not be a Plush, ILS, or Trippin' on there either but this sounds like the best overall effort of their career.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 04:31:25 AM »
BTL, HC, HD, DIYD, Peacoat, FAIC, FKOM.
If you only knew..

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 04:37:18 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"

Are you saying you think those are fillers? That's more than half the album, if you don't take into consideration any bonus tracks!
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

TheOnlyRuss

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 05:02:06 AM »
I was kinda thinking of this the other day.  This album seems to be weird for me.  At first I was not all that impressed (Much like i was for SLDD)  My thought was, "Well, not one song REALLY sticks out for me."  And I wanted to know why.  But after listening to it A LOT.  This may be my third favorite album behind Tiny Music... and Purple.  I can't really think of a filler.  Only Bagman hasn't really set it on me. I think my problem was that I was searching for songs that could be single material, but really most of them could.  So nothing stuck out for me.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 05:11:38 AM »
Quote from: "CharlieBoston"

Are you saying you think those are fillers? That's more than half the album, if you don't take into consideration any bonus tracks!

oops I misread this... Those are actually my fav. songs on the album.
If you only knew..

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 05:13:42 AM »

haha u read filler as killer?

i'd say the only song i'm not completely sold on yet is peacoat. there's still something disjointed and not cohesive about the verses to me...always has a chance to grow on me tho
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 05:19:06 AM »
My definition of Filler is a song that I believe the band got lazy on. So with that i'll Say Peacoat...As much as i hate Cinnamon and Bagman they are just not my style and not filler to me cause they are complete unlike Peacoat which is like 1 minute of cool and 2 minutes of like Yawn.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 05:21:34 AM »
Quote from: "Slither"

haha u read filler as killer?

i'd say the only song i'm not completely sold on yet is peacoat. there's still something disjointed and not cohesive about the verses to me...always has a chance to grow on me tho

Lol yes!

Maver ugh i have given it so many chances!! I'm in love with FKOM though!! And yea Peacoat was a grower... I don't like the way it starts but I love the verses.
If you only knew..

jackworx

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 05:43:24 AM »
I really enjoy the entire album. I got the deluxe version and actually skip the live version of Vasoline more than anything. Not that I don't like classic STP, it just doesn't fit to me.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 06:30:02 AM »
For me its fast as I can... I just cant get into it and dont think it fits in the album which is weird because i was expecting to love it.   im not big on bagman but its definitely not filler.  They put alot into that song it seems to me
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 06:49:17 AM »
Quote from: "Purple"
For me its fast as I can... I just cant get into it and dont think it fits in the album which is weird because i was expecting to love it.   im not big on bagman but its definitely not filler.  They put alot into that song it seems to me

I think scott got lazy on the verses on Fast as I can...but i freaking love the bridge thing...it just makes the entire song for me and makes up for the slightly lame verses.

Eijoo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 07:30:46 AM »
i dont think there are any filler on this new album. every song is meticulously arranged, crafted and well planned. think robert have this album in mind even if it wasnt recorded yet...(=^;^=)
Songs are emotions in sonic form and I had a lot of emotions at the time. And each of those emotions inspires its own sound."- Scott Weiland on recording "12 Bar Blues" album