September 12, 2024, 03:54:36 AM

Author Topic: 2010-09-05 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center  (Read 19139 times)

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-09-05 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2010, 04:04:38 AM »
I would take all the jamming and BS between the songs over another entry into the setlist any day.  C'mon, this is a rock show.  Let the guys go up their and pull shit out of their asses and make music.  Let the creative juices flow.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

peronim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2010, 03:31:47 PM »
Was I the only one disappointed by this show?  I drove an hour and half to see them in holmdel because I knew the venue was so good, but it was the worst show I've seen them do.  And I was there last time they played there.
They sounded fine when they were playing music for he most part, but it was ridiculous the amount of BS that was going on between songs. 

Wow are you kidding me, but hey I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion..but listen I used to always think why can't they play longer shows, deeper cuts, etc. but that is just not STP...They are more of a lightning in a bottle type live act...They are going to play their hearts out from start to finish and give you a straight in your face rock and roll show...And are you kidding me you're going to go by other "fans" reactions?? What an absurd statement. I guess PLUSH was the best song of the night since it got the best reception?? haha Anyway this is my 13th time seeing Scott between VR/solo/STP and this is probably one of the best if not the best I've seen him...not to bash any negative reviews of the show but don't start giving examples of people leaving because when my section saw people leave early they all got booed

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2010, 04:44:48 PM »
...not sure how you can say that they sounded better 2 years ago at PNC.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

stpfreak

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2010, 05:17:25 PM »
This was my 16th STP show.  I too was at the PNC show 2 years ago and as Goldstein says it in Harold and Kumar "You know the Holocaust? Picture the opposite of that!"  The band was really cohesive and tight.  They were laughing and talking to the crowd.  Yes there were some extra jams but we were also treated to a bit of a Led Zeppelin song before they played Dancing Days.  I do think Pretty Penny sounds better acoustic but I will take what I can get.  And I got a great concert!

As for people leaving early, that always happens.  Do I ever leave, hell no.  But some people want to get out of the parking lot early.  Fine with me since it usually lets you get a little closer towards the end.  Also that kid you ran on stage, he stood next to me for a bit as he made his way towards the stage.  He looked like a fool and was a jerk standing in front of people as he got closer.  I loved how he was basically ignored by the band once he got on stage.

Best of all, I am almost 4 months pregnant and I was happy to know that my future baby can say it went to an STP show. 

Curtis1158

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2010, 12:29:22 AM »
To each his own. I would think that most would welcome a show like the one at the PNC. Loose banter and tight music. STP is not a cookie cutter band. This is half of the beauty of this band. Unpredictable RnR. To me, this was an unbelievable show to attend. Where's the recordings of this one? This was a much different type of show. Ripping things off on the spur of the moment.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2010, 08:29:00 PM »
Quote from: n25philly
If you are going to play such a short show why fill a good 20 minutes of it playing random garbage when you could play a few more songs.  I know on my way out I heard at least a dozen people complaining.

random garbage?? anytime a band improvises it's never garbage...you must really not appreciate live music and how a band jams...dumbest statement I have heard in awhile.

And people that leave shows early to beat the traffic are douches.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2010, 02:41:40 PM »
This was the best concert I have seen them do since they reunited!  Everyone on this board can also attest to the fact that I have been a harsh critic of their live shows the last 3 years.  The jamming and the feel of the band on stage that night was unbelievable.  They truly looked like they are starting to enjoy each other on stage again.  Still Remains, Silvergun Superman, Pretty Penny, Heavens and Hot rods, and cinnamon!  These are not songs you hear them perform very often and I was honored to hear them live!  I think our boys are back BABY!

As far as being a worse show than the debacle two years ago, that is just plain silly.

bonebroke

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2010, 05:03:56 PM »
I'm disappointed I'm not going to see them on this tour. They need to come to northern California. Still Remains is the only song I REALLY want to see that there's actually a chance of it happening. But no money & no dates in my area. They haven't played in San Francisco since reuniting.....
they have played the Bay Area twice since reuniting (Greek Theater in Berkeley and Fox theater in Oakland last October). They're playing Warfield in SF on Nov 1.