October 03, 2024, 10:34:28 PM

Author Topic: 2010-08-28 - Pittsburgh, PA - First Niagara Amphitheatre  (Read 14949 times)

hadmaq

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-08-28 - Pittsburgh, PA - First Niagara Amphitheatre
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 08:34:40 AM »
I don't know who's fault it was, but I do know the guitar, bass, drums, and even robert's backing vocals were blasting, but scott's vocal was non existent.  That tends to make me think something wasn't mixed right.  Maybe they had a mix they didn't know they were responsible for because there is a whole different set of speakers on the lawn in addition to hanging stacks on either side of the stage.  This is coming from someone who plays guitar in a band that plays clubs regularly and has run house sound for other rock bands before.

Zanedog

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2010, 09:44:21 AM »
My first time posting here, but man this concert rocked. Feel bad for all of the lawn people, but I was in Section 3 row H which was the second closest row to the stage. Damn this concert was great, and just hearing them sing Dancing Days was worth it. Ive seen many concerts (GNR 3 times, Waters, Metallica, Aerosmith, ZZ top, Van Halen twice, AC/DC to name a few) in my 16 years, and this was one the most enjoyable of them all.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2010, 01:50:14 PM »
SCOTT WEILAND's classic rant regarding the lip-synching allegations: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_MF5c9qII

Enjoy,

You knew he was going to address it lol

btw...what did that twatter mean by "raping my childhood" what exactly does that mean??
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

bshea2k5

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.UltimateRockGods.com
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2010, 02:57:08 PM »
heh... glad you guys found my video! it was a phenomenal show. They played a lot of great songs and sounded amazing from the center rail. The whole band was just....on. Scott sounded great and moved much better than the last time I saw them in 2008. The band was much more interactive despite a slightly lackluster crowd. I did hear a LOT of people complaining from the lawn that the Pavilion's sound system wasn't playing vocals outside of the pavilion, which is a definite problem, but not one that the band is responsible for.

They played a good mix of hits (Trippin, STT, Plush), concert staples (Crackerman, Wicked Garden), less known fan-favorites (Heaven & Hotrods, Still Remains, Pretty Penny) and covers (Dancing Days and the beginning of We Will Rock You).

Oh and Dean gave me his guitar slide  ;D
http][/url]

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2010, 03:15:20 PM »
here is a review from the paper, he talks about the vocal issue and the noodling between songs

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10241/1083561-388.stm

Crap, crap... one more article to forget about :P Thank God for STP fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2010, 04:19:20 PM »

i say blame VC regardless...

Thanks man!

heh... glad you guys found my video!

Thanks for the vid!  Let me know if you ever grow tired of the slide!

All the haters on TWITTER can STFU.  I'm sorry that you bought a cheap LAWN ticket and the VENUE'S GEAR is probably degraded - next time purchase a ticket somewhere closer to the action.

I for one am VERY HAPPY that SW has addressed the whole "Cincy Fall" BS...way to go Scott!
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

hadmaq

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2010, 04:54:05 PM »

I'm sorry that you bought a cheap LAWN ticket and the VENUE'S GEAR is probably degraded - next time purchase a ticket somewhere closer to the action.

When you come up with a new amphitheatre design let me know.  Because there are 7100 seats in the pavilion and there were 7100 people filling them.  I would have happily paid and sat in the pavilion.  Not too easy getting 12 seats together in reserved seating from ticketmaster either, which is the number of people that were with me.  Much easier to bring a blanket and chill on the lawn.

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2010, 05:06:29 PM »
SCOTT WEILAND's classic rant regarding the lip-synching allegations: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_MF5c9qII

Enjoy,

You knew he was going to address it lol

Thanks Dean for cutting it short btw!!!  Good on you Scott!
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

Crackerman11

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2010, 04:36:21 AM »

Everytime I see them I think this is the best I have seen since they started back.

Scott was definitely singing his head off. Sucks that people couldn't hear in the back, but I could hear loud and clear. Have to blame the venue on that. Loved that they play still remains, see the video I took below. Iphone 4 takes nice videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8KCmLKJX74

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2010, 05:07:21 AM »
It sucks some of you couldn't hear Scott, that's a total let down, I'm sorry. I've been there before, it happened the same to GNR this year and it feels horrible.

heh... glad you guys found my video! it was a phenomenal show. They played a lot of great songs and sounded amazing from the center rail. The whole band was just....on. Scott sounded great and moved much better than the last time I saw them in 2008. The band was much more interactive despite a slightly lackluster crowd. I did hear a LOT of people complaining from the lawn that the Pavilion's sound system wasn't playing vocals outside of the pavilion, which is a definite problem, but not one that the band is responsible for.

They played a good mix of hits (Trippin, STT, Plush), concert staples (Crackerman, Wicked Garden), less known fan-favorites (Heaven & Hotrods, Still Remains, Pretty Penny) and covers (Dancing Days and the beginning of We Will Rock You).

I think I saw your tweet about Dean's slide ;D Thanks for that video.
I love when Scott shuts some mouths, that "lip-synch" thing was so ridiculous...

Loved that they play still remains, see the video I took below. Iphone 4 takes nice videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8KCmLKJX74

Thank you for that beautiful minute. I guess if I ever listened to Still Remains live I'd faint
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

DeathBedMotorcade

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2010, 07:30:53 PM »
I brought a casual fan of STP to the show and I kind of understand where they were coming from about it being kind of lackluster.  I love STP and just seeing them live is enough for me but Scott just seems gone at this point.  His voice is just strained and he seems like he is on something again.

I know he won't be the same 20 something that use to bounce around the stage and damn near hit every note perfectly.  It's just his voice can't grab you anymore on the older stuff when it's played live.  Trippin sounded awesome and seemed to bring everyone alive in the audience.

On a lighter note did anyone actually go see Cage the Elephant open up?  We were  just partying in the parking lot and didn't see many people out on the lawn.

Great show as always in my eyes but damn I wish I could have seen them live in like '93/'94

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 03:51:23 PM »
Different ticket versions:

Crew shirt from the show (no , I was not on the crew):

Pick:

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2011, 03:58:49 PM »
how did u get a crew shirt?
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2011, 08:03:38 PM »
I made an offer of $20 to a member of the crew and he took it. Figured it was cheaper than a tour shirt and kind of unique. btw, he did not give me the shirt off his back, he ran back and got one that apparently was going unused for the show. Still washed it when I got home.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2011, 12:37:46 AM »
Does Dean use a black pick? I have an orange one
adhesive love