October 03, 2024, 10:36:00 PM

Author Topic: 2010-08-28 - Pittsburgh, PA - First Niagara Amphitheatre  (Read 14952 times)

hadmaq

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-08-28 - Pittsburgh, PA - First Niagara Amphitheatre
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 06:43:15 AM »
The first 1 hr and 20 min of the set I didn't hear a single lyric.  You could barely hear Scott even between songs when the band wasn't playing.  It was like all of the instrumental versions of the songs.  Then, right as we were getting ready to leave, they started playing Down and the vocals came through loud and clear.  We got to hear a total of 5 songs with vocals...bummer.  2 before the encore and the 3 encore songs.  They should fire the sound crew, i thought they had the mute on scott's channel and didn't realize it
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 06:49:27 AM by hadmaq »

ryannayr22

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 07:08:31 AM »
hey all, im new here and i was at the pittsburgh show tonight. fifth time i have seen the band and maybe one of the better shows. I cant disagree more with the sound. i was in sec 5 and could hear scott's vocals clear as day as well as the rest of the band. if you were in sec 4 or 9 the sound may have sucked. i was suprised scott addressed the lip syncing accusation and there was no doubt the words were coming straight from his mouth tonight. my only complaints about the show were cage the elephant's set was plagued with bad mix and for stp it was cinnamon and the long jams before unleashing some great songs. all in all a great show!

ryannayr22

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 07:12:47 AM »
here is a review from the paper, he talks about the vocal issue and the noodling between songs

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10241/1083561-388.stm

cheapsurprise

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 07:13:58 AM »
hey all, im new here and i was at the pittsburgh show tonight. fifth time i have seen the band and maybe one of the better shows. I cant disagree more with the sound. i was in sec 5 and could hear scott's vocals clear as day as well as the rest of the band. if you were in sec 4 or 9 the sound may have sucked. i was suprised scott addressed the lip syncing accusation and there was no doubt the words were coming straight from his mouth tonight. my only complaints about the show were cage the elephant's set was plagued with bad mix and for stp it was cinnamon and the long jams before unleashing some great songs. all in all a great show!

Well at least it was good from where you were. I'm sure pumped for my show tomorrow! Welcome to the board guys.

cheapsurprise

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 07:17:02 AM »
Doesn't sound like a very good review. Maybe they'll change the setlist around if Scott noticed that it was quiet. Ahh well, great stuff anyway

hadmaq

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 07:21:07 AM »
Yeah,  I talked to a few people in the pavilion and they didn't seem to notice.  The lawn, however, had no vocals whatsoever.  I've never seen half the lawn leave 50 min into the main bands set.  I was just sitting up on the hill watching cars cars drive out of the parking lot.  I felt bad for the band because without the lawn being involved it really did kill their momentum.  It was also sad because the 5 songs the sound crew got right at the end sounded amazing.

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 07:34:14 AM »
Sorry to those who were unable to hear very well... I was in Section 6 and the mix was phenomenal... By far the BEST modern day STP show that I have seen... next to the 1st club show following the 2008 Reunion at The State Theater in CLE.

SW and the boys were on fire tonight... I particularly enjoyed the SW rant regarding 'pre-recorded backing vocals'... It was very 2000-esque, in terms of well-spoken, wittiness... Made for a wonderful segwey into my personal favorite, "Wicked Garden"

Again, to those who were disappointed with the shortcomings of the venue's PA system... Thats really unfortunate, because tonight's show was one for the ages...

cheapsurprise

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 07:39:31 AM »
This guy on twitter had a meltdown during the show. I'm guessing he couldn't hear anything and totally misunderstood what was going on:

Have I tweeted lately about how Stone Temple Pilots broke my heart tonight lately? Oh. I have. OK. Thanks. I'll have another, please.
about 2 hours ago via Tweetie for Mac

So sad.
about 3 hours ago via Twitterrific

@chrismpadgett Nah. It was dirtier than that. They bent my childhood over the kitchen counter.
about 3 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to chrismpadgett

@graemac1 His career is screwed. It's not his fault, but he's ruined. It was absolutely terrible.
about 3 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to graemac1

@mtschiappa Scott Weiland did more to rape my childhood tonight than George could ever dream of.
about 3 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to mtschiappa

@kennywouldgo I will. Don't worry.
about 3 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to kennywouldgo

For everyone asking: Scott shit the bed, the Deleos pressed on out of anger. They should have pulled a Guns and Roses and stopped.
about 4 hours ago via Twitterrific

And I thought Attack of the Clones raped my childhood... #stonetemplepilotsmeltdown

I wouldn't be surprised if the tour ended tonight. :^(

Well, STP crashed and burned. Thanks Scott. This is the first concert I ever left. Also happens to be one of my a favorite bands...

HOLY SHIT!! There doing a "fuck you singer" jam... I'm in the twilight zone. #stonetemplepilotsmeltdown

I'm crushed.
about 5 hours ago via Twitterrific

There are no words to describe what I'm witnessing...

This is going to get bad...

What the HELL is happening?

I'm witnessing Scott Weiland melt down in front of 10,000 people... Like bad. Oh my God.

hadmaq

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 07:47:01 AM »
Yeah, no it wasn't Weiland's fault at all.  You could tell he was singing his heart out, but it wasn't getting through the PA system.  I think they were jamming a bunch because they knew there was a problem and were trying to give the sound crew time to figure out what the problem was

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 07:50:32 AM »
SCOTT WEILAND's classic rant regarding the lip-synching allegations: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_MF5c9qII

Enjoy,

cheapsurprise

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 07:50:54 AM »
So they were jamming more than they do at most shows? Most nights they'll do 2-3 jams before/after certain songs

hadmaq

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 07:58:52 AM »
They played the intro to Dazed and Confused from Zeppelin for a bit, they played some jazz thing, they played the chords to a Peter Frampton song for a bit, did a pretty long jam when I was down a the customer service desk trying to figure if they knew they had a problem, the group of people in front of me let me know they did, and they did a few other short little things

Silvergun Doughboy

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 08:08:21 AM »
Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting here. I was at the Pittsburgh/Burgettstown show tonight. Unfortunately, I was in the lawn, and yes, you could not here any of the lyrics until Scott said "Pleased to meet you", right before Down started. Having said all this, I thought the band absolutely rocked tonight!! This is the 4th time I've seen the band seen 1999, and they were as good as ever to me. People on the lawn were pissed and yelling to have Scott's mic turned-up. I didn't let it bother me. I was stoked for the show, and I had a blast. The column from the Post-Gazette is wrong and way too harsh. Scott was singing. You could tell even with all the mic problems. The crowd sucked. There were not many people, or not as many as I anticipated. Anyway, for those going to future shows, don't let any of this negativity affect your excitement. The band was great. Besides, the mic problems shouldn't have bothered anyone. If you are a true STP fan, you should know the lyrics and sing along. I did, and it was awesome.

Silvergun Doughboy

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 08:12:00 AM »
I forgot to add my highlights of the show. STILL REMAINS was outstanding and absolutely caught me by surprise. SILVERGUN SUPERMAN was great too!! Also, I didn't expect Heaven & Hot Rods. I love that song, and it was great to hear live.

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 08:19:37 AM »
SILVERGUN DOUGHBOY comes out blazing!!!!

BANG, BANG, BANG... know the lyrics and sing along with SW & SD...

welcome to the dysfunctional family!!!!

why are we blaming STP's crew for problems within the VENUE's PA system?

that's like me renting VC's house for the night and throwing big party... the breaker in the house goes down and i get blamed by the attendees... damn BE members

am i (aH.) really to blame as the single-night lessee or is the property owner (VC) to blame as the lessor?

i say blame VC regardless... but really why is the crew to blame??? 

especially when the mix was phenomenal... as heard to the immediate right of the board in Section 6.