September 19, 2024, 08:29:09 AM

Author Topic: 2010-08-25 - Cincinnati, OH - PNC Pavilion  (Read 12601 times)

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-08-25 - Cincinnati, OH - PNC Pavilion
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 04:24:49 PM »
We better get something better than the typical STP setlist with the 4 new ones sprinkled in!  I mean I love STP to death but even I hesitated to buy these tickets for that price... IMO theres no reason for them to be that expensive.
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

purplestpgirl

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 06:01:04 PM »
im actually going to skip out on this show because of the price... =(

wesjett08

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 03:08:46 AM »
I plan on going but only if I can get some reasonable ticket prices, My girlfriend has never been to a live show so I think this is a good one to start her off on.

:)

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 02:14:23 AM »
We better get something better than the typical STP setlist with the 4 new ones sprinkled in!  I mean I love STP to death but even I hesitated to buy these tickets for that price... IMO theres no reason for them to be that expensive.

Riverbend in general is kind of a cheap bitch when it comes to ticket prices. Sure they'll offer the four packs for cheap but then they'll charge individual lawn tickets for over 35 dollars.... it's just bullshit.

But as i previously stated in my columbus post..... somebody has to start a mosh pit with me for this show. I want to Mosh to this band. i still haven't yet and i need to after seeing one at the Indy show but my GF at the time wouldn't let me go.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 02:18:53 AM by thefrontman55 »

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 09:21:22 PM »
Just a week away!  After seeing the setlists from the previous shows Im so excited to see them again!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 09:55:10 PM »
I would LOVE to see this show...but, the price is WAY to high. I have a son going into college this year and money is TIGHT, Guess i will try to win tix from local radio. The setlists that have been popping up make it even harder on me knowing i can't go. Maybe they will release a concert DVD of this tour.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

live2cd

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 04:44:14 PM »
cincy's on deck AND there are plenty of seats left according to Ticketmaster.com (and the high prices, im sure)
-Dewey

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 05:31:48 PM »
Im going to be getting there early today in hopes of getting front row in the pit up against the rail!  Ill post a review here tomorrow!  If theres anyone here thats going do you have any idea where the tour bus may be parked so I could try to meet the band?
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 07:27:16 PM »
Im going to be getting there early today in hopes of getting front row in the pit up against the rail!  Ill post a review here tomorrow!  If theres anyone here thats going do you have any idea where the tour bus may be parked so I could try to meet the band?

I'm not going and am not familiar with the venue - but you have to be a damn idiot to miss STP's bus.  lol.  I wouldn't exactly say that they're traveling incognito - it's bright red, has the album on it, and is plastered with various photos of Weiland, the boys, and their logo.  It's completely hystercial.  :)
I'm fairly sure they're traveling on four busses - each band member having their own.  I know that Kristen and Duke are tagging along with Rob, so I'm ASSUMING they have their own bus.  Eric and Scott have had their own for several years now - nothing new there.
Best of luck on meeting the boys!  Several of us hung out by the busses in Cleveland, but the guys left immediately - no luck for us!  Have fun at the show!!

Edited to add:  I'm wondering if, because they have their families with them, THAT is why they haven't been coming out to sign after shows.   ???
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:28:47 PM by STPGurl »
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 05:01:29 AM »
ok so show tonight was great but the best night of my life was ruined..... This is so embarassing to even tell..... So that guy who got up on stage too early..... was ME....... I knew i wasn't supposed to go up, but everyone told me to go and was pushing me and even the security guards helped me up. when i got up i was so confused..... so was scott clearly...... When a security guard told me to come over. He told me "What the FUCK are you doing up here, the band didn't tell you to come up there" i argued saying but everyone pushed me up there, but he kicked me off..... So yeah.... my inability to wait, the fact that everyone was pushing me, and a big fucker in a black shirt ruined the greatest moment of my life...... Needless to say I'm embarrassed, ashamed, pissed, and overwhelmingly sad....... I probably looked stupid and i sure as hell do feel like it.... seriously... i mean... i cried a bit..... i've never felt so embarrassed.

cheapsurprise

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 05:12:46 AM »
ok so show tonight was great but the best night of my life was ruined..... This is so embarassing to even tell..... So that guy who got up on stage too early..... was ME....... I knew i wasn't supposed to go up, but everyone told me to go and was pushing me and even the security guards helped me up. when i got up i was so confused..... so was scott clearly...... When a security guard told me to come over. He told me "What the FUCK are you doing up here, the band didn't tell you to come up there" i argued saying but everyone pushed me up there, but he kicked me off..... So yeah.... my inability to wait, the fact that everyone was pushing me, and a big fucker in a black shirt ruined the greatest moment of my life...... Needless to say I'm embarrassed, ashamed, pissed, and overwhelmingly sad....... I probably looked stupid and i sure as hell do feel like it.... seriously... i mean... i cried a bit..... i've never felt so embarrassed.

Aww, dude that could happen to anybody. Everybody is scared of that happening to them and often times people can't enjoy the moment because they are so worried about screwing up. You've got one hell of a story that in my opinion is more memorable than the dozens of people who have gotten up and done it normally. I know you'll be upset about it but it could honestly happen to anyone.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 05:34:07 AM »
What did u go up there for??  Did u get in trouble?
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

cheapsurprise

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 05:35:20 AM »
I was assuming he was referring to getting onstage to do the intro for Dead and Bloated but I could be wrong

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 06:10:49 AM »
Yeah I was referring to dead and bloated during the encore. Yes the story is a good one I will give you that! Oh well, I'm sure ill get a chance to do it right.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 06:24:03 AM »
thefrontman I saw you and i was wondering why scott started it off himself...  But Regardless GREAT show!  The boys were ON!  I got high fives from Rob and Scott and caught one of Rob's picks (but somehow lost it on the way home!!!)  And managed to outwrestle two other guys twice my size for the setlist!!!!  Scott fell off the stage during crackerman and it looked pretty bad so I was worried but he kept singing from the floor haha!  Same setlist as the previous shows... I think Dare has been permanently dropped...

Scott checked out right away and Rob and Eric were with there families... Dean came out an hour and a half after the show and I got my setlist signed by him.  Super cool guy and I met some super cool people there.  I was the 18 year old in the plaid shirt front row against the rails in the center!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011