October 01, 2024, 08:28:31 AM

Author Topic: Samba Nova  (Read 9360 times)

UnclePeppi

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Unofficial Samba Nova is Way Better Than Official Release
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 10:53:14 PM »
anyone else agree? the unofficial "mastered" version someone made years ago blows away the version on the deluxe album. weiland's vocals are way more clear and his melody is better. i can't even listen to the new one.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial Samba Nova is Way Better Than Official Release
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 11:57:53 PM »
I always felt the vocals in the chorus in the older  version were mixed too low. I can't say I've listened to it much since we got the new ones.
Bleeda blooda

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 12:23:55 AM »
I really don't think the difference is anything to worry about at all. You really can't listen to the new version?! The differences between the two versions are minor at best
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 03:21:31 AM »
The older version is way more better bcuz it has this kind of distortion in every instrument and vocals.. wich i like a lot :) the new version is cleaner in that aspect. Btw, can anyone please inbox me the old version? and "you cant drive me away"" :( :( :( ?
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 05:32:58 AM »
No, I like both. Don't think there's an important difference.
Plus the pleasure of listening to Samba Nova coming out of a CD blows away ANY digital version
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 04:56:02 PM »
I can't really tell much of a difference to say one is better then the other.

Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

therealcaptain40

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 02:40:03 AM »
I have to agree that the older version is better.  While we're on the subject, does anyone else feel that it's kinda lame and a ripoff that Samba Nova was even included in the deluxe edition? The song is nearly a decade old and we've all heard it, it's nothing new. They should've put a true new song on there in it's place. Also, the live version of Vasoline should've been replaced with something else because Vasoline was on the Family Values live album.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 05:56:15 AM »
I have to agree that the older version is better.  While we're on the subject, does anyone else feel that it's kinda lame and a ripoff that Samba Nova was even included in the deluxe edition? The song is nearly a decade old and we've all heard it, it's nothing new. They should've put a true new song on there in it's place. Also, the live version of Vasoline should've been replaced with something else because Vasoline was on the Family Values live album.
Yeah I agree it would've been cooler if it was a brand new song instead of a new version of Samba Nova, but whatever I'll take anything STP puts out there
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 05:09:37 AM »
But then we would be saying "I wish they release a remastered version of the outtakes, they're just too cool for so low quality"
Besides, I like the idea of the "common" version being the whole album. Not everybody can afford the deluxe and it's not available for everybody either. So new songs out there and being able to get just the common is like having an incomplete puzzle. I don't see it as a rip-off instead I see it as respect for the fans. Because we know deluxe editions are "new fashion" to get as much as it's possible from die-hard fans (who buy everything they can)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 12:46:52 PM »
I do hear a difference between the two but I think the real difference is the bootleg Samba Nova was better or more "special" was because it was a bootleg. It was something real diehard fans had that the moderate or casual fan didn't have.

well for me anyway.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

bluesuedeiztrad

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: Why Samba Nova?
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 04:23:15 AM »
Samba Nova > Cinnamon

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 06:55:48 AM »
Samba Nova> everything ^_^

bluesuedeiztrad

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 02:17:23 PM »
I wonder if they are together another 10 years, they will put out a bossa nova album.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2010, 03:29:23 PM »
I wonder if they are together another 10 years, they will put out a bossa nova album.

your post to gods ears lol I love bossa nova. And I have always loved Samba Nova
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

bluesuedeiztrad

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2010, 04:15:13 PM »
The Deleo Brothers are pretty versatile. I know I will be shun for this, but they are kinda like the Jimmy Page of our era.