September 19, 2024, 10:16:41 PM

Author Topic: Ultimate Guitar interviews Dean DeLeo  (Read 8488 times)

Meat Plow

• Arrival
  • Pick a song and sing a yellow nectarine...
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Guitar interviews Dean DeLeo
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 09:20:10 PM »
Thanks for the link - for me personally, it's so cool that Dean talks about Mick Taylor who I think is the most underappreciated musician in the history of the Stones.

I grew up listening to my mom's copy of Goats Head Soup - that album is seriously underrated imo.

I think Dean is underappreciated too, everybody talks about Slash or Jimi Page, and, yes they are very good guitar players but Dean is one of best guitar player, his style is unique!!!

I fully agree. I think when "critics" overlook his talent, it is usually because Dean's "versatility" gets confused with "derivative". That's a mistake. Every legend was a disciple of a legend before him.  The same could be said of Rich Robinson (Black Crowes). 
If I had a feminine side, I'd play with it all day.

stp4ever

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Guitar interviews Dean DeLeo
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 12:35:44 AM »
I'm so glad they brought up Army of Anyone...I'd love for them to make another record.

Oh. totally. I would love another AoA record. I bought the old one twice (I got the physical CD signed by the band and the iTunes version w/ bonus songs). I really regret not seeing them live when I had a chance.

I wish there was a way we could show our support for that project--something to convince them to get back together. I would gladly pay top dollar to see them perform live. It's such an awesome combo of Richard's powerful, extremely dynamic vocals mixed with the detailed technical prowess of the Deleo brothers, then topped off with Ray's concussive drumming. The album just had a ton of interesting textures to it all over the freakin place. Totally loved the band.