September 28, 2024, 10:36:41 PM

Author Topic: How many Cd's were in the display?  (Read 11137 times)

onecagedtiger

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: How many Cd's were in the display?
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2010, 01:57:33 PM »
Springhill Florida, Target 945am
5-6 Reg, 2 Deluxe on new releases, none in aisle.    

I hope everyone realizes that the odds of the CD selling like Purple or Core are slim... music is different now, and while I want them to set records with sales, I will be happy with a Top ten bow, and consistant sales.  The Target I was at didnt have a whole lot of anything on the new release rack, so I dont know if its the demographic (it was a wrinkle feast in the store when I was there) or what, but I would think in bigger metro areas (New York, LA, etc) stores will have more.

stpfreak

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2010, 02:05:34 PM »
The Target in Princeton NJ had 3 copies of the regular album in the Pop/Rock section.  Everything in the new release end cap was a few weeks old.  I will be interested to see where it will be this weekend.
I did go at noon so I wonder if any deluxe edition was already sold out.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »
Target in Calumet City, Illinois. Went right in. It was in the new release section with the re-release of Exile On Main Street and Backspacer. They had a handfull of the regular and the deluxe version. I didn't see a display or anything for it. I was more excited that the Target gift card that I accidentally washed and found was worth $60!
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010, 02:33:09 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Went right in.

And did it feel good, man?  ;D
Bleeda blooda

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 03:07:19 PM »
Went into HMV in Truro in Cornwall, England on Monday morning.

There was a large amount of STP CDs in the new release section right next to the main door. Was quite surprised, thought i'd have to go to the rock section since hardly anyone has even heard of STP round here. I'd be amazed if it placed inside the top 50 for it's first week of release.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 03:43:09 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Went right in.

And did it feel good, man?  ;D

Haha. It sure did :)
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Pruno

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 04:02:36 PM »
HappyGirl,
I am in Birmingham, too, and the new Super Target on Hwy 150 not only did not have the album on display, they didn't even have a STP section in the Rock/Pop section.  I asked some 16 yr old kid to check in the back for the Target exclusive CD/DVD combo and he comes back out with the single disk album.  I told him to go back in the back again and look for the CD/DVD combo.  He said he didn't have any or could'nt find any.  I somehow knew this was going to happen after reading so many posts of Target Blows, but I kept hope that maybe they would have the sense to have it on display on the day it comes out.  But, alas, I was screwed and pissed off.  I told the kid that he needed to get the box of single discs they had in the back and put them on display like they should be and walked out.  I'm going to try the other Target on Hwy 280, and if they don't have it I'm going to Best Buy.  Screw Target.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2010, 04:06:50 PM »
The Target I went in to had 6 regular editions and 0 deluxe. I may go to 1 other store but I'm not about to go on a wild goose chase for this fucker. If I don't find it at another one close to me, I'll buy it online from their website.
Take it.

Pruno

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2010, 07:43:52 PM »
Does the Digipak at Best Buy have a booklet?  Gold Foil?

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2010, 07:47:31 PM »
There was no display at my local Wal-mart. I went to the new releases display, but that was almost entirely Justin Bieber and Kid's Bop. I went to the pop/rock section. There were just two Thank You discs in the Stone Temple Pilots rack. I looked down and found 2 copies of the new STP album in the Barbara Streisand rack.

Yeah.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 07:51:35 PM »
Quote from: "stpfreak"
The Target in Princeton NJ had 3 copies of the regular album in the Pop/Rock section.  Everything in the new release end cap was a few weeks old.  I will be interested to see where it will be this weekend.

I went to the one in Princeton yesterday and had them get me the Deluxe version out of the back room.

stpfreak

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2010, 08:06:54 PM »
Quote from: "Stpilots98"
Quote from: "stpfreak"

I went to the one in Princeton yesterday and had them get me the Deluxe version out of the back room.

Argh!  I knew that would happen.  I tried to find someone to look for it but no luck.  Glad you got lucky and nice to meet you NJ STP fan.

happygirl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2010, 09:05:08 PM »
Quote from: "Pruno"
HappyGirl,
I am in Birmingham, too, and the new Super Target on Hwy 150 not only did not have the album on display, they didn't even have a STP section in the Rock/Pop section.  I asked some 16 yr old kid to check in the back for the Target exclusive CD/DVD combo and he comes back out with the single disk album.  I told him to go back in the back again and look for the CD/DVD combo.  He said he didn't have any or could'nt find any.  I somehow knew this was going to happen after reading so many posts of Target Blows, but I kept hope that maybe they would have the sense to have it on display on the day it comes out.  But, alas, I was screwed and pissed off.  I told the kid that he needed to get the box of single discs they had in the back and put them on display like they should be and walked out.  I'm going to try the other Target on Hwy 280, and if they don't have it I'm going to Best Buy.  Screw Target.

I checked at the Hwy 150 store first. Same story as yours.

The guy called the Bessemer store and asked them to hold one for me.

I was very disappointed in both stores.

But when it was all over, I got my deluxe CD. Hope you find one soon!   :)
So one and one and one make three
                                  And it changed

Jedi

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2010, 09:08:59 PM »
I got 1 of the 2 remaining Deluxe editions at Best Buy yesterday...it was on sale for $15 and the regular was on sale for $9.99...there were a ton of those, but only 2 Deluxes left.

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2010, 04:54:49 PM »
Its June 1st and Stone Temple Pilots hasn't arrived yet here in India :(