September 19, 2024, 06:35:13 PM

Author Topic: STP T-shirt design Contest  (Read 5424 times)

stpchris

• Arrival
    • View Profile
STP T-shirt design Contest
« on: May 25, 2010, 03:30:18 PM »
So I know it was posted on the main page a while ago, but designbyhumans.com is having an STP t-shirt contest...you should vote....and while you're at it, vote for my shirt on the site, at the link below! I'm a longtime fan, and I created this shirt specifically for this contest...any help would be great!

http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/73562

morcegohoman

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP T-shirt design Contest
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 03:49:30 PM »
Quote from: "stpchris"
So I know it was posted on the main page a while ago, but designbyhumans.com is having an STP t-shirt contest...you should vote....and while you're at it, vote for my shirt on the site, at the link below! I'm a longtime fan, and I created this shirt specifically for this contest...any help would be great!

http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/73562

Oh, nice try son!
Try mine on for size (before this thread gets pwned)

http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/deta ... ial&page=3

stpchris

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 04:10:57 PM »
Looks like you're losing, son!

morcegohoman

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 04:43:13 PM »
Looks like you're losing, son!

It's Close! (but you submitted later).
Seriously though, nice work.

stpchris

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 05:10:12 PM »
Sorry, shouldn't have called you out like that. I encourage everyone to vote on ALL of the designs! Yours is very cool. I think some of the designs are just so oversaturated with stuff!

morcegohoman

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 05:30:46 PM »
Sorry, shouldn't have called you out like that. I encourage everyone to vote on ALL of the designs! Yours is very cool. I think some of the designs are just so oversaturated with stuff!

No, I took your comment as lighthearted anyway, so we're good.

Yeah, some are ugly to say the least.

I hate to provide links and offend anyone...but one has to do with a girl (same page as yours), and another is primarily blue and has way more votes than both you or I.

stpchris

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 05:41:01 PM »
Yeah, I think I know which ones you're talking about. I don't understand why there are so many skulls with pilot hats on!  I mean, I get it, ST Pilots, skulls are synonymous with rock music, etc....but...I'm not quite sure these people have ever listened to an STP song. Plus, DBH said no existing band photos in images..and there's like ten shirts with band pictures in them. I also love the drug related ones...like, yeah...they'll go for that.

morcegohoman

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 05:58:54 PM »
Agreed.
And the ones that just took the given peace fingers logo, the given band name logo, and the given flower logo and just rearranged them together, with no "pen to paper" of their own.

There have to be 12-15 of them, depending upon how harshly you judge.

stpchris

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 07:26:32 PM »
The one that has 100 votes on it just posterized a bunch of pictures...hope he owns the rights to all of them...otherwise, it's sueville. I drew all of my stuff from scratch...pencil, then scanned, then inked in Illustrator as well as colored in illustrator. Cheers for being unique!

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
STP T-Shirt contest... I need YOUR HELP! (please)
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 02:14:19 AM »
Currently there's a t-shirt design contest going on over at Designbyhumans.com for STP.  I've entered 2 designs and I need your votes.  Currently the two designs with the most votes seem like they're just getting votes from that website's forums and design community, just to win, rather than to design a cool shirt for the band and it's fans.  I'll even admit, there are a few cool designs other than my own, but there aren't too many shirts I'd actually WANT to wear or buy.  

To me, I've been a fan since 94', and over the years there have been some bad ass concert shirts, and STP t-shirts in general.  But as of lately, there hasn't been as much.  For such an amazing band, to have so many boring concert shirts, it doesn't make sense.  So, I'm reaching out to you all for help in in voting.  I'm honestly not in it for the prize money as much as I'm in it for actually being able to design a shirt for a band I've loved for the past 15+ years.  (I've been a member of BE, and all it's incarnations over the years, and if I have any chance of winning, it's with the help of this community.  So I'll definitely be donating to BE if I win.)  Thank you for reading this, and please vote.

***Takes less than 1min to sign up and vote.  Don't even have to verify your e-mail.***

'Heaven & Hot Rods'  Inspired by the driving sequences of ISL, and all the bad ass chase scenes, and car footage they played on the LED screens during their last tour.
http://http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/73775?contest_id=24&filter=special&page=1

'My Only Cigarette'
 Inspired by Scott's smoking, and just thought it'd be a cool old school rock image.
http://http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/73772?contest_id=24&filter=special&page=1
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

dml5089

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 03:58:44 AM »
when is the winner announced?

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 02:19:29 AM »
WOW... my thread got moved here.

Sorry to the OP, I didn't mean to end up in your thread... but I guess that's how it goes.  I do like your design though... it's one of the very few good ones.  A lot of the ones with the most votes are all bullshit, and seem like they either have nothing to do with STP.... or they're exploiting the votes with people from the DesignByHumans's website for the contests sake.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 02:46:22 AM »
I love the heaven and hotrods one, but this one is pretty badass!
http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/deta ... er=special
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 03:12:12 AM »
How does that Going To Enjoy the Playing one have so many votes? it's kinda ugly...

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 04:33:23 AM »
Quote from: "Silvergun92"
How does that Going To Enjoy the Playing one have so many votes? it's kinda ugly...

That one and 'Dead & Bloated' have the highest votes... and they're terrible.  The Dead & Bloated one has nothing to do with STP.... the guy designed a shirt for some other contest and just switched the name to a STP song and got his friends to vote.

The Going To Enjoy shirt is fucking ugly.... I'm sorry, I'm not going to sugar coat it, but everyone I've shown it to has said the same.   You can tell from most of the t-shirt designs which one are made by real fans, and which ones are just people from that design website trying to cash in on another contest.

Like I said... all I care about is STP finally having cool merchandise, and the opportunity to design an official shirt for my fav band.