September 20, 2024, 12:09:56 AM

Author Topic: STP new release album released today!  (Read 17350 times)

iastormtrooper

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/iastormtrooper
Re: My TARGET store blows!
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2010, 03:26:12 AM »
First Target I went to only had rainchecks for deluxe edition.  Uggh.  Grabbed the regular edition and stood in line for 10 minutes before setting it down because I had to get to work.  Grrr!  Stupid Target!  Left work early, called another Target and they told me they had 9 copies of deluxe edition out right now.  Yes!  Got it and listened to it taking the long way home.

happygirl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Happy STP Day!
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2010, 03:34:59 AM »
Happy STP Day!

I enjoyed looking for the album with my 11 year old today.

Raising a new generation of STP fans!    :)
So one and one and one make three
                                  And it changed

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2010, 03:56:39 AM »
I also had to search for my copy, as it wasn't on the new release display, just full of Rolling Stones and Golden Gir...Sex and the City soundtracks.
I remembered what I read here about not being put out or very limited quantities and I got worried.
Thankfully, I checked the regular shelves and there were at least 15 copies of the regular disc and 5 or so of the deluxe.

artcrimestudios

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2010, 04:20:15 AM »
Damn I didn't Target had a version with a DVD...I'll have to choose between that or the vinyl next pay day.
Sometimes I think that I can kill the world
If just for a day
but I\'d just be stuck with myself again
And I don\'t think I wanna be my only friend

stpmatt

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2010, 04:32:51 AM »
After reading these posts I just had to post my experience.

Went to Walmart at midnight and no luck,  had to be at work at 7:30 this morning, so I decided to go to a different walmart at 6ish this morning and NOPE,  I was so looking forward to listening to the cd all day long-oh well.  Walmart SUCKS!  So after work got the cd at target in the new release section.  All smiles now.  Except Cinnamen-thats a weird track

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2010, 04:37:43 AM »
Today is also the 33rd anniversary of Star Wars (and 27th anniversary of Return of the Jedi).
[/geek]

So, yeah, May 25th will always be a cool day.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2010, 04:41:00 AM »
Quote from: "stpmatt"
After reading these posts I just had to post my experience.

Went to Walmart at midnight and no luck,  had to be at work at 7:30 this morning, so I decided to go to a different walmart at 6ish this morning and NOPE,  I was so looking forward to listening to the cd all day long-oh well.  Walmart SUCKS!  So after work got the cd at target in the new release section.  All smiles now.  Except Cinnamen-thats a weird track

I didn't see ANYTHING STP related at the Walmart I went to. I dunno if they forgot, or what.

Glad there's 2 Targets in the town I drove to to get the CDs.
Bleeda blooda

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2010, 07:24:39 AM »
Damn, sorry to see so many Targets didn't have their shit together. I went to a Target this morning and had absolutely no problem. Just walked right in, got the deluxe version, paid and walked out in less than 5 minutes.
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2010, 07:27:22 AM »
Today was fucking awesome. Finally a sunny day and listened to the album all day and still am right now  ;D  Went to the O's game too...they ACTUALLY won and it was my first time being 21 at Camden Yards so it was a good time  ;)
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

therealcaptain40

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2010, 07:29:42 AM »
I'm drinkin too. This new album rocks! Fuck yeah! Good times yo

Bipolarbear126

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2010, 07:34:14 AM »
I went to Target after work and I went to the music section.

I saw about three copies of the regular version and 1 copy of the Deluxe version. I instantly grabbed the 1 copy and purchased it.

It's almost the same thing as the iTunes download which I got last night. Except for the DVD content in the physical disc has more stuff. I'm almost getting the Bonus Tracks version from STP's website in the mail pretty soon and if that includes About A Fool, then the iTunes download was a waste of money...  :-
Cocaine. Alcohol. Lady-lay. Withdrawal.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2010, 07:42:04 AM »
Quote from: "Bipolarbear126"

I saw about three copies of the regular version and 1 copy of the Deluxe version. I instantly grabbed the 1 copy and purchased it.

It's almost the same thing as the iTunes download which I got last night. Except for the DVD content in the physical disc has more stuff. I'm almost getting the Bonus Tracks version from STP's website in the mail pretty soon and if that includes About A Fool, then the iTunes download was a waste of money...  :-

I think it's going to include songs we haven't heard yet. Let us know once you get it! Maybe upload them for us.

I'm hoping the 2 bonus tracks will be Heed The Water Whisperer and Only Dying.
Bleeda blooda

bigemptycreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2010, 07:47:12 AM »
woke up this morning...didn't have work until 1, so I told my wife I was taking the eldest(she's 3, but knows all the words to "the hits") "shopping" so we made a quick stop of and bought the extended(Future Shop - which is Canada only, right?..extra tracks are somba nova, and live performances of vasoline, hickory dichotomy, and between the lines "from chicago" so whatever version that is, I got it.) There is no Target in Canada so didn't get THAT version, we have Walmart...I think there is some kind of special they are having as well, but I just feel weird about buying music there. It's really hard not to blast a new cd with a 3 year old in the car because little ears are sensitive and all...got the actual shopping done just in time to drop everything off at home and head to work. so I flip back to 1 and crank it...my wife gave me such a look when it came on and she could hear it up the driveway and inside the front door.

Plush Lush

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2010, 07:47:30 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "Bipolarbear126"

I think it's going to include songs we haven't heard yet. Let us know once you get it! Maybe upload them for us.

I'm hoping the 2 bonus tracks will be Heed The Water Whisperer and Only Dying.

Didn't the remake of Only Dying for the Crow soundtrack get destroyed in a studio fire? I thought there was only the MJY version that's in bad quality posted on here in the download section?
[size=150]Feelin\' like a ham & mustard shake...[/size][/color]

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2010, 07:51:33 AM »
I have never heard about the recording being destroyed in a fire. It was replaced in the movie The Crow with Big Empty because Brendan Lee was killed during the filming of it.

I really doubt we'll ever hear the newer version, but I'm hoping.
Bleeda blooda