September 12, 2024, 09:54:42 AM

Author Topic: Deleo Fears Recovering Weiland Is 'Popping Pills'  (Read 16596 times)

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • I knew the questions but I lost the answers...
    • View Profile
Re: Deleo Fears Recovering Weiland Is 'Popping Pills'
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 09:09:54 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
I'm glad to see that the DeLeos are trying to help, there's a span of over a week after the Kimmel taping on Wednesday where STP have zero shows.  If this pill popping thing is true, Scott should try and kick it during the week or so they have off.  Scott's definitely in denial about this and his alcoholism, he didn't even fucking remember the PNC show on Howard Stern when asked about it.  They should just pull up YouTube videos of him from the last 2 years making a fool out of himself, namely when they were playing Big Empty and he stumbled into Eric's drumset.  Scott thinks he should be able to do all of this shit because he's a "rock star."  He has said before about his bands "we're not a school choir."  Scott is a human being just like every single one of us, his occupation shouldn't justify his actions.  I hope Scott gets better at some point for the sake of his family.  I think his son Noah's about to get to the age where he'll realize what's going on and at some point I'm sure he'll give Scott a piece of his mind, hopefully that will make Scott realize that he does still have a problem.  At this point though if he won't get help, STP do need to soldier on with their tour.

While this week would be a great time for an intervention of sorts, it definitely would take more than a week to kick an average pill-popping addiction. Now we dont know the extent of this, it could just be a little or it could be fairly extreme. But just remember that its scott, he doesnt really do anything "halfway". I think the Deleos should step up and put their foot down before this addiction of his starts to gather momentum and really hinder STP's future as a whole. It may not be fixable overnight (or in a week, as you suggested Brett), but theyve got to stop this before it escalates.
Favorite STP songs at the moment: Hazey Daze, Fast as I Can, I Got You, Pruno

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 09:12:31 PM »
Quote from: "Shannon"
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
I'm glad to see that the DeLeos are trying to help, there's a span of over a week after the Kimmel taping on Wednesday where STP have zero shows.  If this pill popping thing is true, Scott should try and kick it during the week or so they have off.  Scott's definitely in denial about this and his alcoholism, he didn't even fucking remember the PNC show on Howard Stern when asked about it.  They should just pull up YouTube videos of him from the last 2 years making a fool out of himself, namely when they were playing Big Empty and he stumbled into Eric's drumset.  Scott thinks he should be able to do all of this shit because he's a "rock star."  He has said before about his bands "we're not a school choir."  Scott is a human being just like every single one of us, his occupation shouldn't justify his actions.  I hope Scott gets better at some point for the sake of his family.  I think his son Noah's about to get to the age where he'll realize what's going on and at some point I'm sure he'll give Scott a piece of his mind, hopefully that will make Scott realize that he does still have a problem.  At this point though if he won't get help, STP do need to soldier on with their tour.

While this week would be a great time for an intervention of sorts, it definitely would take more than a week to kick an average pill-popping addiction. Now we dont know the extent of this, it could just be a little or it could be fairly extreme. But just remember that its scott, he doesnt really do anything "halfway". I think the Deleos should step up and put their foot down before this addiction of his starts to gather momentum and really hinder STP's future as a whole. It may not be fixable overnight (or in a week, as you suggested Brett), but theyve got to stop this before it escalates.
Yeah the week idea was just looking at the dates and trying to see when they have time off.  The thing is they need to make sure this doesn't affect the tour.  I've noticed after June 28th there are no dates until August, they should have at least a few weeks off in July, that might be a good time for him to head to rehab too.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 09:20:40 PM »
If they can postpone a shows for three-four months for the album, I think they can postpone the tour three weeks for Scott to clean up.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 09:22:40 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"
If they can postpone a shows for three-four months for the album, I think they can postpone the tour three weeks for Scott to clean up.
Yeah, I mean they haven't even officially announced the summer US dates, just make them start in August and let Scott get clean AND sober in July.  The problem is getting Scott to agree...

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 09:32:24 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
Um, none, actually. And none the week before. And none the month before that. And none the year before that. Why? Because I'm a responsible adult with a child, a family that cares about me and career that are worth more to me than the idea of getting fucked up all the time. I'm not saying I don't make decisions occasionally that are questionable my health (eating pizza, drinking too many beers), but to suggest I or anyone on this board is on par with Weiland? Come on. Don't be ridiculous.

He's 2 hours late for a photoshoot and asks for 4 liquor drinks? I realize he's the man and gets whatever he wants, but a photoshoot is part of the album promotion. Sounds like a job. I don't think most of us are drinking 4 shots on the job. Like I said, he can do what he wants and I don't control him... but it does make me sad to hear it, and it sounds like he had a problem.

+1

Sadly, I honestly fully expect this band to go nuclear again.  I really think the whole thing is just a ticking time bomb.  

I love Scott and his creative genius as much as the next.  However, frankly man is like a blessing and a curse all rolled in to one.  Too frequently the ones that are paying for his mistakes are the fans.  Cancelled shows, awful performances (hello, Detroit and the last tour of VR), and the general air around the band where it just feels like something bad is going to happen.  I find myself emotionally separating myself from Scott's music.  I love it for what it is, but I completely feel like its too good to last (I hope I am wrong).  

I disagree with some of the points above.  I think some of Scott's best shows were sober shows (storytellers, HoB LA, some of the Contraband tour, and many, many more).  I have been to a medley of both and typically its all to easy to figure out at which ones he was sober, and which ones he wasnt.  

I dont think this is a man that can ever be clean unless he's got someone on him almost 24x7 to stay on the straight and narrow, and I just dont see him dedicated to that cause.  Especially considering at times he is even bragging how he drinks a lot but doesnt need to shoot up.  An addict is an addict.  He has a disease and he is in full-out denial about it.  I do hope for his personal relationships and for his kids that he can one day be clean, but I'm just not sure it'll ever happen anymore.  

So my attitude is to enjoy the music we do get from the man, fully accepting that it may or may not last.  Call me a pessimist or whatever.  I do genuinely care about the man and his endeavors.  I just have a growing feeling that one day in the too-near future we'll wake up and read a headline about how he OD'd.  Then this sonically fruitful journey will all be over.  

That said, I hope I am wrong.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 10:16:58 PM »
my point is whether this is true or not Robert is usually the one to do damage controll, not to be airing dirty laundry
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Yanks241

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2010, 01:55:03 AM »
Does anyone think if Mary and Scott were still together he'd be more inclined to stay sober (or at least clean up).  After reading her book I feel like she was always there to keep him out of trouble until she couldn't take it anymore and the divorce happened.  Before his relapse in 2007 he seemed so happy with Mary around all the time.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2010, 02:01:20 AM »
Quote from: "Yanks241"
Does anyone think if Mary and Scott were still together he'd be more inclined to stay sober (or at least clean up).  After reading her book I feel like she was always there to keep him out of trouble until she couldn't take it anymore and the divorce happened.  Before his relapse in 2007 he seemed so happy with Mary around all the time.
I think he was still doing it when they were together, and her book is her opinion, only one side of the story, she would never make herself out to be the bad guy(girl)
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2010, 02:37:55 AM »
I see it as a no debate issue.... The guy is an addict.

If it's not syllogism, then it's at least valid modal logic.
Alcohol and painkillers are an analgesic.
Scott Weiland is an analgesic addict.
-You fill in the conclusion-

Besides, it's in an addict's psychological favor to deny every action they take as problematic. It's easy as hell for him to do this regardless of his kids, family, band, fans.

I have no hesitation in accepting the validity of stories like these nowadays.

It's the Tiny Music era all over again!
No. 4 = heavy rocker album ala Core, muffled drug problems, rebalanced tour.
Shangri-La =  introspective rock album ala Purple, band fights, breaks up.
Stone Temple Pilots = experimental rock album with reunion ala Tiny Music. Everything goes to hell because of drugs, capsizing the tour before it and the album can reach full success.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2010, 03:08:34 AM »
Quote from: "IMJ"

Did you just compare Shangri-La to Purple??

Volant9353

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
STP on Perez Hilton Website
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2010, 03:33:35 AM »
So my GF just showed me the the story about scott relapsing has spured a headline on perez hiltons website which is her and most womens bibles now a days. I guess are boys are relevant again. Unfort not for the right reasons! :(
“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” - David Bowie

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2010, 03:35:10 AM »
Quote from: "Jim2131"
Did you just compare Shangri-La to Purple??

Hey, I love SLDD.  ;D
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

hack745

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2010, 03:45:28 AM »
Quote from: "IMJ"
I see it as a no debate issue.... The guy is an addict.

If it's not syllogism, then it's at least valid modal logic.
Alcohol and painkillers are an analgesic.
Scott Weiland is an analgesic addict.
-You fill in the conclusion-

Besides, it's in an addict's psychological favor to deny every action they take as problematic. It's easy as hell for him to do this regardless of his kids, family, band, fans.

I have no hesitation in accepting the validity of stories like these nowadays.

It's the Tiny Music era all over again!
No. 4 = heavy rocker album ala Core, muffled drug problems, rebalanced tour.
Stone Temple Pilots = experimental rock album with reunion ala Tiny Music. Everything goes to hell because of drugs, capsizing the tour before it and the album can reach full success.

Definitely agree. I don't think the fact he's an unmedicated bipolar sufferer helps things, either. The booze/pills could help him through the downs, and he's just not strong-willed enough to kick the habits during the manic periods, completing a horrible, drug-abusing circle.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2010, 03:52:46 AM »
Now I'm not naive, andthis wouldn't be the first time, but I'm just hoping it's not too true.  Perhaps there was something taken out of context in there somehow.  I mean there were news sites trying to push their website hits by titling their articles "Weiland a Continuous No-Show During Recording Process" based solely on Dean, Robert and Eric talking about the process how they layed down the tracks and Weiland took it to his studio to lay the vocals.  A method so not very new for Scott.  Yet the news sites took those words and presented them in a way that all readers would skim the title and assume it meant Scott was flaking out again.

There's the whole "foole me once...." saying, so I wouldn't swear on the bible about Scott's health.  But I think it's just a different shade than what they're trying to paint.  Scott looked great at the NYC show.  And if there is truth to this, then the good thing is how they've taken to planning mini tours with small breaks in between.  Meaning there's time for family and time to breathe and come back to earth more often than a hardcore year and a half long CD tour.

Love you Scott!!
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Sunday Shoes

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2010, 04:04:56 AM »
Hmmm...doesn't sound like anything Weiland would do after introducing a new album.  I mean, when have you heard of Scott canceling a tour because of a drug addiction?

>:D
Stone Temple Pilots:  The last rock and roll band.