September 17, 2024, 09:09:24 PM

Author Topic: Deleo Fears Recovering Weiland Is 'Popping Pills'  (Read 16686 times)

Cucho

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/voxfantome
Re: Deleo Fears Recovering Weiland Is 'Popping Pills'
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2010, 12:51:50 PM »
Great timing by the way

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2010, 03:09:05 PM »
Damn this sucks, I can't picture Robert saying this... Then again he must be frustrated as hell. Not every band gets a shot in this industry when they have comeback and he loves Scott too and doesn't want him dead. Sad news.
If you only knew..

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: STP on Perez Hilton Website
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2010, 03:18:55 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "artcrimestudios"
It is amazing that site is as popular as it is. That guy constantly seems to get things wrong or reports news that has been out for months.

And there's the fact that he's a completely disgusting excuse for a human being.

http://zipline.files.wordpress.com/2009 ... ilton1.jpg

Can somebody please give him the number for Proactiv? If you call in the next 10 minutes, we'll double your order, absolutely FREE.
LMAO!!
Perez Hilton hasn't had a "original" idea or "scoop" in about 4 years...
How does a 'tard like this become a "celebrity" (and I use the term loosely)
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Lanegan7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2010, 04:23:03 PM »
Everybody in the band has said that Scott is going to do what Scott wants to do.

They know what's up, and they're going to live with whatever decisions he makes.

So we should all just shush up about it. Deal? Deal.

why should we shut up about it? I don't understand the members here who think we should just sweep this under the rug and ignore it.

If the discussion makes you feel uncomfortable then stay out of it and let the rest of us show our concern for Scott.

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2010, 05:47:09 PM »
Quote from: "hack745"
Quote from: "IMJ"
I see it as a no debate issue.... The guy is an addict.

If it's not syllogism, then it's at least valid modal logic.
Alcohol and painkillers are an analgesic.
Scott Weiland is an analgesic addict.
-You fill in the conclusion-

Besides, it's in an addict's psychological favor to deny every action they take as problematic. It's easy as hell for him to do this regardless of his kids, family, band, fans.

I have no hesitation in accepting the validity of stories like these nowadays.

It's the Tiny Music era all over again!
No. 4 = heavy rocker album ala Core, muffled drug problems, rebalanced tour.
Shangri-La =  introspective rock album ala Purple, band fights, breaks up.
Stone Temple Pilots = experimental rock album with reunion ala Tiny Music. Everything goes to hell because of drugs, capsizing the tour before it and the album can reach full success.

Definitely agree. I don't think the fact he's an unmedicated bipolar sufferer helps things, either. The booze/pills could help him through the downs, and he's just not strong-willed enough to kick the habits during the manic periods, completing a horrible, drug-abusing circle.

Booze can actually make the downer part of the bipolar cycle worse!
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2010, 06:41:00 PM »
Quote from: "IMJ"
I see it as a no debate issue.... The guy is an addict.

If it's not syllogism, then it's at least valid modal logic.
Alcohol and painkillers are an analgesic.
Scott Weiland is an analgesic addict.
-You fill in the conclusion-

Besides, it's in an addict's psychological favor to deny every action they take as problematic. It's easy as hell for him to do this regardless of his kids, family, band, fans.

I have no hesitation in accepting the validity of stories like these nowadays.

It's the Tiny Music era all over again!
No. 4 = heavy rocker album ala Core, muffled drug problems, rebalanced tour.
Shangri-La =  introspective rock album ala Purple, band fights, breaks up.
Stone Temple Pilots = experimental rock album with reunion ala Tiny Music. Everything goes to hell because of drugs, capsizing the tour before it and the album can reach full success.

Wrong! Alcohol is a depressant / sedative and painkillers be is non-steroidal or opiates be analgesic.  The problem is a lot of opiate painkillers are synergised with paracetamol
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2010, 06:44:30 PM »
Not oxycontin
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2010, 10:46:37 PM »
Quote from: "cgg"
Not oxycontin

Vicodin is oxycontin and acetaminophen (oaracetamol to us brits) and there is meds out there which is oxycontin and tylenol (paracetamol again)

Eighth Caged Tiger

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2010, 11:41:36 PM »
Just read the great cover story from the new Spin.  The quote from Rob, as well as Scott sending his assistant to go get four whiskeys upon his (two hour late) arrival to the photo shoot is all taken from the Spin article.  It's a really good article on all four of the guys, though not near as lengthy as a good RS cover story.

In the earlier part of the story, Weiland tells the reporter he has been clean of ALL opiates for seven years and coke since the binge in '07.  He says the only drug he is taking now is his bi-polar meds.  He also gets drunk during the interview.  The interview seems to take place before the photo shoot and Rob's comments at the photo shoot.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:43:56 PM by Eighth Caged Tiger »

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2010, 11:43:15 PM »
Quote from: "cosmicpilot"
Not oxycontin

Vicodin is oxycontin and acetaminophen (oaracetamol to us brits) and there is meds out there which is oxycontin and tylenol (paracetamol again)

I thought oxycodone was the one that had the acetaminophen. I thought vicodin was unadulterated.
Bleeda blooda

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2010, 11:48:30 PM »
It is/was my understanding that Scott uses oxycontin. Apparently to some people it has a similar effect as heroin.

I was under the assumption though that it was never a problem.

I guess it's possible that it is becoming one, or it has now become a problem, especially if he continues to drink.
Take it.

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2010, 12:24:44 AM »
Quote from: "cosmicpilot"
Not oxycontin

I thought oxycodone was the one that had the acetaminophen. I thought vicodin was unadulterated.

Oxycodone is the compound name, oxycontin is the brand name of the drug.....same as Ultram and Tramadol, Tramadol is the substance name, Ultram is the brand name.

Confused?  ;)

dog_day_prophet

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2010, 12:52:05 AM »
Ok, you all are dumb. Why don't you use google? That's what it's there for. I did, just to make sure I was right.

Vicodin is HYDROCODONE and ACETAMINOPHEN (aka paracetamol/Tylenol).

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2010, 06:13:30 PM »
Quote from: "dog_day_prophet"
Ok, you all are dumb. Why don't you use google? That's what it's there for. I did, just to make sure I was right.

Vicodin is HYDROCODONE and ACETAMINOPHEN (aka paracetamol/Tylenol).

Hydrocodone and oxycodone give the same reaction though  ::)   ;)

Yanks241

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2010, 06:37:24 PM »
Quote from: "Vaporized"
It is/was my understanding that Scott uses oxycontin. Apparently to some people it has a similar effect as heroin.

I was under the assumption though that it was never a problem.

I guess it's possible that it is becoming one, or it has now become a problem, especially if he continues to drink.

How is it your understanding that Scott uses oxycontin?  

So he says he hasn't done Heroin or opiates since 03...well maybe he doesn't count pills and thinks thats ok, haha