September 17, 2024, 08:56:40 PM

Author Topic: Deleo Fears Recovering Weiland Is 'Popping Pills'  (Read 16683 times)

fredisidle

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Deleo Fears Recovering Weiland Is 'Popping Pills'
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 05:39:25 PM »
That doesn't seem like something robert would say... even if it is true
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 05:44:45 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
That doesn't seem like something robert would say... even if it is true

Agreed. Just unnecessary hype. After reading the actual article from SPIN, it seemed like it was a thought that Robert had in his head. Rather than something he was actually concerned about.
--Rob--

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 05:54:21 PM »
I know there are tons of articles from the past couple of years that mention Weiland's drinking (he usually drinks during an interview) but this is the first I heard that he is 'popping pills'.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 05:59:38 PM »
I don't know what credibility that site has, but if this is true, it's troubling news, to say the least.

fredisidle

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 06:15:28 PM »
That makes sense... in the past they've just said something like "Scott is Scott" or something vague.  Oh well, at least it is likely BS.

Volant9353

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 06:26:35 PM »
I am not making excuses for Scott but that article is BS. First off its using info from another magazines stories to draw attention and second this idiots facts are wrong. We all know scott did not relapse on Herion in 07. What he is alluding to is when scott relapsed and was on a coke binge in 07 during the end of VR.
“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” - David Bowie

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 06:27:50 PM »
Late 2007 heroin relapse? it was Cocaine!!!!

I hope that Scott isn't on pills!  :'(
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 06:42:30 PM »
well that just ruined my day. I know most of you are in denial about Scott's habits, but based on his behavior, speech pattern of the past 3 years, and performances, I think this is entirely believable.

I'm not going to spend too much time thinking about this article, though. I can't control Scott's behavior so I can only hope for the best. The new album is great so hopefully that does well and Scott gets motivated about his music and doesn't feel the need to get fucked up.

If you heard what Scott told Jimmy Kimmel on Howard about drinking not affecting his recovery, I think he's in denial. The dude isn't drinking moderately, he's drinking heavily. It's not reasonable for an addict to think they can drink that much. The fact that Scott is justifying his drinking as not a problem is not a good sign. Oh well, he can do whatever he wants and at least the band is cool with him doing his thing. As much as I care about his health and longevity, he doesn't owe shit to me. To his kids maybe, but that's it. It's completely up to him and we're all on the sidelines so all we can do is root.

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 06:46:13 PM »
He IS popping pills.... thats the whole problem. it was the problem with the march tour. He broke is ankle and some idiot doctor decided to give a drug addict pain killers and now history is repeating itself. I bet Weiland can hold his booze pretty well without the pain killers, but with him he's just a mess. I can understand Rob Dean and Eric's concern, because i think if they didn't care about him they wouldn't be in this for the long haul. A paycheck isn't worth this much of his shit no matter how much Stone Temple Pilots is worth. Dammit Weiland fuck you. Maybe Slash and the gang were right and that he was just too much to handle.

I wanna kill the cigarettes for my gf, because i feel like shes more important than this addiction, but its just so damn hard and i've only been smoking for 2 years. So i can't imagine how difficult it is for a guy whose been on heavy drugs since 1993 to cut out all these substances. Poor guy.... i think we're losing him....

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • I knew the questions but I lost the answers...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 06:54:09 PM »
it KILLS me to say this.....but I can see it. The rest of the band has never fully said "Scotts clean now" or "Scotts off drugs". They just say something along the lines of "Scott is Scott" or "Scotts just acting normal"  etc. And this would explain why..He also seems to fit the description of a pill addict judging by his actions on stage and in public..
Favorite STP songs at the moment: Hazey Daze, Fast as I Can, I Got You, Pruno

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 06:56:28 PM »
In my books alcohol will kill ya ,damage organs and central nervous system way faster than opiate pain killers. As long as there is no acetomenophen (tylenol) the silent killer in them.
 When he said have four scotches ready ...that is the problem. Alcohol also makes you loose control and ramble on talking and memory loss.....just like this tour we got off of.  
 hawk.
ps. Not to promote scrips or anything but some of the best most intense Scott shows were sponsored by oxycontin.

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 07:01:46 PM »
Quote from: "Shannon"
it KILLS me to say this.....but I can see it. The rest of the band has never fully said "Scotts clean now" or "Scotts off drugs". They just say something along the lines of "Scott is Scott" or "Scotts just acting normal"  etc. And this would explain why..He also seems to fit the description of a pill addict judging by his actions on stage and in public..

Sounds like the band is also in denial as well!

To answer Hawks' comment, both heroin/oxycontin and alcohol both give off vinegar as a product of his reactions and I have a nasty hunch that he is shooting something, I have no idea what exactly.
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

stewdog1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 07:02:36 PM »
Whether true or not, it should not surprise anyone.  The only time I will be surprised is when he comes out pushing an anti-drug agenda with commercials and little children hanging on him and whatnot.

It's his life and his choice.  Until then, enjoy the music, I say.

Mabby

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/mattmabe
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 07:03:49 PM »
Robert actually says in the new SPIN article (the one with Scott on the cover) that he's afraid Scott is abusing prescription drugs.

Scott shows all the tell-tale signs of someone who's pill-whacked.

Slow reaction, slurred speech, etc

The good news is that Scott looks and sounds healthier than ever in most of the recent clips I've seen.

He seemed pretty pill-whacked during the initial reunion tour in 2008-09.