September 30, 2024, 05:40:31 PM

Author Topic: Farm Fur  (Read 10391 times)

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Dean And Robert 'super'group
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2005, 02:09:42 AM »
The Deleos are infinetely more mature than Weiland will ever be.
Doesn't mean they will create successful music again...

Maturity doesn't really have much meaning in the world of rock 'n roll; whether someone likes it or not.
uhhh they're not making music, they're playing covers
The lunatic, is on the grass.

everylilwhore

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2005, 03:49:03 AM »

Maturity doesn't really have much meaning in the world of rock 'n roll; whether someone likes it or not.
and you found that out via Robert's post...but nice try.

I still have no clue what your previous post means...'The Deleos are infinetely more mature than Weiland will ever be'

Not sure what that even has to do with music or anything for that matter.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 03:49:40 AM by everylilwhore »

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2005, 05:08:45 AM »

and you found that out via Robert's post...but nice try.

I still have no clue what your previous post means...'The Deleos are infinetely more mature than Weiland will ever be'

Not sure what that even has to do with music or anything for that matter.
I'm guessing that he's referring to all the shit that Weiland pulled in STP and VR.  I don't think anyone expects that kind of rocktstar-narcissism from the Deleos.
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2005, 12:37:31 PM »
Jesus Christ...  Is this a new person to piss me the fuck off?
I'm trying to figure out why he used an apostrophe.  It looks totally out of place with the "u."
Stop correcting peoples english and get a life man!
Perhaps it is you who should get the life?

Why don't we all get a life!

:blink:
I have one!!!!!! I spend the rest of my time checking out the star trek forums and as point of intrest, i also collect carrier bags from various supermarkets and convience stores, so maybe everyone should get a life, a life like me!!! weeeeeeeee...........

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2005, 04:50:54 PM »
Hey, did anybody read that post from robert? He says it's not a long term band. He also sounds pretty excited about it, though. It makes me look at the whole situation a little differently, now that I've heard one of them come out and talk about it. I also noticed that he said Dean and himself have something coming up that everyone should be excited about. Any ideas? Cross your fingers for an STP reunion!

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2005, 05:08:41 PM »
Hey, did anybody read that post from robert? He says it's not a long term band. He also sounds pretty excited about it, though. It makes me look at the whole situation a little differently, now that I've heard one of them come out and talk about it. I also noticed that he said Dean and himself have something coming up that everyone should be excited about. Any ideas? Cross your fingers for an STP reunion!
STP reunion wont happen. A talk show one on the other hand........... :unsure:

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2005, 10:02:56 PM »
QUOTE (BlindAlley @ Jan 11 2005, 10:50 AM)

I think there could be an STP reunion, but not any time soon. And I mean they would get together just to be together and make music. It's like a relationship that went bad. They still love each other but they need time apart and sometimes it takes years. I don't think they would tour either. Maybe do a handfull of shows a year if anything (in Hollywood, too).

As for the surpise, I think that Rob and Dean will create a band, but I don't think they will try to get a big name lead singer or anything like that. I think it will be blues/jazzy style music, too.

What would also be cool is if they and Atlanta came to some agreement to release some STP B-sides.
adhesive love

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2005, 05:35:35 PM »
My general assumption on a STP reunion would follow like this(I'm probably entirely wrong):

1. Velvet Revolver tours.
2. Velvet Revolver takes a break from tours.
                     OR
2. Velvet Revolver gets tired of Weiland's shit.
3. Scott Weiland makes a second solo album.
4. Eventual STP reunion tour. Possibly a sixth album?

The probability of that happening in that order is pretty slim, though. That's just my prediction.

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2005, 05:46:57 PM »
I think a solo album is very likely once the velvet revolver tour/ promotion machine comes to a stop. End of the year we should see something.
I also believe that STP or the record company will release a raritey album. Afterall i think STP are still under contract for more lps.
I reckon this is the news the brothers are due to release along with news of there own supergroup style project.
I really doubt STP are getting back together, ever. Ill eat my hat if they do, too much has gone on and VR are proving very lucritive to all concerned.
Weiland will continue with his david bowie oddesy when he gets bored.

loungeflyy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2005, 06:34:40 PM »
i think that people who read the forum would enjoy more, if not every other post was about either "annoying newbies" or how all the senior members need to be more accepting. lets just keep the conversation on stp, and try to keep the posts interesting and intelligent. this goes for everyone. thanks.
you couldn\'t swing if you were hangin\' from a palm tree in a hurricane

Anonymous

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2005, 07:38:41 PM »
STPgurl... his grammar and spelling were perfect.

Cut us some slack... its not an english class or a grammar lesson.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2005, 08:11:49 PM »
STPgurl... his grammar and spelling were perfect.

Cut us some slack... its not an english class or a grammar lesson.
I didn't say anything at all about his grammar or spelling.   :blink:

Nor did I say anything at all about you - so I'm not sure who the "us" you talked about in your post refers to.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2005, 09:42:42 PM »
...its not an english class or a grammar lesson.
That's my turf.  Fuck around and pay the price.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2005, 02:42:59 AM »
Former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS members Dean (guitar) and Robert DeLeo (bass) have confirmed a January 14 show with a new band at B.B. King's nightclub in Los Angeles, according to Launch Radio Networks.

The DeLeo brothers are part of the new band known as FARM FUR, which is rounded out by Steve Ferrone, who drums with TOM PETTY, and singer Alex Lighterwood, who has recorded with CARLOS SANTANA. This newly minted super group will perform versions of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS songs as well as new original tunes.

How is it a supergroup if most people won't even know the names of its members?

I have never heard of those other two guys...let Talk Show II begin.
And most have never heard of the DeLeos. Those two other guys...those four other guys. fuck.

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2005, 04:32:21 PM »
I'm still up for the spelling bee... let's settle this once and for all.