September 30, 2024, 05:29:19 PM

Author Topic: Farm Fur  (Read 10389 times)

Anonymous

Dean And Robert 'super'group
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2005, 05:32:21 PM »
11 piece band... it sounds like GNR in november rain with the horns section and stuff. And something tells me that this is going nowhere.

May i also just point out that they're playing covers... what make you thing that there'll be an album?

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2005, 09:40:56 PM »
11 piece band... it sounds like GNR in november rain with the horns section and stuff. And something tells me that this is going nowhere.

May i also just point out that they're playing covers... what make you thing that there'll be an album?
i agree with u ......... deleos wont rush of joining a band with rookies
but i'm still glad to hear about them again.
DELEOS ROCK

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2005, 11:46:12 PM »
Jesus Christ...  Is this a new person to piss me the fuck off?

everylilwhore

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2005, 12:53:46 AM »
 :lol:

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2005, 02:39:21 AM »
I'm trying to figure out why he used an apostrophe.  It looks totally out of place with the "u."
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

Anonymous

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2005, 01:28:43 PM »
Jesus Christ...  Is this a new person to piss me the fuck off?
I'm trying to figure out why he used an apostrophe.  It looks totally out of place with the "u."
Stop correcting peoples english and get a life man!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2005, 08:00:27 PM »
John im sure you're not complaining because the newbies posts gives you more things to bitch at.

everylilwhore

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2005, 08:15:34 PM »
Stop correcting peoples english and get a life man!
Perhaps it is you who should get the life?

Why don't we all get a life!

:blink:

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2005, 01:21:09 AM »
5 stars!

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2005, 02:04:00 AM »
believe it or not, that was the first thing i noticed, too.

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2005, 02:09:48 AM »
The Deleos are infinetely more mature than Weiland will ever be.
The lunatic, is on the grass.

everylilwhore

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2005, 02:39:28 AM »
The Deleos are infinetely more mature than Weiland will ever be.
Doesn't mean they will create successful music again...

Maturity doesn't really have much meaning in the world of rock 'n roll; whether someone likes it or not.

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2005, 06:38:04 AM »
True.

But at the same time, I really enjoyed Talk Show.  I knew as soon as I put it in that the singer wasn't going to be as good as Scott.  So when he wasn't, I wasn't let down.  I enjoy the DeLeos writing.  Odds are, if they release a new album, I'll probably enjoy it enough to be happy with it.  Will it be "successful"?  I'd say there's about a 2-3% chance.

It depends on their approach.  I'd bet they can push 100,000.  As long as they don't think they're going to do more, they stand to do well.  There are thousands of artists making a living on selling less than that.  So it's all about view.

everylilwhore

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2005, 07:05:09 PM »
True.

But at the same time, I really enjoyed Talk Show.  I knew as soon as I put it in that the singer wasn't going to be as good as Scott.  So when he wasn't, I wasn't let down.  I enjoy the DeLeos writing.  Odds are, if they release a new album, I'll probably enjoy it enough to be happy with it.  Will it be "successful"?  I'd say there's about a 2-3% chance.

It depends on their approach.  I'd bet they can push 100,000.  As long as they don't think they're going to do more, they stand to do well.  There are thousands of artists making a living on selling less than that.  So it's all about view.
I don't think they are really doing this to 'make a living,' yet more to satisfy their hunger to make music again.

Talk Show was not an album I listen to much at all. Every now and again I will get a craving, but that happens like once a year.

Commercial success would be something I don't think they would have a problem with if it happened, but certainly not what they are setting out to do; IMO.

walkingarazor

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/deathbedmotorcade
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2005, 05:13:02 PM »
Robert gives us all a report on the official site:

Hi Everyone,

It's Robert.

I can confirm that Dean and I will be playing with Farm Fur, but for only 3 shows. Our friend Steve Ferrone asked us to sit in, and we were honored to be asked to play with such great musicians. It's a lot of fun. It's a 10 to 12 piece band, a bit different from what Dean and I have ever done. The songs being performed are musical contributions from each artist or band the artist is from. The set will include songs by The Average White Band, Sly and the Family Stone, Rufus, Steve's solo stuff, as well as a couple STP songs. The STP material isn't intended to be played like STP. It's a one-time chance for Dean and I to take a couple of our songs and perform them with some of the best musicians on this planet. Would you pass that up? Farm Fur is certainly not a long-term band. It's a chance to have a hell of a lot of fun, and be be musically challenged by some pretty intimidating players.

Now let me fill you in on what Farm Fur means: Dean keeps his horses at a ranch that has a lot of unique animals. One day a zebra jumped the fence and made it with a donkey. (No shit) The result was a donkey-like animal with a black and white mane, and black and white legs only- but the rest donkey. We took a picture of this animal, which we affectionately refer to as a Dizonkey, to rehearsal one day and everyone cracked up. Dean actually came up with the name Farm Fur. We put the two together, and thought it was funny as hell.

We're playing the 14th at BB King's, the 15th at the Malibu inn, and the 21st at the NAMM show. (I repeat, this is not intended to be a serious long-term band.)

Also, Dean and I have something coming up that you will all be thoroughly excited about. More of that to come.

Love to all- Happy New Year- Hope to see you out at these shows,

Robert