September 30, 2024, 05:40:43 PM

Author Topic: Farm Fur  (Read 10392 times)

everylilwhore

Farm Fur
« on: January 04, 2005, 08:28:03 PM »
Former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS members Dean (guitar) and Robert DeLeo (bass) have confirmed a January 14 show with a new band at B.B. King's nightclub in Los Angeles, according to Launch Radio Networks.

The DeLeo brothers are part of the new band known as FARM FUR, which is rounded out by Steve Ferrone, who drums with TOM PETTY, and singer Alex Lighterwood, who has recorded with CARLOS SANTANA. This newly minted super group will perform versions of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS songs as well as new original tunes.

How is it a supergroup if most people won't even know the names of its members?

I have never heard of those other two guys...let Talk Show II begin.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2005, 08:33:59 PM by everylilwhore »

loungeflyy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Dean And Robert 'super'group
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 11:59:54 PM »
Awesome. I am totally excited. The Deleos fucking rock.

By the way, this will probably blow Velvet Revolver right out of the fucking water.
you couldn\'t swing if you were hangin\' from a palm tree in a hurricane

Quetzal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 02:56:08 AM »
:blink:  :blink:  :blink:

That came out of nowhere.  Very exciting!! :)
You may regret clicking on this[/url].

everylilwhore

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 03:12:01 AM »
Awesome. I am totally excited. The Deleos fucking rock.

By the way, this will probably blow Velvet Revolver right out of the fucking water.
Ya...

They better have deep pockets still; cause I don't see this band getting much exposure at all...let alone selling millions of records and touring the world.

CA CHING.

:rolleyes:

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 04:05:51 AM »
I dont know... I'm not gunna make any opinions of them until I hear it, but my thoughts on the information there are sorta negative. 11 piece band??? Covers???

Blow VR out of the water? I'm not too sure...

nodrognorrab

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dasaboard
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 09:57:32 AM »
The DeLoe's do rock indeed and I'm excited to hear what they can deliver.

Does anybody have a link to hear what Alex Lighterwood sounds like?

Let the comparisons to STP/Weiland begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

nodrognorrab

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dasaboard
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 10:28:23 AM »
NEW INFO:

Did my own homework and it seems that Farm Fur (what a stupid name BTW) will NOT SOUND ANYTHING like STP and will probally be quite tame/weak/cornballish for STP fans...again this is just a guess based on the history of the two/seven? other members whom have weak rock roots at best.  I love some of Tom Petty's music but I just will have to wait till the band releases something to know for sure, as for Lighterwood- YUCK

FARM FUR EMERGE FOR DEBUT GIG AND NAMM PREPARATIONS:
Grand Entertainment Presents a Pre-Namm concert at BB King's Blues Club in Hollywood on January 14 with a new supergroup called Farm Fur. This band consists of Tom Petty's drummer Steve Ferrone, Stone Temple Pilots bass player Robert Deleo and brother Dean Deleo (guitar player From STP) and Alex Lighterwood -former vocalist of Santana. This is an 11 piece band that will play songs from STP and The Average White band and other covers. The doors will open at 6:00pm with Farm Fur playing at 11:00pm Tickets are $10 advance, $15 day of show.
Call 818-645-4140 ask for Dale Woodson or call BB Kings at 818-622-5464 to make reservations. The Band is preparing to perform at Namm the next week for the Industry.

More info: http://www.grandentertainment.info/modules...ype=view&eid=88.

stolen from Blabbermouth's web site:
 COMMENT | Alex Lighterwood
posted by : Melon.
1/4/2005 1:59:31 PM  

Is no good. I can't picture him with the deleo brothers.
here's some clips of him singing with santana.whether you like or not santana, it is irrelevant. But his singing is not good, sounds like some disco/ soul singer.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=music&n=507846

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
not all samples have vocals...listen to #2, #4, & #5  - that is all I could handle, if you need more your crazy

also found this funny:
 COMMENT | They should call it
posted by : azagthoth
1/4/2005 3:56:26 PM  

Santana Temple Petties :-)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 10:31:44 AM by nodrognorrab »

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 04:31:15 PM »
Hmm, interesting stuff. I wish them the best of luck with this project. From the information given, I don't have my hopes too high. However, before completely judging I would love to hear some of their new works.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 04:36:08 PM »
Let it breathe, at least they are keeping some of the memory alive. Its the closest thing we are EVER gonna get to an STP reunion, so  lets all get over it and get on with things.
And VR aint all that bad.
Phhewwww......i feel better now thats off my chest.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2005, 09:04:59 PM »
Man, I can't tell you how burned I am about this. I don't believe it! (though we all knew it would happen sooner or later). I personally think it's crushing to see STP doing other things. It was such a chemistry. That's the only negative thing I have towards VR, besides having Dave Kushner in the band (shoulda got somebody well known). I hope that this Farm Fur crap (no offense to the DeLeos) sucks, because I think we all need a wake up call here. We need a godamn STP reunion! And another thing, man, if you want a big band, why not stick Slash and Duff with STP and rename it!? (just a thought, as I read, it doesn't sound that good). I tell ya, man, no band that STP could make apart will sound better than the music we know they can make together.

P.S- In my opinion, Velvet Revolver is the next best thing when compared to STP, though it could be a lot better. Sorry Matt & Dave, but I think you're both replaceable...

everylilwhore

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 09:48:29 PM »

P.S- In my opinion, Velvet Revolver is the next best thing when compared to STP, though it could be a lot better. Sorry Matt & Dave, but I think you're both replaceable...
I concur with Matt being replaced (he is average at best)...but I think Dave does a pretty good job keeping up with Slash; pretty hard job.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2005, 12:07:42 AM »
That's rad.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling the only way anyone is going to hear it is by "purchasing" the CD - if it ever comes out to begin with.  I highly doubt we'll be hearing it on our local radio stations.  Like Sean said... they had better have deep pockets.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

walkingarazor

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/deathbedmotorcade
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2005, 03:06:27 AM »
I'm thinking that this is a "We're doing it for fun" sorta thing. I don't expect a record at all- let alone a tour that goes beyong a maximum of 3 western US states. Though I would love it if they came to Florida. I'd jump at any chance to see the DeLeos live.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 03:06:58 AM by walkingarazor »

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2005, 07:46:15 AM »
I'm thinking that this is a "We're doing it for fun" sorta thing. I don't expect a record at all- let alone a tour that goes beyong a maximum of 3 western US states. Though I would love it if they came to Florida. I'd jump at any chance to see the DeLeos live.
agreed.

everylilwhore

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2005, 08:05:34 AM »
The tour buses alone would make them go broke.

11 piece band?

:blink:

Maybe Scott can lend them some money...

:lol:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 08:05:58 AM by everylilwhore »